Legend of the fallen tree

4 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to take you somewhere even more beautiful. But I'm afraid we still couldn't find ice cream there.” Kuanlin told Park Jihoon while leading him by the hand. They have just stepped foot on the bridge.

“Okay, okay!” Park Jihoon answered excitedly. Park Jihoon looked around and Kuanlin could see how much he appreciated the view. Kuanlin slowed their pace and observed silently, he too admired the unchanging landscape of his childhood. He was feeling all giddy deep inside, he tried to capture every second with this very special person.
Kuanlin treasured the warm sensation emanating from the hand he's holding. 

“If you don't mind me asking, how old are you exactly Park Jihoon?” Kuanlin asked as they neared the other side of the river.

“I'm two years older than you Lai Kuanlin.” Park Jihoon answered without hesitation. He sounded so sure. 

Kuanlin felt it again, it was as if Park Jihoon knew something he didn't. Kuanlin knew for certain that he never told Park Jihoon his age. But he didn't push it further. He thought it doesn't matter anyway. He's more than happy to be with Park Jihoon right now. Kuanlin let the issue drop. But Park Jihoon didn't. 

“Uhm, well, you know how everybody tells me I look younger so that's like my automatic response now.” Park Jihoon laughed nervously. “There's no way I’d know for sure but believe me, okay, I know I'm older than you...” He trailed on, avoiding Kuanlin’s eyes.

“Hey, it's alright, I don’t really care about these irrelevant details.” Kuanlin tugged at his hand and pulled Park Jihoon closer to look into his eyes. “You don't need to keep anything from me. And I don't plan to ask you anything you don't feel comfortable sharing.” Kuanlin waited for Park Jihoon to nod and return his gaze. “I don't need anything else. Really, I swear.” 

Park Jihoon smiled shyly and pulled Kuanlin closer in appreciation. 

“In Korea where I was born, we have this custom. We call older people ‘Hyung’.” Park Jihoon told Kuanlin, full of intent.

“Okay, okay. Park Jihoon hyung.” Kuanlin chuckled.

“No, silly. Drop the family name.” Park Jihoon commanded.

“Jihoon hyuuung~” Kuanlin whispered playfully against the addressee’s ear.

Kuanlin wasn't expecting the reaction he got from his hyung, but he also wasn't that surprised. He could now see how his simple words affected the shorter guy. This happened before too, Kuanlin thought, and he was very sad that he has given Park Jihoon another reason to cry. But Kuanlin knew that these things were beyond his control. As tears filled Park Jihoon’s eyes, Kuanlin knew there's nothing he could do, so he once again embraced his almost-wailing hyung. He tucked the shorter guy under his chin and wished away the pain that his hyung was silently carrying. 

“I know this must be hard for you Kuanlin~ah.” Park Jihoon managed to utter between sobs. Kuanlin felt something akin to nostalgia at the endearment applied to his name. “It's just... Your hyung is too happy right now. I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby..” Kuanlin chuckled a little at his hyung as he consoled him with gentle pats. Seriously, everything Park Jihoon does is nothing but adorable.

“I don't mind. I find your reactions really cute, to be honest.” Kuanlin told him.

But Park Jihoon pulled away and pouted at the younger.

“I'm not the one who's cute. You are.” Park Jihoon insisted with both hands resting on his own hips for impact.

Kuanlin couldn't help but fall deeper for the guy in front of him.

“Alright, whatever you say, hyung.” Kuanlin ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter