Six

Until It Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And here you go like my promise... Jieqiong's POV... Although I'm a bit contemplating but it needed for future chapter...

Jieqiong can’t sleep. She kept trying and she kept failing miserably. She mostly regretted open her chat room before going to bed. If only she didn’t do it, she might be already in Dreamland at the moment.

But Jieqiong was curious and stupid if might add. She wanted to know about everything that happened at the dorm when she wasn’t around. She wanted to know if some…- everyone missed her or not.

Jieqiong knew being part of a large group also meant that one missing person wouldn’t make the house felt really empty. Even so, Jieqiong wanted to know if everyone missed her even though she left Seoul for no more than 24 hours. And to the fact that someone didn’t want to talk to her on the phone when she informed them about her arrival in Shanghai, it honestly bothered her a lot. And without thinking, she sent a message to Eunwoo and Yaebin in their 98Liner’s chatroom.

What are you doing?

The question was that simple. She knew most of them probably going to bed – or prepared to – considered it passed midnight and as she remembered their practice schedule should be over an hour ago. And she also knew their dear leader never let them slept late although they would have day off the day after.

Nayoung unnie always said, “Sleep is important no matter how busy you are.” And no one ever dared to question or even argue to that statement. Everyone knew Nayoung unnie always thought about the best for the group. And the thought of that dear leader made Jieqiong sighed after sent the message.

We’re having movie night. Minkyung unnie lets us do it. It came from Yaebin’s reply. And IF you asked why Nayoung unnie lets us do this, it’s because she isn’t here.

Jieqiong frowned. Until late of the afternoon before her departure, she didn’t hear anyone had plan to go home or going somewhere. But she suddenly remembered Nayoung unnie was on the phone when she called Eunwoo. Jieqiong almost asked if Nayoung unnie was going home when suddenly new message popped up in her phone. It was Yaebin again.

And IF you want to know where she is, asked Chungha unnie. She kidnapped her, Yaebin added.

Jieqiong almost hated how Yaebin kept writing IF in capital letters. She knew she owned explanation to Yaebin about what happened between her and Nayoung unnie at the veranda that night – when they broke up. Yaebin was there watching Nayoung unnie carried her to the room after she felt asleep after broke down in tears. That night Yaebin just went back to her room pretend to sleep when Nayoung unnie came back to their shared room.

Yaebin also didn’t buy the explanation Nayoung unnie gave the day after. She knew something was off but she didn’t say a single word. That day Yaebin only stared at Jieqiong and Nayoung unnie alternately without saying a word - one of reasons why Jieqiong felt awkward that day and fell into silence. Yaebin didn’t try to approach them directly. She was patient enough for that matter. Or might be Yaebin just waited until Jieqiong spilled the bean considering they were same age friends. (A/N. Ref. to Chapter Two. Yeah. Yaebin was the other one who observing Nayoung beside Minkyung that day)

But at the same time, Jieqiong really didn’t know how to tell Yaebin about the whole story. She didn’t know if it was right choice to tell her about her relationship with Nayoung unnie back then at the IOI’s dorm. And most of all, she was afraid with her reaction about the news although it already ended. She knew how precious Nayoung unnie was for Yaebin. The small rapper really adored and admired Nayoung unnie.

For Eunwoo… she knew about the story – the break up not the whole story because Jieqiong can’t tell her about her crush on that shiba-inu-like girl – because Jieqiong told her. Eunwoo confronted her that night when Nayoung unnie made statement Jieqiong was crying because she missed the IOI kids. She took the chance when Nayoung unnie went home late because of the meeting with their managers.

Eunwoo also can see the lies, especially in Jieqiong’s eyes. The three of them wouldn't call themselves best friends if they can't read each other's mind. But different from Yaebin, Eunwoo knew how to confront Jieqiong. She didn’t want to wait. (A/N. This is also ref. to chap. Two)

That night Jieqiong spilled the story – about the break up – beside Bae Sungyeon’s sleeping body. And the day after Eunwoo told Jieqiong Nayoung unnie caught her leaving her room that night. Eunwoo also said, Nayoung unnie didn't say anything beside told Eunwoo to rest.

And it distracted Jieqiong’s mind because there was no reaction from Nayoung unnie the following day. Nayoung unnie acted like usual, the firm yet gentle leader to everyone. Nayoung unnie just made a statement that she had not enough sleep when Kyla caught her spacing out in the back seat of their van. And Jieqiong wouldn’t be the reason why Nayoung unnie couldn't sleep, right?

But what bothered Jieqiong the most was how dependable Minkyung unnie was for Nayoung unnie that day. How easily Nayoung unnie leaned her head on Minkyung unnie’s shoulder and slept peacefuly in there. How they looked perfect together…

Jieqiong knew they already broke up – most probably because of her – but was it enough reason for her not to feel jealous? Would the feeling just gone when it ended? Is that what happened between them? Jieqiong sometimes wished yes was the answer, but she knew by heart she felt it... the jealousy slowly ate her alive.

Just ignore her. She is still bitter because I told her to wait for you. How is your home? Have fun in there?

Jieqiong knew better Eunwoo tried to ease the tension between Yaebin and her by changing the topic. Although Jieqiong felt guilty how she always put Eunwoo in the middle of her problem – here and there – but at the same time she felt grateful to have Eunwoo in her life. That was one of the reasons why she had a crush on her. Eunwoo was like a life saver for Jieqiong.

Home is great… although I miss you guys already…

And Jieqiong almost forgot about Nayoung unnie that night if only one text message from Chaeyeon didn’t come just right after she bid farewell with Eunwoo and Yaebin in their group chat.

Will you be happy if I said she gives up on you?

Jieqiong blinked.

One.

Two.

Three.

She ended blinking rapidly and wished the message from Chaeyeon unnie would be gone from her phone screen. But… it didn’t.

Chaeyeon unnie just sent that message to her. It wasn’t her hallucination.

What do you mean, Unnie?

Jieqiong knew, she shouldn’t reply. She should just ignore the text and apologized the next morning and told Chaeyeon she already slept or another lie she can come up to. But she can’t. She knew exactly what Chaeyeon unnie was talking about.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter