Chapter 3

The most unbearable roommate

Lu Han sighed and got up to go to his desk. He didn't have many tasks to finish, so he thought it was better to get through with them at once. It could be true that he didn't have much energy in those moments, but thinking that his homework would help him to ignore the presence of Se Hun was enough to concentrate.

After a long time, Se Hun's voice interrupted him. The blond boy didn't get mad about it. Actually, he was surprised, because he didn't expect the taller one to speak to him.

"Sorry… What did you say?" His surprise was so big that he couldn't even clearly listen to whatever his roommate had said.

"I said I'm hungry and I'll go out to get something for dinner," he repeated with some annoyance in his voice, already standing near the door. "I asked you if you wanted anything…"

Lu Han blinked a couple of times, processing what his ears had just heard, and he ended up with a weak smile on his lips. He couldn't believe Se Hun was offering him something… Maybe he finally recognized that he had been rude, and he was trying to apologize?

It could be possible, right?

"That's very kind of you, Se Hun," he took the risk and made that comment, even if a part of him still feared it was all a joke or a very strange dream. "Where are you going to?"

"I thought about going to the convenience store that's just around here."

"I see. Well, in that case, I would like something simple… A ham and cheese sandwich would be fine," he finally decided, reaching into his jeans' pocket for his wallet. Once he had it in his hands, he was able to open it and take out some money, which he then offered to his roommate. "Here, take this."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course!"

He was going to let Se Hun do him the favor of bringing dinner to the room, but he wasn't comfortable with the idea of letting him pay for it. He wanted to believe that the offer to go and buy the food was already more than enough to start from scratch, try to get along. There was a chance that Se Hun actually wasn’t so bad… Right?

Se Hun didn't add anything else, he just took the money and left the room, ignoring the fact that Lu Han was saying good-bye to him with a wave of his hand.

Meanwhile, Baek Hyun finished his classes and then walked directly towards the library. It was already dark outside, which he didn't like very much, and so he thought he was somewhat lucky to have only one day of the week in which his classes ended after eight o’clock. He wanted to look for a quiet place where he could do his homework, plus, he knew he would get distracted easily if he went to his room. It was kind of late but, fortunately, he wasn't tired at all.

"Chan Yeol?"

He didn't expect to find his roommate studying at the library but there he was. It was impossible to mistake such a tall person with his hair dyed in a very intense red color for someone else. The tallest guy took his eyes off the book he was reading and looked at Baek Hyun.

"Hello, Baek Hyun," he said with a smile.

"Hi."

"Would you like to sit down?" He pointed at the empty chair that was on the other side of the table, right in front of him.

The brown-haired boy nodded and thanked in a low voice before sitting down in front of his roommate. Even though they both had things to concentrate in, it didn't take long before they started talking to each other. Of course, Baek Hyun wasn't going to waste the chance of getting closer to that boy whom he found so interesting.

After talking for thirty minutes, they found themselves making a great effort so that their laughter wouldn't be so loud, fearing somebody would end up taking them out of the library. Chan Yeol was way friendlier than what Baek Hyun had initially thought.

"Your friends are really something."

"Yes, they are. You should hang out with us sometime."

"And leave my friends alone?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, no, no," the tallest answered immediately. "You can invite them to spend lunchtime with us, too."

"Great!"

"I have to tell you something. Se Hun is the strangest of all," Chan Yeol said. "I practically have to drag him into a conversation. If I don't do that, then he doesn't speak."

"That doesn't mean he is strange, he is just quiet," replied Baek Hyun. "Wait a second... Did you just say "Se Hun"?"

"Yes. Do you know him?"

"Se Hun is the name of Lu Han's roommate! He's a jerk."

"A jerk? I don't think we're talking about the same Se Hun."

Baek Hyun then decided to tell Chan Yeol the whole story. He barely knew him, and yet, something inside him was telling him that he could trust the other boy without a doubt.

Tick, tock. Hours passed by so fast. It was around one in the morning when Lu Han finally began to understand that his roommate wasn't going to come back with their dinner.

"Damn you, Oh Se Hun." He let out a sigh.

The blond boy looked for his phone and looked at the time. He needed a friend, somebody to talk to about how he felt. Even though the idea of calling Baek Hyun, Kyung Soo or Min Seok crossed his mind, Lu Han somehow ended up opening WhatsApp and writing a message to Yun. He knew it was late, but he really hoped to find him awake.

It wasn't like he didn't trust the other boys but, Yun had always been there for him. Nobody could change that fact.

Deer7:
Yunnie…
Are you there?

W-Yun:
Hello, deer.
Sorry, I disappeared for a while.
I'm having dinner right now.

Yun sent Lu Han a picture of a plate with a slice of pizza that looked delicious. Extra cheese, pepperoni, black olives… The blond boy put a hand over his stomach and sighed. He wanted to bite that slice of pizza.

Deer7:
Isn't it a little late for dinner?
That looks pretty good, by the way.

W-Yun:
Yes, it's a little late. It's just that I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat!
It looks good and it tastes good. Hahaha.
Did you already have dinner?

Deer7:
Yeah. I just had dinner.

Lu Han didn't want to lie but it looked like his friend Yun was having a great moment, and he suddenly felt he would only ruin it if he talked about what was going on between him and his roommate.

W-Yun:
I knew you would answer that.
You said it was too late for dinner, so it was most likely that you had already had it. When I realized, I had already sent the question.

Deer7:
Hahaha. You're silly.

W-Yun:
If you had told me that you hadn't, then I would have invited you to have dinner with me.
I don't really know how far you are, though.

Deer7:
That would be nice.
We live in the same city, and yet, we haven't met each other face to face!
Think about it for a second… It's unfair!

W-Yun:
That's true!
We should see each other somewhere, someday.

Lu Han stayed still in his place, thinking about how to reply to that message. It was the first time that one of the two suggested something like that, after all.

Deer7:
I would love that.
Will you have any free time this weekend?

It was happening. It was really happening! They were making a plan to meet face to face.

W-Yun:
Yes, on Saturday I can go wherever you want as long as it is after 3:00 PM.

Lu Han's heart began to beat fast. The idea of finally meeting his friend Yun was exciting. That boy had helped Lu Han many times and had managed to cheer him up in many ways.

Deer7:
Perfect!
There is a huge shopping center with a beautiful fountain in the front.
The fountain has small swans statues. Have you seen it?

W-Yun:
Yes, of course.

Deer7:
I'll be there. Saturday at 3:30 PM.

W-Yun:
We will be there.

Lu Han smiled as he read that message. He didn't even care if Se Hun would return to the room with his dinner or not anymore.

To be continued.