Four

Until It Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was such a miracle for Nayoung to wake up early in the morning without Yaebin's help recently. And the first thing she recognized after she went out from her room was the luggage in the front door. She ended standing in the living room while staring blankly at it.

Nayoung knew it belong to Jieqiong. She was the one who announced Jieqiong's personal schedule in China last night. And she was also the first to leave after did it.

Nayoung also remembered she hasn't heard from Jieqiong when she would leave. She didn't mean she wait for Jieqiong last night to visit her room and told her about the flight, but… You knew, as a leader Nayoung deserved to know about her member's schedule, right? And seriously, this wasn't an excuse!

“Unnie…”

From the tone of her voice, Nayoung knew Jieqiong was being careful to her. It wasn't necessary. Nayoung wasn't made of glass although last night she also proven wasn't made of stone. Apparently her heart was still having ability to bleed.

“You will leave tonight?” Instead waiting for Jieqiong to continue, Nayoung jumped to the conclusion. And this time, it was her turn to avoid Jieqiong's gaze at her. And for the first time since that fateful night, Nayoung was glad it was only her and Jieqiong at this moment. They surely didn't need audience at this situation.

“They gave me a slack to not practice today,” Jieqiong told her. “So I will leave after vocal training this afternoon. My flight at 6 pm.”

Nayoung only nodded. She had nothing to say… And she lied.

Nayoung had so many things to tell Jieqiong but everything died inside . She kept having thought why she should tell Jieqiong at this moment when everything was pointless. At least that’s how her mind tried to tell her.

But when Nayoung looked at the younger girl, she saw Jieqiong was waiting. She didn't know what Jieqiong want her to say. And she only said what it needed to be said.

“Have a safe trip.”

Nayoung ignored how monotonous her voice was - almost robotically. She just acted like what leader should do at this moment. She tried not to feel anything. Her tone might be the result of her hard work but she didn't have an urge to pat her head mentally this time. She felt like a loser than a winner for doing this.

“Will you…”

“Have you told the girls?”

It was coming in a rush. Nayoung didn't want to hear the rest of that question because she knew too well she can't answer it. Yes, Nayoung can guess what Jieqiong wanted to ask her but she didn’t want to deal with it. She knew she can’t say no but at the same time she also knew it was hard for her to say yes. Everything with Jieqiong was complicated.

And Nayoung can see Jieqiong was a bit shocked to see her action. The younger girl might not expecting her dear leader to change the topic so obviously.

“I told them last night but you were in your room so I…”

Nayoung wasn't mad to be the last person to know about Jieqiong's departure but she saw the younger girl slowly but surely lowering her head. Jieqiong wasn't like Jieqiong that Nayoung knew. Even Nayoung didn’t feel like herself this morning.

In the past Jieqiong wouldn’t be hesitant to enter Nayoung’s room. She would jump onto Nayoung’s bed to wake her when they didn’t sleep together. She never let Nayoung spent her time only with Chungha for long time except when they were sleeping. She always found a reason to join in even when she was busy goofing around with Somi, Yoojung and Doyeon at the living room.

But the past was the past. It was something that has been passed and can’t be repeated again. Memories were just to remember not to be live anymore. And that’s how they were now. Although they were still in the same group and live at the same dorm, but they were no longer those person in those days. Everything has changed.

“Have you contacted the manager about this? Is there anything else you need?” Nayoung shot Jieqiong her blank stare. She made their conversation sounded like a business deal.

Jieqiong only nodded. She returned to silent Jieqiong that Nayoung familiar with recently.

“If you don't need anything else, I'll go prepare myself,” Nayoung continued without looking at Jieqiong. “But I think I should find Minkyung first. The kids will be grumpy if they find nothing to eat,” she mumbled while glancing at the clock.

Without further ado, Nayoung left Jieqiong at the living room to go to Minkyung’s room.

Two can play. Even though Nayoung didn't know if Jieqiong would be jealous of the mention of Minkyung, two can play.

It has been a month since Nayoung ignored her heartache every time she saw Jieqiong and Eunwoo interaction. She kept making herself busy while swallowing her pain for the sake of her team. But today Nayoung didn't want to do it. For the first time, she wanted to be selfish. She had had enough.

*

“Will you miss her?”

Everyone was in the middle of competition of hugging Jieqiong when Siyeon punched that question into Nayoung's gut.

Nayoung was successfully avoiding this question that morning but this was Siyeon. Although Nayoung can pretend to be deaf or doze off, Siyeon would keep questioning her.

Sometimes Nayoung hated how persistent Siyeon was but at the same time she was glad. If Siyeon wasn't persisting enough, Nayo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter