Five

Until It Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING : This is just a fanfic...

Nayoung actually had a plan that she would spill whatever she kept inside her head when Chungha agreed to spend the night with her. Having position as leader that can’t break down because it can risk the group to be tear apart slowly fed her up. It wasn’t that she can’t trust them or let them see her weak side, but Nayoung always want to be dependable unnie for the little ones. And at the same time she also wanted to release all buried emotions to someone. Chungha was one of the person that she seek for comfort at this kind of situation.

But she only could swallow back everything when Chungha told her that Chaeyeon and Sejeong might be joining them that night. Although Nayoung ever shared her thoughts with Sejeong or Chaeyeon’s presence, but it felt different. Because at the moment they weren’t at the IOI’s dorm anymore and Nayoung already broke up with Jieqiong.

Nayoung knew she can trust Sejeong and Chaeyeon as much as she trusted Chungha but… It was silly thought though… Although at first Chaeyeon and Jieqiong seemed awkward to each other, but lately Nayoung also noticed they were getting closer. It wasn't only once or twice she caught Jieqiong called Chaeyeon or the otherwise. And everyone knew how closed Jieqiong with Sejeong back then at IOI's dorm. They always played with the other kids while Chungha, Chaeyeon and herself just watching them.

With this kind of thought, Nayoung were thinking she can’t risk Jieqiong found out whatever she wanted to say that night to Chungha. It wasn’t because she can’t trust Chaeyeon nor Sejeong for keeping it as secret - if she asked to - but Nayoung didn’t want a pity from anyone. There was also chance that Chungha would do the same though but at least the only thing Chungha would do was comforting her with late night talks. It happened before.

And most of all, Nayoung didn't want anyone try to fix anything because deep down she believed everything was over. Nayoung just needed to clear her thought and found closure for herself by sharing her thoughts to someone. But sadly tonight Nayoung must made a promise to herself that she would keep shut even thought it might drive her crazy later with this current situation – the presence of others.

*

When they arrived at Chungha’s place, they’ve got a phone call from Sejeong. Sadly she can’t join them that night due to her promotion schedule with Gugudan members at the moment. But Sejeong also made a promise next time she would definitely join them.

Although it passed midnight and three girls (Nayoung, Chungha and Chaeyeon) already wore their comfortable pajamas, none of them had intention to sleep soon. Since there were no under ages around, Chungha dared to offer Soju and beer while Nayoung and Chaeyeon gladly accepted.

It was only half an hour passed since they were listening to Chaeyeon’s story about her recent activity when Chungha suddenly held Nayoung’s wrist. Nayoung only gave Chungha a questionable look.

“Unnie, please slow down,” Chungha said. “I shared name with the alcohol brand, but you drink like there’s no tomorrow. And is that your third bottle tonight?”

Nayoung only shrugged her shoulder and continued her activity while signaling Chaeyeon to continue the story.

The DIA’s member was confused because at the same time Chungha also gave signal to help her stopped whatever Nayoung tried to do that night with that amount of drink she took. Despite her story was cut abruptly, Chaeyeon decided to help Chungha instead continuing her story as Nayoung’s wish.

“Yes, Chungha unnie is right,” Chaeyeon joined Chungha to stop Nayoung. “If something is weighing you down, share it with us instead of numbing your feeling. You and Sejeong unnie taught me that, right? To open up? To lean on you?”

Nayoung glanced at Chungha and Chaeyeon. Although she pulled her grip from the soju bottle she almost drunk, she kept silent. She didn’t want to break a promise that she made awhile ago.

“Is this because of… Jieqiong?” Chaeyeon was careful but she earned a warning glare from Chungha. Instead of backing down, Chaeyeon glared back.

The only impression depicted on Chaeyeon’s face was ‘now or never’. It made Chungha sigh in defeat as they both knew they had to talk to Nayoung straightforwardly or else their former leader would choose to shut down and no one ever had the chance to enter her mind. And they both also knew pretty well that Nayoung wouldn’t be the one who started this conversation. And for a second, Chungha really wished Sejeong were there with them. That girl always knew how to make Nayoung talked.

Chaeyeon and Chungha knew about the breakup. They got a short message from Nayoung that night and the implication of she didn’t want to talk about it from the message she sent – Nayoung said it clearly that nothing to discuss about. They respected the decision because they thought maybe Nayoung – and Jieqiong – might be need time to short out. But the time suddenly passed without they realized. And the chance to open the topic was suddenly gone because of their busy schedules and rare occasion to meet up like tonight. And Chaeyeon thought maybe this was the only chance they would have.

And all this time Nayoung also didn’t know that Chaeyeon also got the same message from Jieqiong – later she told Chungha and Sejeong about it. And Jieqiong also made the same statement that all had ended and nothing to discuss because it was mutual agreement. It made Chaeyeon curious about what really happened. Was it true Nayoung’s worry became reality? It was still fresh in her mind about their last conversation at IOI’s dorm (Nayoung, Chungha and Chaeyeon) the night after they announced their disbandment (AN. Kindly read the last flashback on Chapter 1).

“Jieqiong is home now… with parents,” Nayoung answered in faint voice. She actually tried not to stutter. “She called Eunwoo earlier…”

It was obvious that Nayoung was a little bit drunk. And this might be a good opportunity for Chaeyeon and Chungha to dig about what was really on Nayoung’s mind because she was sometimes too quiet for her own good. Nayoung was always too careful to speak her mind because she afraid to offend anyone. Although she can be strict as a leader, she never ever deliberately hurt anyone with her words.

Sometimes Nayoung shared a piece of her mind with Chungha, but it always the latter started the conversation. And ironically, Jieqiong was usually the one who became the bridge to tell them about what’s really on Nayoung’s mind – other than work related – when they still lived together at IOI’s dorm.

“Jieqiong returns home and she called her instead of you?” Chaeyeon made sure she didn’t make wrong conclusion from what she heard.

Nayoung laughed bitterly. It surely ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter