Chapter 17

Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Henry and Jennie was done discussing about the song they're going to perform at the field. Jennie bid her goodbye to him and gathered her things before going. As she was walking, she caught something at the corner of her eyes. She turned to her side and she saw Lisa was hugging Tzuyu. Jennie felt her heart ached and confused at the same time. Lisa just told her that Tzuyu was a horrible person and she ruined her, and now she's hugging the person she despise.

 

But Jennie also thought, maybe they finally made up. It's the most possible thing that could happen. But the only thing that she didn't know was if she would feel happy for them that they finally made up or be envious, hoping that it would be her that Lisa was hugging. She sighed at the thought, walking away from the two without being noticed. Because of what she saw, she suddenly didn't want to stay the night at their dorm. 

 

She checked her phone to check the time only to see two missed calls from Jisoo. Jennie thought maybe they were waiting for her. She already knew what would happen if the two saw her, they would probably ask questions about what she and Lisa talked about earlier. Jennie actually wished that that day didn't exist and just vanish because it was a bad day to her and she just didn't want to talk about everything about what happened that day because she felt bad. And so Jennie sent a text to Jisoo instead, saying that they didn't have to wait for her. Just to be sure that Jisoo and Rosé were gone to their home, she wasted her time at the parking lot; just standing and thinking until she heard someone called her name.

 

"Jennie?" Jennie turned her head to where the voice was coming from and she smiled when she saw Henry. "Are you waiting for someone here?" He asked as he was walking closer to her.

 

"No, I'm just killing my time here." Jennie answered.

 

"Ah, okay." Henry smiled. "Do you want me to take you home? Where do you live?"

 

"Um Henry? This might be too much of me to ask but can I stay over at your house?" Jennie shyly asked.

 

"Why? Something wrong?" Henry grew concerned.

 

"Nothing, I just don't feel like going back to our dorm is all." Jennie lightheartedly chuckled. "But it's okay if you don't want to, I mean you don't have to. I understand, you might be busy with your stuff and I don't want to—"

 

"Well now you're making me feel bad if I don't take you with me now." Henry chuckled. "Now that you just said you don't want to stay in your dorm and you probably don't have somewhere to stay."

 

"No, really, you don't have to oblige yourself." Jennie said, suddenly feeling ashamed.

 

"I was just joking. Come on, you are very welcome in our house." Henry warmly smiled and Jennie narrowed her eyes at him, making him laugh. "What? I won't be doing anything 'bad' to you, I promise. I'll have the guest room prepared for you. And maybe after we have our dinner we can practice the song together, sounds cool?"

 

"Okay, just so you know I have no interest in you." Jennie lightheartedly said as she chuckled.

 

"Ow." Henry faked to be hurt as he rubbed his chest but laughed afterwards. "Just kidding, you don't have to tell me twice."

 

"Twice? When did I tell you the first time?" Jennie asked, puzzled.

 

"The song you're writing." He nonchalantly said. "Come on now, let's hit the road before it gets dark."

 

Jennie didn't expect Henry to have a car because they were now in his car. It was just a short drive from their school to Henry's house. Jennie gawked at Henry's house and thought he was rich. Henry opened the door for Jennie and entered the house, she was even more amazed when she took a quick look at the features.

 

"Mom, I'm home!" Henry announced his presence and seconds later, a woman in her 40's arrived and welcomed Henry with a warm hug. She looked at Jennie and the latter shyly smiled and bowed her head politely.

 

"And who might this girl be?" His mother asked.

 

"This is Jennie, she's my partner in our presentation this coming College Day." Henry introduced and Jennie extended her hand.

 

"It's nice to meet you, Ma'am." Jennie politely said and the woman gladly took and shook her hand.

 

"Oh please, just call me Mrs. Lau." Henry's mom smiled. "Have you two eaten already?"

 

"No, not yet." Henry answered.

 

"Dinner is ready in a few." Henry's mom said and then she turned to Jennie. "Make yourself comfortable while I prepare our dinner okay?"

 

"Alright, thank you." Jennie slightly bowed her head and the woman left them.

 

"Come, I'll show you to your room. Or maybe you want me to give you a small tour?" Henry said.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter