Epilogue: No longer alone

4 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kuanlin has been warping everyday into the absolute reality for a week now. He looked at the seven red and bruising dots in the inside of his elbow. It hurts, but he doesn't care. Especially now that Jihoon has regained back his strength. Jihoon was finally getting discharged today. The boys are planning a welcome home party for his hyung in their dorm. Kuanlin had never been to their dorm.

He told his father he has been training hard for the autumn league to explain his early morning departure and late night arrival home. He knew his father had to cover his shift in manning the store so he felt a little guilty. But it can't stop Kuanlin from leaving. 

He injected the silver fluid into his vein, this time a little further from the rest of the marks. Kuanlin clenched his fist and wished for the Freezing to be over quickly. 

 

It still took him an hour.

 

 

 

Kuanlin opened his eyes into the now familiar mirrored room of the lab where he left his warping key which is the black moleskin notebook the late Kuanlin from this era had left him.

Kuanlin let himself out of the room by turning the gears (as Minhyun patiently taught) and walked down the narrow hall and turned left into the room where Jihoon was detained.

Kuanlin was used to seeing his hyung strapped in the bed with tubes so it came as a huge surprise when he opened the door and a bunny sprung up on him.

Park Jihoon wrapped his arms and legs around Kuanlin. Kuanlin staggered a bit before hitting his back against the door, effectively swinging it close. Because his hyung lost so much weight, Kuanlin couldn't find any problem with this intimacy.

Jihoon had one palm flat against the door, his other hand clutching Kuanlin’s hair at the back of his head so that Kuanlin wouldn’t bang his skull against the wood when it clicked lock. Kuanlin supported his hyung’s weight by placing both hands beneath Jihoon’s thighs that’re still wrapped around his waist. Like this, their heights are even, faces level.

“What took my baby so long?” Jihoon asked, smiling at Kuanlin who was now flushing red at the sound of his nickname. Kuanlin accidentally revealed it when he was talking about his sister. Spending the week lying in the hospital bed talking (and kissing) made it easy for the both of them to get to know each other better and as well as making up for the lost time.

“Hyuuung~” Kuanlin squirmed in embarrassment. Only his sister calls him that by now. Their parents have long dropped the endearment when Kuanlin became a regular in his elementary basketball team.

“Don't worry baby. It’ll be our little secret.” Jihoon whispered, sliding his nose against Kuanlin’s.

“I had to talk to my dad about my frequent disappearances so I ran a little late.” Kuanlin told his hyung who was now busy forming little circles on Kuanlin’s cheek with the tip of his nose. It sent shivers down Kuanlin’s spine.

“Hmmm. And what did you tell him?” Jihoon asked, his breath tickling Kuanlin’s lips.

“That I was...” Kuanlin swallowed, he couldn’t form any words what with Jihoon’s extreme proximity, his beautiful face smirking as Kuanlin was probably red from overheating, “That I was...” Kuanlin tried, but his focus kept drifting towards Jihoon’s long eyelashes, “That I was...” towards Jihoon’s smirking plump lips, “I told him..” towards Jihoon’s twinkling-in-mischief eyes, “that..” but Jihoon’s lips were now hovering over Kuanlin’s. Kuanlin moved in to kiss him but Park Jihoon pulled away slightly, not giving in.

“Hyuuuung~” Kuanlin whined and felt his face burn even more.

Jihoon cupped Kuanlin’s face and said "God, I just love you when you blush like this." Jihoon threw his head back in laughter, his whole body vibrating against Kuanlin’s. The sudden movement made Kuanlin feel strangely eager. He released one grip from his hyung’s thigh and captured the back of Jihoon’s head instantly forcing the older to face Kuanlin.

Jihoon froze mid-laugh, his eyes wide in shock at the sudden aggressiveness of the younger. Kuanlin smirked and step-turned so that Jihoon’s back was now against the door, Kuanlin pinning him effectively with his body.

“You're a naughty bunny.” Kuanlin used his deep voice, staring his hyung down. Now it’s Park Jihoon’s turn to blush. Kuanlin smirked again at the effect. He removed the hand that was cushioning Jihoon’s head to forcibly tug down the sleeve of his hyung’s oversized shirt exposing his collarbones all the way down to his shoulder. Kuanlin couldn't see the bruise he left there. Maybe it was because they're in a different reality but he felt a bit disappointed. He looked up at Jihoon’s face to see his hyung leaning his head back against the door revealing the length of his throat, his hooded eyes looking hungrily down at Kuanlin.

Kuanlin looked at him in warning as he pressed his lips down to Jihoon’s adam’s apple moving lower and stopping at the hollow on the base of Jihoon’s throat.

Kuanlin left a trail of kisses to rest on one collarbone and let his lips linger there. 

“Can I bite you hyung?” Kuanlin murmured against Jihoon’s milky skin. His hyung shivered at Kuanlin’s voice and Kuanlin looked up to see his bunny squirming, biting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter