Chapter 10

The most unbearable roommate

"Lu Han, I know I promised not to tell anyone, but I really think Channie should know what's going on."

"No, he shouldn't," the blond replied after rolling his eyes. "Please keep your promise, Baek Hyun."

"Channie can help us, Lu Han. Don't you understand?"

"You just want to get closer to your roommate, so you're looking for excuses even under stones," he snorted. "As if you two didn't get along well enough."

Lu Han was in a bad mood that morning, but his friend Baek Hyun was the only one who knew why. Since Se Hun had spent a lot of time talking to other friends lately, the blond boy became jealous and didn't want to admit it. It was hard to accept the fact that his jealousy made sense for his true feelings.

"Lu... Being jealous transforms you into a bad-tempered monster, I swear," cmplained the brown-haired guy.

"I'm not jealous! It's not like it's a bad thing to talk to other people, that's not what I tried to say when I talked to you a while ago... For God's sake! Everyone talks to their friends! It's the most normal thing to do!" He exclaimed. "I'm not jealous, I just can't exactly explain how I feel when I see Se Hun laughing at something that somebody else sent him... Am I going crazy, Baek Hyun?"

"Yes," he answered, laughing softly. "It would be better if you let Channie and I help you."

Lu Han was going to say something else, but he was interrupted by the sound of his cell phone. A new message from his roommate had come in.

Se Hun:
Lu! Hi, do you want us to go out and do something fun today? I don't have any homework.

"He wants to spend time with me!" He exclaimed joyfully. "I'm so excited!" He began to type his answer quickly.

Lu:
Of course! I'll see you at the main entrance in ten minutes.

After sending the message, a smile that kind of made him look like a fool in love was drawn on his lips.

"You're unbelievable... At least tell me if you'll let both of us help you or not." He sighed.

"I don't know... Can you promise me that Chan Yeol won't tell Se Hun anything?"

"He won't say anything to anyone," he said, trying to reassure the blond.

"All right..." He finally managed to convince him. "If it will be like that, then Chan Yeol can know, too. But only him!"

"You won't regret this, Lu Han."

Baek Hyun spent the next few days keeping an eye on his friend's behavior, watching him especially when he was close to Se Hun because he didn't want to miss a single detail that could help later. At least he wasn't alone since Chan Yeol had also joined the mission for the pleasure of helping and wanting to spend more time with his roommate, although he preferred to keep that last part a secret. The taller talked to Se Hun in classes and during lunchtime, he simply took as much information as he could and wrote everything to Baek Hyun at the end of the day. They felt like a great team of private investigators or something similar.

One week later, both were ready to come to a conclusion. It was unbelievable, but sometimes it seemed that Se Hun and Lu Han flirted with each other without even noticing, both Baek Hyun and Chan Yeol had noticed. It was fun to see the interactions between those two guys.

"They'll end up dating, Channie," Baek Hyun said in one of his many secret meetings in the library. "It's just a matter of time."

"But Lu Han isn't sure about his feelings yet," he reminded him. "He just says he thinks he likes Se Hun. And Se Hun hasn't said anything else besides that Lu Han seems to be a pretty nice guy."

"You'll see how they fall for each other, trust me... Their attitude this week doesn't lie." He laughed.

"You're right. I think Se Hun likes Lu Han a lot, but he just doesn't know it yet."

Meanwhile, Kyung Soo was in his bedroom, trying to finish his homework without getting distracted. However, some things he had to do seemed so boring to him that he couldn't help but get lost in his own thoughts and waste his time, even if he had little time before he had to go to his classes.

The sound of two people laughing was suddenly heard down the hall, making him return to the horrible reality where his mountain of schoolwork was going to kill him. Kyung Soo had no problem with quickly recognizing the laugh that belonged to his roommate Jong In, but he had no idea who was the other boy who accompanied him.

The door opened moments later and he saw Jong In entering the room with another student who was pale-skinned, about 1.75 meters tall, with straight black hair and very pretty brown eyes.

"Ah, Kyung Soo, I didn't know you were here. I thought you'd be in classes or something." He smiled, greeting him very much in his own way before turning to see the other boy. "I brought someone. I hope it doesn't bother you."

"No... Not at all," the shorter one answered.

"Great," he let out a sigh. "Let me introduce you to Lee Tae Min, my cute boyfriend," Jong In added calmly before approaching the mentioned boy and leaving a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Kai..." A soft laugh escaped from the lips of the taller black-haired boy after receiving that kiss, he even looked a little bit embarrassed by what his boyfriend had done.

"Your boyfriend?" He asked as if he wanted to make sure he had correctly heard the other, even though his brain had screamed at him about ten times that he should just say "Nice to meet you" or anything else so that the situation wasn't uncomfortable.

"Yes," said Jong In. "Oh, wait... It doesn't bother you, does it?" He raised an eyebrow. "Are you homophobic?"

"No!" He made that clarification as fast as he could.

He wanted to say "Of course it doesn't bother me, I'm not homophobic or anything, I was just a little bit surprised", but his tongue was betraying him at that time, so he couldn't add anything else.

"I'm glad to hear that." Jong In's smile returned. "It will save us problems."

"Nice to meet you," Tae Min said. "Your name is Kyung Soo, right?"

"Yes." That was the only thing his voice allowed him to reply.

"Maybe we'll see each other around here pretty often," the other black-haired continued, "so I hope we get along."

"Ah... Of course."

"Anyways," Jong In interrupted, "I only came for a few things... I have to practice with my dance group today and Tae Min will go to see me." He was very happy about that.

He grabbed a black backpack that he always had next to his bed and hung it over his shoulder. He kept talking, but Kyung Soo was no longer able to hear him. The thoughts of the shortest one were only in Tae Min and how his roommate had introduced him, they didn't leave.

Why did it all feel so strange? He couldn't understand it completely.

A couple of minutes later, Jong In and Tae Min said good-bye to Kyung Soo and left the room, leaving him alone with a huge knot in his mind.

Kyung Soo left his homework as it was on his desk, laid down on his bed and closed his eyes tightly. He did his best to get every word he had heard out of his head because, even if he couldn't admit it out loud, it had hurt him to know that his roommate already had someone special by his side.

He fell asleep and ended up skipping classes without really wanting to, although he wouldn't think of it as a bad thing if he didn't feel well enough to attend.

Lu Han, Baek Hyun and Min Seok were worried when they didn't see his friend in the classroom and when he didn't reply to any messages.

"Is he OK?" Asked the brown-haired boy.

"Maybe he ate something he shouldn't have and now he's sick." Min Seok tried to guess.

"I hope not."

"We should visit him," the blond suggested, and the other boys nodded, starting to make a plan by the end of their classes.

To be continued.