Chapter 11

The most unbearable roommate

Kyung Soo didn't feel like seeing anyone after finding out that his roommate had a boyfriend, but his friends were somewhat insistent when they knew something was wrong, especially Baek Hyun. Skipping classes without telling them had been a terrible decision.

"Open the door," asked the brown-haired boy for the tenth time. "You may feel better after telling us what's going on. We are your friends and we are here to help you, Kyung Soo, don't lock yourself up."

The black-haired boy gave up and got up from his bed. Lu Han, Min Seok and Baek Hyun hadn't believed a single one of his excuses, and they didn't think about leaving, so he had no choice but to let them go into his bedroom. Maybe Baek Hyun was right and it would do him good to let what he felt out of his chest, he wouldn't lose anything by trying.

Once everyone had a place inside that room, the black-haired took a deep breath before telling them everything that had happened and how he felt about it. He didn't look sad, he looked resigned, so there were no tears to dry.

"Oh, Kyung Soo, you really like your roommate!" Said Min Seok.

"I guess I do." He shrugged and let out a sigh. It was the first time he had accepted that so easily. "It doesn't matter. Tae Min seems to be a good guy, and it's clear that Jong In loves him very much. If he's happy, everything's fine."

"Are you really going to give up so soon?" Baek Hyun asked without being able to believe what he was hearing.

"It's not like I'm giving up," he tried to explain. "Jong In is in a relationship and he's happy, I'm fine with that. Even if I like Jong In, I can't do anything to stop him from dating Tae Min... It hurts a little, yes, and I won't deny that I can think of a million ideas to make them break up, but I wouldn't dare to try a single one of them. It would be too cruel of me."

"So... What will you do?" Asked Lu Han.

"Nothing." That was Kyung Soo's simple answer. "I already told you I can be fine as long as Jong In is happy," he paused briefly. "Nobody knows what will happen in the future, nobody can guarantee that Jong In and Tae Min will be together forever, so... Who knows? If I ever get a chance to be with him, then I could try something. I won't do anything while he is in a relationship that makes him smile as I saw him do a while ago."

"Wow... You're an amazing guy, Kyung Soo," said Baek Hyun honestly. "I hope you don't think I'm the worst, but if Channie and somebody else were together, I would feel so bad I wouldn't be able to help but want to do something that makes them break up. That's because I really like Channie," he blushed slightly as he said those words. "Of course I'd love to see him smile every day, even so... I would like to be the one who makes him smile," he admitted. "You deserve to have a chance with Jong In, pal, there's no doubt about it. I hope you can get it someday."

"Thank you, Baek Hyun." He turned to see Min Seok and Lu Han, too. "Thank you, everyone. I mean it. I feel much better after talking to you. I'm sorry I made you worry when I didn't go to classes."

"At least we know the reason now," Lu Han replied sympathetically, placing a hand on Kyung Soo's shoulder.

They stayed there, talking a little while longer, until everyone had to go back to their rooms. They said good-bye to Kyung Soo and left, each of them taking a different way, but not before promising to see each other the next day.

Lu Han entered his bedroom several minutes later and greeted Se Hun as he took his backpack off his shoulder to leave it on his chair. The day had seemed long after talking with Kyung Soo.

"How was your day, deer?" Asked the brown-haired with a friendly smile on his lips. "I hope that something way more than amazing happened, because you arrived later than usual and you haven't even read the messages I sent you." He added, acting as if Lu Han had offended him.

The blond let out a soft laugh at his roommate's words and sat on his own bed before giving an answer.

"Sorry, Se Hun. I talked with some friends after classes, and I didn't pay attention to my cell phone at all."

"No worries, I was just kidding." He turned to see him. "If something serious had happened, then I would have called you."

"I know, but still..." He sighed. "I don't like to leave messages without a proper reply."

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," he said. "A friend of mine needed to let some things out."

"I see. Super Lu Han to the rescue." He chuckled.

"I can't be that super if now I'm so tired," he let his back drop on the bed. "I don't even want to change my clothes, I feel like I'll fall asleep in less than a minute."

"You can fall asleep in my bed again, if you want to." He smiled.

"Se Hun!" He had to resist the urge to throw a pillow at the other's face.

Lu Han's cheeks turned red in just a moment. The blond could never forget what had happened when he woke up practically hugging the body of his roommate after what had started with watching a movie, he wasn't able to recall a more embarrassing situation. Even though Se Hun hadn't said much about it, he still teased Lu Han with that from time to time because it seemed that the shorter gave it more importance.

The brown-haired put on more comfortable clothes to sleep and lay down on his bed. He turned off the lamp he used to read every night and moved under the sheets until he felt warm. He thought that his roommate was already asleep, but realized it wasn't like that when he heard him speak.

"Se Hun... I want to ask you something," he said in a soft voice, but making sure that the other could hear him.

"Yes?"

Lu Han moved a little on his bed.

"Do you like someone?"

"Huh?" He wasn't expecting a question like that one.

"I mean... Is there... a person you'd like to go out with? Someone whose hand you'd like to hold, someone you'd like to have lots of dates with, things like that."

Se Hun remained silent for about two minutes, just thinking, until he finally answered.

"Yes, there is."

He was thankful the room was dark, because that way Lu Han wasn't going to be able to notice that his cheeks had turned red after answering that question.

"I see..." Even though he wanted to know who that person was, he didn't say anything else.

"Why do you ask?"

"Curiosity, I guess." He was somewhat serious all of a sudden, which wasn't common coming from him.

"Silly."

"Not as silly as you." He said in return.

"Alright. Let's just sleep, OK? I'm very tired," he let a yawn out. "Good night, deer."

"Good night, Se Hun."

To be continued.