Chapter 8

The most unbearable roommate

One would have to be blind to not realize that Lu Han and his "unbearable" roommate were spending a lot of time together lately. The curiosity of Baek Hyun, Kyung Soo and Min Seok was only increasing with each lunchtime Lu Han spent outside the cafeteria, without them.

"That boy won't escape today!" Baek Hyun assured. "We will get the whole truth out of him. If I have to get aggressive, then so be it!"

"Sometimes you're a little bit scary, Baek Hyun," Min Seok said with a soft laugh.

"Lu Han isn't the only one who has been acting somewhat… mysterious," Kyung Soo added, turning his head towards the brown-haired boy.

"What do you mean?"

"Kyung Soo is right," Min Seok continued. "Somebody has been leaving earlier because he wants to talk with "Channie" these days," the boy who had his hair dyed in orange tried to imitate the happy voice of Baek Hyun at the time he said the nickname "Channie".

"What?! Nonsense! I don't leave earlier," he replied instantly.

"Of course you do," said the black-haired boy.

They began to discuss that matter without realizing that their friend Lu Han was approaching the table. When he greeted them, he received a very original response: Baek Hyun's hand holding his wrist tightly before practically forcing him to sit down next to him.

"Help me, Lu Han!"

"What's going on?" Since the blond had just arrived, it was obvious that he hadn't heard anything.

"Nothing. We were only teasing Baek Hyun a little bit," Min Seok replied, shrugging.

"A little bit, he says," murmured the brown-haired guy.

"But now we'll proceed to tease you," Kyung Soo commented so calmly.

"Excuse me?" That had definitely confused him.

"That's right!" Baek Hyun pointed at Lu Han's chest with his index finger. "You! You've been hiding something from us, haven't you?"

"Of course I haven't. That's silly," he couldn't help but laughing at his friend's question. "What could I possibly be hiding from you, anyways?"

"Well, for your roommate being an unbearable person, you spend a lot of time with him. Don't you think?" He asked as directly as he could. "There's something going on, we're sure about that. We want to know what it is."

Lu Han let out a sigh. Finding out that Yun was Se Hun had definitely changed his world somehow, and it wasn't surprising at all that his friends were now very curious about it.

"Let's just say that now we're getting along better than before." He decided to give a simple explanation. "We talked a little and… Well, we realized that we could be good friends. That's all. Sorry if I've made you feel abandoned or something like that."

"Just like that?" Baek Hyun frowned. "That's suspicious."

"I'd like him to hang out with us sometime." He turned to see everyone. "If you don't mind, of course. It's just that… I think learning how to interact with others would do him some good."

"No problem," Min Seok smiled.

"As long as he doesn't bring Jong In along, I'm fine," Kyung Soo answered. He apparently still had some problems whenever his roommate was nearby. He felt he couldn't even talk to him, which started to frustrate him a little, even if he said he didn't really care.

"Thank you, guys," Lu Han said. "Se Hun isn't good at talking to others face to face, so I'm sure meeting you will do him good."

"Oh, right. Channie had told me something similar," Baek Hyun commented.

"Channie?"

"Chan Yeol, my roommate." A weak smile appeared on his lips just by mentioning him.

"Wow. Your eyes gleamed," he said with the only intention of teasing him, but he couldn't, for the brown-haired boy didn't even try to deny that.

The blond had changed the name "W-Yun" on his phone to "Se Hun". Likewise, the taller now had his number saved as "Lu". They kept talking through WhatsApp messages, but they also had face-to-face conversations when they returned to their dorm at the end of the school day and found each other there.

Lu Han's thoughts weren't in order. There were nights in which he couldn't sleep for more than ten minutes in a row and, when it was like that, he would read some of the old conversations he had had with Yun in the past. That guy had really done a lot of things for him.

That same wonderful person was sleeping in the bed on the other side of the room and, for some reason, Lu Han's heart began to beat like crazy just by looking at him.

After several nights thinking, he decided to look for some help. If he wanted to understand his own feelings for Se Hun, it was necessary to talk to someone. At any other time, Yun would have been his first choice, but it couldn't be like that anymore. At least not with that topic!

"You're falling asleep in class again." Baek Hyun's voice brought him back to reality.

"Huh?"

"Seriously." He pointed to Lu Han's open notebook. The blond boy had written nothing besides the date on a corner.

"It can't be!" He exclaimed when he noticed that the teacher of the last class had already left the classroom, and he hadn't heard a single word of that day's lesson.

"You're lucky. I wrote down notes today, so I can lend them to you later."

"Thank you, Baek Hyun."

"Is everything all right, Lu Han?" He asked. "No, wait. That was a stupid question. There's something going on, obviously." He sighed. "Do you want to talk?"

Baek Hyun was good at listening, and Lu Han really wanted to talk about all the things that were going through his mind. That's why he didn't see a reason to refuse the help his friend offered him.

"Let's go to the backyard." That was the only thing he answered, quickly putting his things away in his bag and getting up.

The brown-haired boy imitated him and walked with him until they reached the backyard. They weren't exactly hidden, but they were far from most of the other students. Under the comfortable shadow of a big tree, Lu Han did his best to explain what was happening to him while Baek Hyun listened carefully.

"If I'm telling you about this is because I trust you," Lu Han sighed. "Don't tell anything to anyone, please."

"Not a single word, Lu Han. I promise." He gave an honest smile.

"I think that… maybe… Listen well, I said maybe," he clarified. "Maybe I like Se Hun." He admitted at last, with his cheeks slightly flushed.

Baek Hyun's lips moved as if they wanted to say "Oh, my God", even though his voice didn't come out at all. He let out a kind of happy screech immediately afterwards and gave his friend a hug. Lu Han didn't understand why those words had made the brown-haired guy so excited, but he hugged him back, anyways.

"That's adorable, Lu Han!"

"I'm not adorable." He broke the hug and looked away.

"Do you want me to help you find out something specific about him?" He offered. "Channie and Se Hun get along, so I can find out whatever you want."

"Wait a moment. I have a question for you." He raised an eyebrow. "Are you dating your roommate?"

"What? No… Well, something like that…" He giggled nervously. "All right. I think I am. He still hasn't asked me officially, but I think it's only a matter of time before he does. And I'll say yes, obviously."

"Oh, Baek Hyun. That explains a lot of things," he smiled, feeling happy for his friend.

"Don't change the subject! Se Hun, my friend. Se Hun!"

"Don't shout, please."

"Ah, sorry…" He put a hand over his mouth.

"How can you know if you really like someone who you previously thought was unbearable?" He asked.

"Leave it to me."

To be continued.