Chapter 20

Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the most awaited day for everyone, especially for Jennie and Lisa. Their performance was held at night since most of the students demanded to do it and watch it at nightfall. Jennie was glad that Henry was able to help write another set of lyrics for their song since she lost her notebook. And she had to admit, it was better than the one she had written. The program had already started and they're going to perform depending whose name was picked from the bowl so everyone had to be attentive to who was going to perform next. Jennie was growing nervous especially now that she saw Lisa was sitting with the audience. She had to be great and she had to make sure that she had all the lyrics right. 

 

Rosé and Jisoo had finished singing their song and they were thankful it wasn't a mess like they thought it would be since they didn't practice that much. Their plans on practicing always turned into cuddling and kissing. After they bowed to the audience, they went to the backstage and they were welcomed by a nervous Jennie peeking at the audience from where they should pass by.

 

"Lisa's there okay." Jisoo whispered to Jennie.

 

"I know, it's just that I'm nervous. What do you think would be her reaction?" Jennie worriedly asked.

 

"Relax okay? Everything will turn out just fine. I mean look at us." Jisoo linked her arms with Rosé. "We didn't really prepare for this but it turned out great, I think. Don't you think?" Jisoo asked Rosé.

 

"Everything's better when we're together." Rosé beamed and Jisoo flashed a very bright smile.

 

"You two are making me puke." Jennie made face and the two just giggled.

 

"Why don't you practice with Henry while still waiting for your names to be called?" Rosé suggested.

 

"Yeah, you're right." Jennie sighed. "I'll go ahead." Jennie said and the two just nodded, letting Jennie dismissed herself.

 

"Want to make a bet?" Jisoo mischievously said to Rosé when they were finally alone.

 

"What is it this time?" Rosé playfully rolled her eyes as she chuckled. 

 

"Jenlisa will happen tonight." Jisoo smirked.

 

"Jenlisa?" Rosé raised an eyebrow. "When did you get so clever?" She pinched her nose affectionately.

 

"If I the two finally announce their love for each other, you'll kiss me until I tell you to stop." Jisoo wiggled her eyebrows.

 

"Well, then I can't wait for them to finally confess." Rosé winked.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie found Henry tuning his guitar. She cleared for him to know her presence. He looked up to her and smiled.

 

"Hey." Henry casually said. "You look nervous." He lightheartedly chuckled.

 

"How can't I be? The person I'm dedicating our song will be watching us." Jennie took a deep breath.

 

"Who is he anyway if you don't mind me asking?" Henry asked and Jennie halfheartedly chuckled.

 

"Actually, she's Lisa."

 

"Oh." Henry nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

 

"No, it's fine." Jennie smiled.

 

"Too bad I don't really stand a chance with you. I mean you're cute and I want to know you more and better. But I respect you so yeah, I wish you luck." Henry smiled.

 

"We should do our best." Jennie smiled back.

 

"Okay, now let's see who's going to perform next!" The host announced and the two paid their attention to the announcement. "Jennie Kim and Henry Lau." 

 

"Oh God." Jennie gasped. "It's our turn."

 

"Let's go, shall we?" Henry stood up and offered his hand to Jennie for her to hold.

 

"My hands are cold." 

 

"So are mine." Henry said. "We're up next, come on." Jennie took a very deep breath and held Henry's hand.

 

"Put your hands together for Jennie and Henry!" The host said as the two walked on stage, hand in hand, and the crowd cheered for them. Jennie nervously looked at Lisa who was smiling at her and clapping along with the crowd. Jennie and Henry bowed to the audience before the host interviewed them. "So before we start, can you tell us something about what you're going to sing?" The host asked and Henry looked at Jennie, signaling her to answer the question. The latter nervously took the microphone and cleared before answering.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter