Seven

Until It Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly the reason why I wasn't updating this story because I was stuck. hahahaha... not in closet, so don't worry. The reason was because Jieiqong's POV wasn't intentional, but it needed. I want my reader to see a glimpse of Jieqiong's feeling which ended in last chapter. So... let's go back again to Nayoung's life for now, shall we?

I'm sorry I haven't brought you to Asan even when we were active together in IOI. The plan was out of the blue. Next time we'll go together.

It was the first message Nayoung intended to send to Jieqiong when she found the Chinese Miracle was no longer replying to any messages in their group chat.

Honestly Nayoung was a little bit worry because it wasn't typical of Jieqiong not to reply. She was kind of wishing for Jieqiong to complain because they went there without her or something. She didn't expecting silent Jieqiong there. And Jieqiong was one of the active members in their group chat. The younger girl ever complained to Nayoung because mostly the leader only replied shortly or with emoticon. And Nayoung knew better her schedule wasn't today.

But when Nayoung realized the double meaning in that message, she immediately deleted it before she accidentally sent it. Considered their current situation – as ex lover – Nayoung thought it was wrong to send that kind of message. And to be fair, Nayoung still didn’t know Jieqiong’s reason. She probably didn’t sulk because she didn’t join the trip to Asan. Nayoung can’t be arrogant by thinking that way.

How is home? Is everything okay there? Do you have fun?

It was the second but Nayoung deleted it again. She thought the message was too friendly.

Considered they barely spoke lately, wasn't it would be weird if suddenly Nayoung acted too friendly in front of Jieqiong even though it was from text message? It would be normal if Yaebin or Eunwoo was the one who sent that text message. They might be added how jealous they were with Jieqiong’s friends because they can spend a day with her without worrying about work. But what would Jieqiong think if Nayoung was the one who sent it?

Their longest conversation recently was the morning before Jieqiong's flight to China. And Nayoung remembered she was acting a little bit cold that day. Nayoung even rejected Eunwoo's phone when Jieqiong called although she had her own reason – Chungha was on her line.

Don't forget about your schedule tomorrow. Have fun and take care in there.

In the end Nayoung sent a text message that sounded like it was sent by a caring leader. She tried to stick with her role nowadays. But Nayoung immediately regretted the choice of her words when she found no reply from Jieqiong.

Was the message too short? Or was it too long? Or was it too formal? Or was it too cold? But it wasn't too friendly, right?

Those were the questions that kept playing inside Nayoung's head while waiting for the reply. And she can’t help but kept turning glances into her chat room and time on her cell phone when she still can’t find a reply from Jieqiong.

Nayoung really wished the reason why Jieqiong didn’t reply because she was busy with her family or friends in there or she already slept. Although it was a bit too early for the latter and Nayoung knew better how late Jieqiong usually slept because of her night routine – and how it was hard to wait for her when Jieqiong wanted to cuddle before sleep back then in IOI’s dorm, but Nayoung kept wishing one of them were really the reason why Jieqiong didn’t reply her message.

While still wondering about what the Chinese girl did at home, in the corner of her eyes Nayoung found Eunwoo was sitting and biting her nails while staring at her phone. Nayoung aware it was Eunwoo’s habit when she felt nervous or anxious about something. And Nayoung knew it was the latter because at the same time she also noticed how Yaebin kept glancing at her phone and Eunwoo’s alternately. Nayoung knew the 98Liners had their own group chat and judged from their actions, they also were waiting for Jieqiong’s reply.

“She’s really busy, huh?” Yaebin tried to lower her voice because some of the kids already slept in Nayoung’s living room.

Nayoung almost ignored their wishes - about sleeping together in the living room - if only her mother didn’t look as enthusiast as them about the idea. Nayoung's mother even said it was long time since Nayoung took her friends for sleepover in their house. Nayoung had no heart to reject nine puppy eyes - including her mother - and agreed with the idea. But later Nayoung felt glad because of that abrupt idea and the sleeping arrangement – Nayoung was laying beside Siyeon who slept between her and Eunwoo – she had a chance to listen to Eunwoo and Yaebin’s conversation that night.

And Nayoung knew eavesdropping was not a good deed but she was worried and that might be enough reason for her to do this. While pretending sleeping, Nayoung paid close attention to their conversation.

“Yeah. I sent direct message but still no reply yet,” Eunwoo answered. “Is it possible she was sleeping now?”

Yaebin shrugged. “That doesn't sound like Jieqiong to me. But she doesn't like Jieqiong since morning. Is that possible she's sulking because we are coming here without her?”

Eunwoo shrugged too. “I'm not sure. Maybe she just left her phone for family dinner?” She offered.

“Jieqiong? Without phone? Are you kidding me?” Yaebin snorted. “She was always the first to search her phone whenever we finished practicing, meeting or recording. She can't live without her phone.”

“To think she lives far away from her home, it's understandable, right?” Eunwoo asked.

“I wasn't trying to judge her about it, okay? But seriously… she never leave her phone alone, we know that,” Yaebin stated. “But there's possibility why she didn't reply…”

“What?” Eunwoo really hated when Yaebin purposely made her guess whatever she wanted to say next.

“This is Nayoung unnie's house,” Yaebin tried to lower her voice but -pretended- sleeping Nayoung still can catch that.

“If you were trying to open our last conversation with her, I told you again, wait for her to come back first,” Eunwoo sighed. “I want her to explain it to you directly, not me. And it's her life, she has the right to keep or tell.”

“Then why she told you but not me?” Yaebin pouted. “Am I no longer her BFF?”

“First, that's not how BFF works because friends also keep secret from each other. Second, I asked. How many times should I tell you about this?” Eunwoo deadpanned. “If you were really curious about it just asked. She might tell you.”

“Might, huh?” Yaebin challenged.

“If you want another way, just ask Nayoung unnie,” Eunwoo said lightly. “You've been close to her lately, right? You may ask her when you wake her in the morning.”

“But that's…”

“That's the only way you find out what happened between them,” Eunwoo finished it. “If Jieqiong didn’t reply until tomorrow, I'll call her. Let's sleep. Night, Yaeb.”

“Night, Nunu,” Yaebin replied in defeat.

The short rapper only can lay herself between Eunwoo and Kyungwon when she saw Eunwoo purposely back-facing her to end their conversation.

Yaebin knew she should ask Jieqiong directly about what happened but somehow she also knew Jieqiong wouldn't tell her everything like she did to Eunwoo. The three of them were - are - really close but she knew there was something special between the other two that she can't pinpointed. Yaebin knew she wasn’t extra like the promo in shopping mall buy 2 get 1, but really… sometimes when the two of them talked, Yaebin felt like an outsider. And the trust Jieqiong had for Eunwoo was different from the trust she had for Yaebin. Jieqiong saw Eunwoo was more dependable than her. The reason? Yaebin still can’t figure out.

And might be it was her negative thought talking, but recently Yaebin felt like Jieqiong put a little bit distance between them, especially since they – Nayoung and Jieqiong – returned to the dorm. Was it because Yaebin took the duty to wake up Nayoung in the morning? Nayoung ever called her Jieqiong when she woke her, right? Jieqiong can’t be jealous because of that, right? It was natural for Yaebin woke Nayoung as they were roommate. And if that the case, why Jieqiong also tried to avoid Nayoung?

After released a long frustrated sigh, Yaebin decided to sleep. It was useless to think about it that night. Eunwoo was right, Yaebin might need to ask Jieqiong directly either she told her the truth or not.

At the same time Nayoung's body was a bit stiff when she sensed Eunwoo was lying facing Siyeon. It also meant Eunwoo was facing her. The leader didn't know if she was caught for eavesdropping or not but for sure Nayoung didn't dare to open her eyes.

For about an hour – it felt like a year for her – Nayoung tried not to make an obvious movements in her position. Instead thinking about turning her body, Nayoung was acting like a log. And when she heard no noise in the living room, Nayoung slowly opened her eyes.

What she didn't expecting was to find Eunwoo was staring at her. Nayoung's heart was stopped beating for few seconds. She was glad she had no heart disease or else she might die because of heart attack.

“If you miss her, please tell her. I believe she feels the same but she afraid to tell you that.”

Nayoung was speechless. She thought she should be the one who said that to Eunwoo. But to think it clearly, Eunwoo wasn't typic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter