Chapter 11: The Beautiful Leader

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi felt weird. The vampire had never been unconscious for such a long time before and during the time while she was so, she had a vague sense of a presence by her side. A presence that had the ability to soothe her aching self. That scent, that familiar scent, a scent which afforded her the much-needed comfort that she needed. Seulgi zeroed her remaining senses in on the sweet scent as she struggled to focus on opening her eyes and ignoring the numerous pains that stung her body.

 

Irene saw Seulgi stirring and figured it was about time that she regained consciousness. Nearly half a day had passed after all. It was a few hours after noon, a period when the sun is up and high, a period where most vampires would be less active. The leader adjusted her position and was now lying comfortably on her back, next to the young vampire instead. She did not want to be caught staring eerily at the young vampire while she was asleep especially not after having those lustful thoughts. Shame, the leader felt so shameful about herself for thinking about such inappropriate things while the young one was injured. Yet, perhaps it was the result of isolating her heart for so long that resulted in such reactions.

The leader wondered if she should truly consider getting a lifetime partner for herself but then again, she wondered how would it affect the dynamics of the coven? Irene did not know, she had cut off her connections from the vampiric community for too long to be able to observe them in person but from books, she knew that vampires were monogamous lovers and once they opened up their heart to another, there would be no going back. Knowing herself, her love for an individual would perhaps be more intense than other vampires too, obsessive even. Irene questioned if she truly wanted to expose herself to that kind of love and the possibility of getting hurt. Perhaps not, not yet.   

 

Seulgi opened her eyes to an earth-coloured cavern ceiling and she immediately recalled that she already belonged to a coven. After which, her memories slowly stretched to where she had received tutorials from Wendy about their own kind and then the duel she had with Joy and Yeri. Yeri… Seulgi felt agitated for a split second as she recalled what happened and faded the next moment as she dimly recalled that guilt in Yeri’s voice before she fell unconscious. Then what happened after was a blur to her. Seulgi then finally turned her attention to the presence beside her, surprised and flustered to find out it was Irene, her beautiful leader.  

The leader was lying on her back easily, one hand tugged beneath the pillow and the other crossed casually over her own slim waist. Irene was still, gazing up at the ceiling.  

Irene… so beautiful. Seulgi thought dreamily as if this was all surreal. She was so close to the leader right now and had all the time to look into that beautiful face that was before her, examining and relishing in the fine details on her face. Irene’s eyes are large, and slightly canted in a way that was alluring. Seulgi also noticed the mole that was beside Irene’s right eyebrow. The leader was wearing a black tank top, very similar to what she has worn the first time they met. Her porcelain smooth shoulders bared which looked tempted Seulgi greatly. For a moment, the young one imagined herself sinking her fangs into those shoulders.  

The young vampire mentally rebuked herself for the slow response, she should have anticipated that it was the leader who had been by her side while she was unconscious. It made sense. Even that sweet smell which managed to reach her while she was in her unconscious state should have given her a clue.

Irene turned and was now lying by her side and accentuated the curves in her body. Seulgi had to force herself to look away from the enrapturing beauty that laid beside her.  

“How are you feeling?” Irene asked and Seulgi swooned as those words sounded so smooth as they came out those seductive lips of hers.

“Uhm. Bad.” Seulgi admitted unabashedly and saw Irene’s seductive lips crack into a small smile and instantaneously felt dizzy again.

Irene shrugged and then gave an apologetic smile. “Well… In all honesty, we expected you to get injured but not so seriously injured.”

Seulgi reflected back on the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter