Chapter 3: The Familiar Being

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red. Her assaulter’s eyes were red, it shimmered prettily like rubies. Seulgi was certain she had seen such beautiful eyes before. When was it? The young vampire could not remember but it must not have been too long ago because Seulgi’s memory only dated back to only a few years ago when she had been created.

Seulgi was sure that she had the elder vampire pinned under her but the situation reversed again as the sweet-smelling vampire had somehow managed to slip out of her hold. Then, in a blink of an eye, Seulgi felt strong, powerful, lean limbs around her neck.  

Seulgi froze. Now that they were so close, and her aroma so strong, Seulgi’s mind began to whirl as bits and pieces of memories tried to find its way back. Seulgi inhaled the smell of the elder deeply and said. “You smell nice, like someone I knew.”

The elder vampire had Seulgi’s head held in a headlock and the young vampire knew what it meant. She was about to be killed… or not… Seulgi was confident that the elder vampire would not kill her, it was her gut instinct and she was right. 

 

Irene stopped in her tracks at the young vampire’s bizarre statement and relaxed her hold on the young vampire, but still strong enough to keep it in place lest it was a trick.

“I remember! You are her, aren’t you?!” The young vampire exclaimed excitedly sounding as if she did not care whether or not she was about to be killed.

“What?” Surprised, Irene paused midway her action and could not believe she was responding to the young vampire whom she was about to finish off. 

“You are her.” The young vampire repeated, sounding a bit upset that the older vampire seemed to be feigning ignorance.

Recovering from her shock, Irene then sighed at the pitiable attempt at the trick. The experienced vampire reckoned that this young vampire must be feigning familiarity with her instead, probably in hopes of slipping away. Irene guffawed, “such tricks would not work on me. May you rest in pieces.”

To Irene’s extreme surprise, the young vampire twisted in her hold and even managed to overpower her, pinning both Irene’s arms to her own body. However, the young vampire seemed to mean no harm but instead, insisted on the point she had made earlier.

“It is not a trick. You visited me when I was alone and hungry. You told me what I had become and how I should live but I’ve never seen you… because you were always so quick…”

Those words seemed to have struck a chord in Irene’s heart and the old vampire’s heart softened slightly for a fleeting moment. She did not know why but they sounded genuine and so sad but she knew she could not believe in them fully and once again, she gained the upperhand in the situation as she pitched her body forth, bringing the young vampire heavily to the ground. Twigs cracked beneath them and mud flew as both the vampires were now caked with dirt as the rain poured down ceaselessly.

The older vampire now had a hand covering and pressing down on the young vampire’s throat. “No, I am sure I have not seen you before.” Irene said decidedly and then looked at the young vampire with a troubled expression when she saw that odd, dreamy look on the young vampire’s face despite being held in a stranglehold.  

 

Now that they were even closer, Seulgi had seen how dazzlingly beautiful her assaulter was and she had entirely forgotten about her hunger. Her jaw had fallen open stupidly as she revelled in the beauty that was just inches away from her. Even with the rain matting her pitch-black hair to her scalp, her assaulter was beyond ravishing. Those red eyes, Seulgi absolutely loved them. Besides her looks which captured her mind, the thought that this vampire was the vampire that had been aiding her when she was in her most helpless state sent her swooning even more. Seulgi was sure she would be willing to go hungry for weeks as long as she could stare into the face of this being before her. The young vampire was infatuated.

“Who made you?” Her assaulter asked suddenly, snapping the young vampire out of her reverie.

Seulgi blinked confusedly and was about to say something before she started retching. The young vampire was on all fours, kneeling as she coughed out nothing. She was beyond famished and it was a terrible feeling.

 

 

Irene’s brows creased as she looked at the young vampire, unsure whether to feel pity or disgust.

“Go have your meal but don’t make too much mess out of them. They are heavily sedated so they might taste slightly weird but otherwise they should be able to satiate your thirst.” With that said, the leader backed away from the young vampire and observed in silence as it feasted hungrily.

**

Wendy felt restless, she has been feeling this way since the time they discovered that there was a young and vile vampire in their vicinity. What unsettled her most was that Irene had gone out to do subdue this vicious vampire all alone. When Irene had first announced of her plans to destroy the young vampire with her own hands, Wendy had wanted to object but knew she had no grounds to do so. Irene had handled many executions alone, each time she dealt it better than the last. Who was Wendy to assume that this would not be even better?

Wendy scoffed at her unnecessary worries. Trying to distract herself from worrying about the leader, Wendy had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter