So this is love

4 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were out of breath by the time they made it to the red bridge. Park Jihoon’s stomach was loudly protesting but his attention was taken by the magnificent view around them. Kuanlin observed him silently. 

The sunset has turned everything mellow. The sky was a painting of varying shades of orange with of blush and purple. The golden ball of fire has buried its half behind the horizon. The river around them was ablaze yet serene. The distant chorus of insects buzzed to welcome the night.

Lai Kuanlin looked over the handrail of the red bridge and saw his reflection on the water below. He watched Park Jihoon's image in the water stepping closer and placing a hand on top of his. Kuanlin lifted his gaze and looked at his hyung beside him. I love you.

With the remaining dazzling sunlight, he looked at Park Jihoon who was literally glowing: his light brown curls gently waving along with the breeze and his eyes, reflecting the scene around them, were almost golden. He was shining and he was very, very beautiful. Park Jihoon looked unreal. I love you.

Kuanlin felt a pang inside him. Once again, he was tempted to hold down that beauty, scared that the moment he lets go, Park Jihoon would vanish because there's no way that he could look at him forever. Because you will leave one day. But it wouldn't change how much I feel for you. I love you.

So Kuanlin moved closer to him. He stepped behind him and placed his free hand on the banister on Jihoon’s other side, trapping his small hyung between his arms. Together, they looked at the horizon. Kuanlin rested his chin on top of Jihoon’s head and whispered how he felt.

“I really, really like being with you Park Jihoon. Thank you for coming into my life.” I don't care that you're not staying. I love you.

A tear silently rolled down Jihoon’s cheek. It dropped on the red iron-wrought handrail and left a dark spot.

Park Jihoon waited to find his voice before answering, “You know how much I feel about you Kuanlin-ah. Every moment I spend with you means everything to me, like you wouldn't imagine. I hated that I’m always crying when I’m actually really, impossibly happy just to see you...”

Kuanlin spun his hyung around to face him by grabbing his shoulders and he rested his forehead against Jihoon’s. I love you.

“You're the best thing that's ever hap-” Kuanlin was saying but he didn't finish because Park Jihoon’s very soft lips had silenced him.

I love you, he kept thinking.


Hand in hand, they walked the short distance back to town.

Kuanlin as well felt the growl from Jihoon’s stomach as they approached the food stores. They saw a lot of people crowding in front of a new stall.

“What is it?” Kuanlin asked the cook in his native language.

“It's flatbread, made of dough and tofu. You can choose whatever you like for the toppings.” The cook smiled at Kuanlin. He relayed this information to Jihoon who nodded vigorously. He ordered four and the cook looked at him incredulously. It was the same reaction he got from the previous night’s noodle master. He wondered if he said something wrong. 

The cook pressed the bread in pairs so that the toppings were sandwiched between. Kuanlin handed Jihoon a pair.

“Mmm.” Jihoon was munching happily. “It tastes like pizza.” Kuanlin laughed. He only ever saw pizzas on television sets, he never actually tasted one.

“Is there pizza in Korea?” Kuanlin asked because there's none from around here.

“Of course, pizza’s crazy popular. The delivery service in Korea is really something!” Jihoon blabbered on.

Kuanlin liked it when Jihoon becomes talkative because it allowed him to see glimpses of his hyung’s life. He has come to understand that Park Jihoon is a very private person, his thoughts are heavily guarded although his emotions aren't. Kuanlin likes him like that. He likes everything about his hyung very much, to be honest.

“Do you want more?” Kuanlin offered his remaining bread. Park Jihoon looked at him as if he just offered him a bar of gold.

Kuanlin fed him because he refused to hold it. So Kuanlin cooed, “Look at my baby bunny~” 

But Park Jihoon bit his finger. His hyung then took the bread away and finished the rest of it in one mouthful.

“Hey, hyuuung~ I was just kidding.” Kuanlin shook his hand to recover the bitten finger from numbing.
Park Jihoon winked at him before twirling back to walk and look at the rest of the food stalls. Kuanlin jogged to follow. 

Before Kuanlin could reach his hyung, he bumped into one of his friends from university.

“Hey Kuanlinnie!” But Kuanlin didn't have time for chitchat because he was quickly losing his hyung in the sea of people.

“See you at school tomorrow.” He waved at his bewildered friend as he dashed to where he last saw Park Jihoon. Kuanlin looked around for half an hour with no Jihoon in sight. He was slowly losing his mind. 

Ku

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter