ILYSB

4 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lai Kuanlin ran like hell. He covered the distance of the whole basketball court in less than a minute. He kept his eyes glued to the person walking away. But the closer he looked, the more Kuanlin realized that the guy he was chasing did not resemble his hyung Park Jihoon at all.  This guy was walking faster towards the  direction of the canteen. He looked like someone from the football team judging by his jersey. Kuanlin successfully caught him by the arm.

“Excuse me? I'm the captain of the basketball team. I heard you gave one of my teammates a book?” Kuanlin pointed at Seonho in the distance while trying to recover his breathing.

“Yeah he dropped it. I just picked it up for him.” The guy answered flatly. This guy seemed to have no idea about Kuanlin's hyung after all.

“Right. Erm, I just meant to thank you.” Kuanlin tried to hide the disappointment from his face and quickly shook hands with the guy.

His heart sank as he lost all the chance of finding out more about his hyung. 

Then Kuanlin caught something in his peripheral vision. He noticed someone walking strangely away. The stranger had his back to Kuanlin but it was very obvious how he was panicking, like he was petrified of his surroundings. He was darting his eyes around, like he was on a constant look out for any sudden attack. The stranger was tall but not taller than Kuanlin himself. He was lean too and was dressed very weirdly.

Just like Park Jihoon.

The stranger was wearing a blue striped shirt with a pair of denim pants, cut above the knee, which were too tight for a guy. He was walking quickly to the direction of the abandoned building. Kuanlin was thinking that either the stranger was completely new to the school or he was a delinquent who used the building as a hide-out. Kuanlin went with the first idea.

Kuanlin shouted his hyung’s name as an experiment. At the sound of Park Jihoon’s name, the stranger whipped his head to turn and face Kuanlin with the ultimate surprised face: the whites of his eyes were visible and his mouth was forming a huge O. But instead of stopping to talk to Kuanlin, the stranger quickly turned and Kuanlin's stomach dropped as the stranger ran away. The stranger swiftly gained a huge gap from Kuanlin.
This gave Kuanlin more reason to pursue the stranger. This unidentified guy definitely knew Park Jihoon.

Kuanlin needed to know the answers. He needed to know if the stranger was the one who dropped the book so that Seonho will find it. Kuanlin needed to ask what the rules are and what that Produce 101 stuff is all about. So he gave chase.

He was now running close to the stranger and Kuanlin being an athlete, had enough strength to overtake and block the guy from the front.
He placed both hands on the stranger’s shoulders to keep him in place as they both struggled to catch their breaths.

“Please, I just need a minute.” Kuanlin managed to cough as he panted. But he didn't expect what happened next.

Kuanlin was flabbergasted by the stranger’s reaction. The guy who was caught by Kuanlin suddenly flung his arms around Kuanlin’s whole frame, pinning his elbows on his sides as the stranger took Kuanlin in a very tight hug.

“Kuanlin-ah. Our youngest Kuanlinaaah~” The guy was sobbing against Kuanlin’s shoulder.

“This is really starting to creep me out.” Kuanlin said more to himself because the stranger was obviously not listening. Kuanlin also belatedly realized that Park Jihoon used the exact same term as endearment before. Kuanlin allowed the guy to recover his composure before dragging him to sit by the bleachers. Their little chase took them to the football field outside the university. 

“Kuanlin-ah, I broke so many rules just to come and see you, I'm so sorry but I don't have much time left. Please take care of yourself. We all love you. Remember that, we all love you.” The guy said, planting a swift kiss on Kuanlin’s forehead as he removed his arm from Kuanlin’s grip. The stranger was still tearing up but he was now obviously dying to get away, his eyes still checking everywhere for anyone suspicious.

“Wait. Please. You just can't say that and expect me to not ask questions. I badly need answers. Please.” Kuanlin begged.

“I'm sorry but there are stuff I wouldn’t be able to reveal... please don't make me.. since it's against the rules.”

The stranger looked around as if checking for any suspicious eavesdropper befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter