Chapter 5

The most unbearable roommate

Baek Hyun couldn't believe that he and Chan Yeol were going out together on that pleasant Saturday morning. Yes, together! Without the company of other friends! Of course it wasn't a romantic date or anything like that, but the brown-haired boy just couldn't stop thinking that it was something special because of the simple fact that they were alone.

He walked calmly towards the exit of the university, moving along with the tall redheaded student who was his roommate. And what were they talking about? Se Hun and his strange behavior.

"Se Hun is… dumb." Chan Yeol was careful to choose a word good enough to describe his friend, for he didn't want to give the bad impression that he was making fun of him. "He doesn't know how to get closer to others."

"What do you mean?" He questioned with curiosity.

"I don't know how to explain it…" He sighed. "For example, when we first met…"

"Tell me."

"His attitude seemed rude to me at the beginning, but later I could notice that he had only acted without thinking... I mean, he really isn't a bad person. I'm sure he realized he could have been nicer." A soft laugh escaped from his lips, which made the shorter smile. For some reason, he liked the sound of Chan Yeol's laughter. He even began to believe that he could never get tired of listening to it.

"Do you think he can be nice to Lu Han?" He turned around to see Chan Yeol.

"Of course! Se Hun wants to be nice to him. However, he doesn't know how to talk to him… Like I already said, he doesn't know how to get closer to other people. Talking isn't what he is the best at."

"He should practice that thing about thinking before acting," he said. "If words aren't his thing, then he should find another way to express himself. Otherwise, it will be difficult for him to make friends."

"I told him something very similar not too long ago!"

"Really?"

"Yes!"

Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun kept talking. Finally they left towards the center of the city, happy because of the free time they had. Almost without realizing it, they began to talk about other things and they put aside Se Hun's topic little by little. Baek Hyun wanted to know Chan Yeol better, as much as he wanted to get to know his roommate better.

That same day, at ten before three o'clock, Lu Han was only a couple of streets away from the shopping center. He had had a little fight with Se Hun that morning, but he hadn't let it ruin his good mood. He was going to meet Yun, after all!

His heart was beating fast as a mixture of emotion and nervousness took hold of him. At last he would see his best friend face to face. Yun was amazing. He was the person who had always been for him in both good times and bad times, had given him the best advices, had made him laugh when he needed it most, had made him feel safe and loved… Maybe… Maybe he liked Yun, but didn't have enough courage to admit it.

He took his phone out and his fingers played around the screen for a few seconds before finally making the decision of sending Yun a message.

Deer7:
I'm almost there!

W-Yun:
Cool.
I'm already here. I'm sitting in front of the fountain.

Reading those words didn't help him to calm down. Not at all. He didn't want to keep Yun waiting for him, that was the only thing that made him react and continue with his way towards the place where he would meet the other boy.

Deer7:
I won't take more than five minutes!

W-Yun:
Don't worry.

Deer7:
How will I recognize you?

W-Yun:
I'm wearing a green jacket and a black cap.

"This is really happening…" Said the blond boy in a low voice after putting his phone in the front pocket of his jeans.

After exactly five minutes, Lu Han caught a glimpse of the beautiful fountain with small statues. He got closer, realizing his whole body was trembling involuntarily while his eyes paid special attention to other people's clothes.

There was only one person with a green jacket and a black cap. He approached him, feeling a little bit embarrassed, without being able to see his face due to the fact he was sitting with his back to Lu Han. Even so, he was suddenly beginning to feel that the other guy's presence was familiar.

"Yun…?"

His body seemed to freeze when he saw Yun turning around to face him. He thought the whole world had to be playing a very bad joke on him… No, it couldn't be true…

"You… Are you…?" The young man's eyes reflected nothing but surprise, and also some confusion.

"Se Hun?" Lu Han called him, unable to accept that his best friend and his unbearable roommate were the same person.

To be continued.