Chapter 7

The most unbearable roommate

They had a great time at the mall. After having french fries and double cheeseburgers in the food court, they watched an action movie at the cinema, let the adorable animals in the pet store fill their hearts with tenderness, entertained themselves in a bookstore and went to a small arcade, same place where Se Hun defeated Lu Han in a dance game. Before all the stores closed, the taller guy helped his roommate to choose some new clothes and finally they went to the Starbucks on the first floor to buy coffee before leaving.

"I had a lot of fun," Lu Han smiled.

"So did I." Se Hun answered truthfully, moving along with him.

Since they were going towards the same place, they returned together. They weren't too far away from the dorms when Lu Han stopped the taller.

"Wait! One more!" He got closer to him and took another selfie.

"Seriously? You've been taking pictures all day," Se Hun mentioned, although he stood next to Lu Han, anyways.

"You can't blame me, it was an amazing day!" He exclaimed happily.

"You're kind of noisy."

"Do you think so? I'd say I'm friendly." He stuck his tongue out.

"Oh, come on."

"Who wouldn't take the chance to remind you that Yunnie said his roommate is friendly?" He sang softly.

"Well, yeah, you are." A somewhat nervous laugh escaped his lips. "You let me have the left side of the room."

"No! Let me correct that. You forced me to give you the left side, you, fool." He hit his arm lightly.

"Hey… We can still change places, if you want to."

"No, don't worry. It's fine." He smiled at him, finally getting to the dorms.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

Lu Han opened the door with his key, which he then dropped somewhere on his desk. Then he let himself fall on top of his bed and closed his eyes. He was so tired that he could fall asleep in that same second… Or so he thought, until his own memory reminded him of something important.

What had he thought about exactly in that afternoon, before arriving to the fountain?

Yun had always been there for him, in both good and bad times. His words were always nice and full of understanding. He had helped him when he felt truly alone, he had shared his secrets and fears, he knew which things made him laugh and which things made him cry. He always dreamed of seeing him face to face someday, hugging him and thanking him for everything. But that afternoon he had stopped to think about something else, about if he felt anything special for Yun. Although he himself said that it was not possible to develop feelings like that for someone without a face, and without a name, things had changed. Maybe he was just afraid to admit the truth. Besides, now he knew who Yun was.

However… Yun and Se Hun were different. If he maybe liked Yun, then… Could it be that he maybe liked Se Hun, too? Se Hun was still Yun, after all. His attitude didn't change the fact that he had done so many good things for him before.

"Se Hun…" He turned around to see him.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For…" He stayed silent for a moment. "For everything you've done for me as Yun." He sighed. "How scary… Out of the blue, my roommate knows me really well." He tried to laugh.

Se Hun smiled sideways. "Well, you also know me well, don't you?"

"I don't know…" He confessed. "It's hard to believe that you're Yun. Your attitude and his are so different that I feel confused."

The taller boy took off his cap and shoes before sitting on his bed, looking at Lu Han before muttering an apology. It didn't surprise him at all that the blond felt that way.

The next morning, Lu Han woke up even earlier than Se Hun. His eyes went to the bed on the left side of the room, and he sighed. His roommate looked quite calm when he was asleep.

"Lu Han! What are you doing?! Stop looking at him! Now." He mentally scolded himself before getting up and walking to the bathroom, passing very carefully by one side of the other's bed, since he didn't want to make any noise that could wake him up.

As the day continued, Lu Han did his best to concentrate during his classes, and so did Kyung Soo. Both boys wrote down some notes, while Baek Hyun was distracted and did nothing more than scribbling on the last pages of his notebook, trusting that he could later ask his friends about anything he couldn't understand.

After leaving the classroom, he felt his cell phone vibrating in the pocket of his jacket. He took it out and read a couple of messages from his roommate.

W-Yun:
Good morning, Lu Han.
Or do you want me to keep calling you "Deer"?

A weak smile appeared on his lips before typing and sending an answer.

Deer7:
Good morning, Se Hun. You can call me as you prefer. 😊

W-Yun:
Good.
Shall we have lunch together today?

Deer7:
Sure!

W-Yun:
I just got out of my classroom.

Deer7:
Same.
Shall we meet at the cafeteria?

W-Yun:
Actually, I was thinking that we could go to The Silver House.
Not necessarily for that milkshake we talked about.
What do you say?

Deer7:
I say we should be on our way!

W-Yun:
Great! I'll wait for you at the front entrance.

Lu Han quickly waved goodbye to his friends and promised he would explain everything later. Then he started to run. Kyung Soo and Baek Hyun just turned to see each other, confused by the sudden rush of the blond.

To be continued.