Chapter 6

The most unbearable roommate

The surprised expression on the blond's face remained there for a good couple of minutes. It seemed that neither of the two boys was able to utter a word at that moment. Lu Han suddenly wanted to convince himself that he was asleep and everything he was seeing was just a dream. He didn't know what else to do!

The impossible Oh Se Hun and the adorable love-filled bread Yunnie were the same person. Those news weren't easy to process.

Se Hun stood up from his place and walked towards Lu Han, ending up really close to him. Then he took out his own cell phone and sent a message to the boy he was waiting for, whom he had saved among his contacts as "Deer7" because of the username he used in the forum in which they had met.

When Lu Han's cell phone made a sound to announce the arrival of a new message, the brown-haired guy let out a sigh. Hard to believe, but true. His friend was his roommate, the same who had tried to be nice to him from the start.

"This is weird. In any other dream of this kind, I would wake up at this moment." Lu Han finally broke the awkward silence with that comment and a somewhat nervous laugh.

"You're not asleep," Se Hun replied.

"So… Are you Yun?"

The taller one gave a nod. "Disappointed?"

"Shocked," Lu Han admitted. "How is it possible that a person as kind as Yun is actually an unbearable person like you?"

Se Hun wanted to defend himself, but he had nothing to help him. He couldn't deny that he had behaved like a rude idiot to his roommate during all that time, except for that one occasion when he gave him a coupon for a free breakfast in a popular cafeteria. Yes, he had done that to stop feeling so guilty, but it had still been nice from him. The shorter one probably thought the same thing.

"Listen, Lu Han… We were supposed to meet here today and spend some time together away from our screens, but if you don't feel comfortable with this, you can tell me. If you prefer to go back to the dorms right now and keep ignoring me or just talking to me through WhatsApp messages as if this had never happened, I would understand."

"What?" He raised an eyebrow. "No! Don't say that! I always wanted to meet Yun in person. It's finally happening, and… Well, it's not what I expected, but that doesn't mean this should end badly for us." He explained with a slight but honest smile.

"I know you don't like me…" Se Hun scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Even I can admit that I'm different when I write, Lu Han. Maybe I've been a good internet friend, but I've been a terrible roommate." He sighed.

Without taking his eyes off the brown-haired boy, Lu Han put a hand inside the pocket of his sweatshirt and took out a folded piece of paper from there.

"Take a look at this…" He asked.

Confused, Se Hun grabbed the piece of paper and recognized his own calligraphy in it after he unfolded it.

I'm sorry I didn't come back with your dinner last night, I hope you can accept this, so you can have breakfast.
— Oh Se Hun.

"Oh, this is the note I wrote to you when I gave you a coupon for The Silver House."

"Yes!" He smiled. "I like the Se Hun from the note," he said honestly. "Plus…"

"Plus?" He invited him to continue, now keeping the note inside his own pocket.

"When we talked about the idea of going to The Silver House for a milkshake or when I asked you to turn off your lamp earlier last night and you really did…" He reminded him. "I know those are pretty simple things, but they made me think that maybe it is possible for us to get along."

"Really?" He asked. "Don't you hate me for spending the money for your dinner on pizza?"

"Just a little bit," he joked. "I mean, you gave it back in the end, so there's no problem."

"I'm sorry about that. I should have…"

"Seriously, don't worry."

"Lu Han…"

"If you really are Yun, then I'm sure that there's no way you're a bad person." He placed a hand over the other's shoulder. "I think it's not too late to get along, we can give it a try! Now I just need to know what you think."

Lu Han's smile gave him an incredible calm feeling. Although he had never been good at expressing himself with words, he felt like he couldn't ignore the blond's invitation to try.

"I…" He looked away for a moment. "Thank you, Lu Han. And sorry again, for acting like a fool before."

As it was practically impossible for the shorter guy to get angry with his friend Yun, he had no problem accepting Se Hun's apology.

"Don't worry," he said. "There must be a reason why you were like that."

"Well… Meeting new people face to face scares me a bit, I've never been good to spend time with others, I'm that kind of boring and quiet person who doesn't participate in conversations unless someone else asks me to do it… For me, it's easier to make friends on the internet."

"I see," he paused briefly. "I will have to help you little by little."

He stood next to him and took his cell phone out, ignoring the three dots Se Hun had sent him before to make sure he was "Deer7". He opened the camera application and smiled.

"What are you doing?" Asked the brown-haired guy.

"You're going to laugh at this, but I always wanted to have a selfie with my friend Yun."

It happened just as he said. Se Hun couldn't help laughing a little bit when he heard that, which Lu Han took advantage of, getting the perfect picture with both looking happy.

"You really are something, deer." He called him that way on purpose, he was just teasing him.

"I know, I know. Let's go inside and see the stores, Yunnie," he replied in the same way, putting his phone away and practically dragging the taller guy into the mall.

Despite being shocked minutes earlier, Lu Han was in a good mood again. On that day, he would know Yun better, and at the same time, he would be getting to know the real Oh Se Hun, one that he hoped would be nicer.

To be continued.