Chapter 2

The most unbearable roommate

The blond boy didn't know when he fell asleep, he had simply given himself in completely to the fatigue which that strange day left him with. The next morning, he woke up because of the annoying alarm of his roommate Se Hun and he couldn't help but let out an irritation sigh.

"What time is it?" He asked in a low voice, moving his hand over the mattress until he found his cell phone, which indicated that it was six thirty. He couldn't believe it! His classes wouldn't start until eight, so he could sleep more. He frowned and turned around to see the brown-haired boy, who had already gotten up as if nothing had happened, and he was getting ready to leave. "Oh Se Hun, is it very necessary to wake me up like this? Classes will start in an hour and a half, we have enough time."

"Good morning to you, too," the taller boy answered, filling the room with his sarcasm that didn't seem funny at all to Lu Han.

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

"Look... Lu Han, right?" It seemed he wanted to make sure he was pronouncing the other's name correctly, but he didn't really care that much. "Are your classes going to start at eight? Congratulations. But I have only thirty minutes to get to my first class of the day. I won't be late."

Then, Lu Han remembered that his schedules were completely different, and he snorted. He decided to ignore Se Hun since he didn't want to start his day with an argument and an excruciating headache. He moved a bit under his sheets and closed his eyes hoping he could fall asleep again.

Se Hun got out of the room once he finished getting ready. Of course, he closed the door with more strength than which was necessary, making a loud noise that caught Lu Han by surprise, scaring him.

"Damn it! He did it on purpose!" The blond complained, giving up and starting his day even though it was still kind of early for him. He was sure he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep anymore.

The schedules of Lu Han and Se Hun had only one thing in common, which was lunchtime, but of course, they wouldn't spend it together. Lu Han looked for a quiet place at the tables of the cafeteria, as far from the center as he could, and he stayed there with some other students. Meanwhile, his roommate preferred to go up to the roof and enjoy his lunch there, with some company, too. It was only the second day of classes, but each one had already begun to stick with their own group of friends.

Lu Han sat with two guys who had almost all their classes with him. Their names were Byun Baek Hyun and Do Kyung Soo. They had become friends in a matter of seconds since they had several things in common. They even shared lunch already, whether it was homemade or bought at the university. It was something that would undoubtedly become a nice habit.

Another person joined them that same day because of Baek Hyun, who took his friend Kim Min Seok and introduced him with pride, hoping that in the end everyone would get along.

Se Hun also spent his time with people he had met during his classes: Park Chan Yeol, Kim Jong In, and Kim Jong Dae. They were all very different, but in one way or another they could talk without problems and even laugh when someone came up with a silly joke.

Inside the cafeteria, noise was always inevitable. Sooner or later, all the students who were there ended up talking to each other. Lu Han and his new friends were no exception.

"So, I'm just being curious here, but... Do you get along with your roommates?" Asked Baek Hyun, who had straight and light brown hair, along with a playful look of the same color.

"Terribly." Lu Han didn't even have to think a lot about his answer.

"Really?" He chuckled. "Why?"

"Yeah, tell us." Kyung Soo said, doing everything in his power to avoid having to talk about how he and his roommate were.

From one moment to the next, the three boys who were sitting there with Lu Han were staring at him, ready to listen carefully. The blond sighed and just started to talk about it, recognizing that it felt good to be surrounded by people who were there for him, although he wasn't able to deny that talking to his friend Yun was easier for him.

Baek Hyun opened his eyes with great surprise after hearing the complete story, from their first meeting to the annoying moment Lu Han had to live that morning because of the different schedules.

"You make me feel lucky for not having that guy as my roommate," he commented.

"I can't believe he's... like that," said Min Seok. "Can't you request to move to another room?"

"I would like that..." Lu Han admitted.

"If you need someone else to agree with you in order to change places, let me know," Kyung Soo said later. "I am willing to change. I wouldn't even mind if an alarm made me wake up earlier."

"Oh, please! You only say that because you fell in love at first sight with your roommate, but you don't want to admit it." Baek Hyun tried to a little.

"Of course not!" He tried to defend himself. "The only thing I did was saying that I found Kim Jong In kind of attractive. Kind of! And I only said it once!"

"You just said it a second time."

"Leave me alone!"

"So, do you get along with your roommate, Baek Hyun?" Lu Han wanted to prevent Kyung Soo from getting really angry. Luckily, at that moment he could count on his curiosity to change the subject.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "He's... strange. He seems nice, but the truth is that we haven't talked much. His name is Park Chan Yeol and I would be lying to you if I told you that I don't want to be his friend," he confessed with a soft laugh.

"Well, I don't think there are two like Oh Se Hun in the world, so you'll probably have a normal, kind roommate with whom you can actually start a friendship." He smiled at him.

"I hope so."

"And what about you, Min Seok?" The blond asked.

"If I had to use a single word to describe my roommate, I'd say he's funny... But I think we can get along with some time," replied the boy with orange-dyed hair. "His name is Kim Jong Dae, but he prefers to be called Chen".

Lunchtime ended, and everyone had to return to their classrooms. The day didn't have much left, but Lu Han felt somewhat tired already.

When only ten minutes were left for his classes to finish, he felt his cell phone vibrating in his pocket. He took it out carefully and slowly so that his teacher wouldn't discover him. Then, he read the new message he had received.

W-Yun:
How are you, deer?
Sorry I didn't say hi before, I had a busy day.

Deer7:
Don't worry, Yunnie. I could have said hi, too, but I didn't because I was thinking about other stuff. Sorry.

W-Yun:
Is everything OK?

Deer7:
I'm in class.
Give me a moment and I'll reply.

W-Yun:
All right.

The next few minutes seemed like an eternity, as if suddenly the teacher's voice had the mysterious ability to freeze time. When he finally said what the homework was and allowed the students to leave the classroom, Lu Han got up as fast as he could and went to his room. He wanted to talk to Yun, but he would do so from the comfort of his bed.

The expression on his face changed when he opened the door and saw Se Hun typing something on his laptop. Of course, he was on his own side of the room, but he preferred not to meet him anyway; he didn't want to see him, much less to have a conversation with him.

"Don't make too much noise," asked the brown-haired boy without taking his eyes off the screen. "I'm working on a very important task."

"Do you want to calm down? I haven't make a single noise since I came in," Lu Han said as he left his backpack hanging on the back of his chair.

He sat on the bed and took his cell phone out to continue talking to Yun. He didn't feel like arguing.

Deer7:
There. I'm in my room now.
The only bad thing is that my roommate is here, too...

W-Yun:
Just ignore him, deer.

Deer7:
Do you know something, Yunnie?
I tried to be nice at the beginning and I tried to get along with him, I don't understand why is he so annoying.

W-Yun:
There are people with a horrible attitude, we can't do anything about that. My advice remains the same: ignore him.

Deer7:
You're right.
Yes, I will keep ignoring him.
I just hope he doesn't do any stupid things and I end up going crazy.

Yun stopped replying and Lu Han assumed that he had gotten busy with something, so he didn't send any more messages. He stretched over his sheets and turned around to see Se Hun for a few seconds. The silence was uncomfortable, almost unbearable, but he said nothing. He knew that they should continue like that, it was better to ignore him, just as Yun had said... But they were roommates! They both had the same right to be in that room if they wanted to, no matter how uncomfortable it was.

To be continued.