Chapter 9: Lethal Silver and Gentle Embrace

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri backed away, traumatised by the bloody scene before her. The first-time mentor had not expected Seulgi to be so gravely affected by her silver weapons and could not believe that it was her that had caused such great damage to her mentee. Blood that was flowing out from Seulgi’s wounds also sent her the first-time mentor into a state of confusion

Joy was by their side within milliseconds, holding her breath to prevent herself from being distracted by the scene of blood, bent down to examine the state of their newest member. Seulgi was still in her vampiric form and it made it a difficult task. The young vampire, engulfed in pain, distrusted anyone from touching her mutilated body and Joy had to approach her with utmost care.

Animalistic growls escaped from Seulgi as she fought the crippling pain that was beginning to spread throughout her body. Seulgi had never felt such intense pain before in a long time, or had she? What ever it was, the young vampire could not remember and she absolutely detested being in this way, so vulnerable. The maddening agony came right after the deceiving numbing sensation caused by the very weapon in her mentor’s hands. Weapons… Seulgi was taught that their kind was the greatest weapon on this Earth, who knew that there would be a weapon who proved more lethal.  

The young vampire gasped as her chest began to feel more constricted and the searing pain in her stomach threatened to kill her. If a vampire’s death could be caused by pain, Seulgi was certain she would die right there and then.

“How badly did you injure her?” Joy asked, authority evident in her voice.

“Just… five stabs…?” Yeri said uncertainly.

Seulgi had seen Yeri producing the silver dagger and recognised it but she was overconfident about her tolerance towards the seemingly harmless weapon. She had taken the first two stabs to her limbs well, it merely felt as if her body had turned leaden and that she became more sluggish in her movements. It was only later that her body registered pain and it washed over her all at once. She last saw the blade coming for her abdomen and she twisted away. It turned out to be a mistake and it made a slash across her abdomen and she found herself burning with pain.

   

Joy shook her head as she saw the wounds on Seulgi’s body. There was a deep gash, yawning wide open across the young vampire’s abdomen and blood flowed out eagerly. It took all of Joy’s control to not be distracted by the copious amount of blood.

“This does not look like a stab,” Joy stated and Yeri automatically produced the silver dagger that had caused the damage for Joy to inspect.

Joy swallowed nervously. “Seulgi, hold on, we will get you back to the cavern. Irene and Wendy will fix you.”

Seulgi’s sight and hearing was beginning to fail her and she felt as though she had been completely sapped of her energy. The burning pain from her wounds soon turned into a dull ache as the young vampire’s consciousness slipped away. Irene… will… fix me…

**

When alone, Irene gave a more serious thought about her vice-leader’s observations about their coven being ‘old and dull’.

Behind Wendy’s cheekiness were all the valuable but subtle advices that only the vice-captain was capable of noticing. Wendy’s greatest strengths lies in her superior emotional senses and her brilliant mind, always able to sense things quickly and organise her thoughts in such a way that provides a solution to a problem. It was a set of gifts that was bestowed upon Wendy and she took to honing them over the years. Which was why it was difficult for Irene to ignore such valuable advice that came from someone with such refined capabilities.

Irene snapped back to reality from her own thoughts when she heard the passcode from Joy, surprised that the training session had ended uncommonly early. Usually, Joy would have taken her training and mentoring of Yeri till daybreak the next day but now was only two hours past midnight.

“Maroon! Irene, Wendy, we need some help.”

It bothered the leader that it sounded oddly urgent and it disturbed her even more that there was a strong sce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter