Chapter 9

The most unbearable roommate

The days kept passing by normally; some of them even seemed to repeat themselves, which was something between boring and a little frightening. All the students got used to their class schedule quickly and, when they least expected it, the first exam period began.

Conversations that were heard in the corridors had gone from "We should go to this place to have fun" and "Have you seen what that person is wearing today?" to "Help me understand this topic for the exam" and "Please lend me your notes." Likewise, the library was more crowded than it was in previous days. Many students gathered there to study, although that didn't guarantee better scores.

Lu Han liked to spend time with his friend, but he preferred to study on his own, because he said that he could concentrate more easily. Although the others didn't seem very happy with his final decision, they said goodbye with a soft laugh and even joked around saying they felt "abandoned" by him.

"You're overreacting," he said, accompanied by a laugh.

Everything was going fine. He wasn't so restless anymore because he had talked with Baek Hyun about his secret, and he really had to admit that he did a great job keeping it as such. He didn't want anyone else to know about his feelings until he could be one hundred percent sure that they were what he thought.

Lu Han went up to the roof and, after a long outdoor study session, he finally returned to his bedroom. It was ten o'clock at night when the blond opened the door and greeted his roommate, who was lying in his own bed and looked calm as he held his cell phone in his hands. The sound of Se Hun's laughter reached the ears of the shorter one from time to time, thus awaking his curiosity.

"What are you doing?" He decided to ask, leaving his backpack on the floor.

"I'm talking to some friends," Se Hun replied.

"From your classes?"

"No," he smiled. "These are friends whom I also met online." He made a brief pause. "Like you."

Lu Han tried to give a weak smile when he heard those words, but he couldn't. A very strange feeling had seized him in a matter of seconds, but he wasn't able to recognize what it was exactly. Did he feel jealous?

No, it couldn't be. What a silly thing to think! Se Hun could have as many internet friends as he wanted and share jokes with all the people he wanted.

"I'm just being stupid..." He whispered.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing!"

"I wasn't born yesterday, deer." He put his cell phone aside and turned to see his roommate.

"All right, all right. You got me." He let out a sigh, knowing Se Hun wouldn't leave him alone until he gave him an acceptable answer. "I said I felt like watching a movie."

"Was that all? Why would you hide something as simple as that?" The brown-haired boy asked, still unable to understand the reason behind Lu Han's weird behavior.

"Because the movie I want to watch is... an animated movie." He felt like he was being forced to tell the first lie that came to his mind. "I like those movies! Don't laugh..." At least that part was true.

"Why would I make fun of you for something like that? Besides, you had already told me."

"Oh, really? When?"

"Some time ago. Through a WhatsApp message, silly," he helped him to remember. "I told you that it didn't seem childish to me, that there is nothing shameful in watching that kind of movies, I even told you that I also like some of them."

"Ah... It's true!"

"You've been studying hard for the exams, haven't you?" He asked suddenly. "I think you deserve a good rest, Lu. Let's use my laptop to watch the movie."

"Let's?" The use of the plural disconcerted him a little.

"Yes, we can go into Netflix and look for something." He got up from the bed only to walk to his desk and grab his laptop from there. "Unless you don't want me to watch the movie with you... If that's the case, I understand. I can go out for a while."

"Of course you can watch the movie with me, silly!"

"Great," he smiled. "Come here and tell me which one do you want to watch..."

Lu Han settled down to the side of the brown-haired guy and mentioned the first Disney movie he could think of. The taller one did the search and, after pressing the button to start playing the movie, he lay down on the bed.

"Uh..."

"What are you doing there?" He patted the spot next to him on the bed. "Look, we both fit here."

The shorter one didn't say anything, he just nodded and lay down as well, thus being right next to Se Hun's boy.

Paying attention to the movie was practically impossible due to how close to Se Hun he was, he could hear the beating of his heart perfectly. He found it a pleasant, unique sound, ideal for relaxing... Without even realizing it, he closed his eyes and fell asleep with his head leaning against the chest of his roommate.

"Se Hun..." He called between dreams.

"Yeah?" He turned to see him, ending up surprised when he noticed that the other guy was already asleep. He let out a soft laugh and moved his head from side to side a couple of times. "You're really something... Good night, Lu."

And even though the movie wasn't over yet, the brown-haired turned off his laptop and set it aside, settling down to sleep, too. What harm could it do to let Lu Han spend that night in the same bed as him, after all? They were internet friends, but now they were also friends in real life.

To be continued.