In my heart

4 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kuanlin was lying in bed that night, fully awake and high-strung. He was fiddling with his mobile phone. He flipped it open and stared at the contact he saved hours ago. 

Park Jihoon was an enigma, he thought. He was a different kind of mysterious. Usually mysterious people exude dark aura and are mostly unapproachable. But Park Jihoon was different. He was bright and smouldering. Kuanlin felt like a moth drawn to a flame. A beautiful, brightly-coloured flame. And he just couldn’t forget about that wink. He kept seeing that wink. How could someone ever pull that off? It's frustrating how cute it was. Kuanlin tugged at his hair and buried his face to his pillow. He screamed at his pillow and rolled around trying to drown the giggles that continually escapes his mouth. He punched the nearest cushion he could grab. It was a stuffed pillow designed like a basketball. He threw it against the wall in frustration. He was giddy. He never felt anything like it before. He was so high he wasn't thinking straight.
He started to wonder whether that beautiful boy was just a figment of his imagination, conjured by his lonely mind. 
He picked up his phone and hit “call”. He heard the other line ring. “F, Lai Kuanlin” he reprimanded himself. “What do you think you’re doing?” he was half hoping Park Jihoon was asleep and will not pick up but he was also wishing to hear his voice again. He hoped against hope. He was about to close his phone when he heard the excruciatingly familiar voice on the other end. “Hello?” 
Kuanlin swallowed. He was rapidly blinking when he heard the voice spoke “I have a fairly good guess who this could be..” Kuanlin could tell that the person on the other end of the line was smiling. Kuanlin waited (more like he failed to speak). 
“This is Park Jihoon,” the voice continued.

“Erm..” Lai Kuanlin finally managed to utter.

“Hello Lai Kuanlin,” said the sleepy voice. Park Jihoon was saying his name! Kuanlin clutched the pillow so hard his fingers started to turn numb.

“This is Lai Kuanlin, right?” Park Jihoon was saying. All Kuanlin could imagine was this pair of beautiful lips saying his name.

“If this is Lai Kuanlin, I want you to know I'm very happy you called. If this is some random stranger, I'm sorry you called the wrong number and I'm hanging up.”

Kuanlin almost fell from his bed.

“Wait, wait, Park Jihoon, this is me, Kuanlin. Erm, I'm sorry to call you so late. Erm. I was just erm, wondering what your plans are for tomorrow, if it's okay with you?” Kuanlin was so nervous he couldn't remember what he just said. He just hoped Park Jihoon would keep on talking so that he could remember how his voice actually sounded. Kuanlin wanted to replay Park Jihoon’s voice in his head all day long.
“Well, I have only been here for a week. I haven't really seen everything yet and I was hoping you could help me? So that I could learn more about this place.” Park Jihoon laughed a bit and it was the most beautiful sound Kuanlin ever heard. Then Kuanlin remembered it was a Saturday.
“Erm, I would really really love to show you around but tomorrow is a Saturday and my parents are going somewhere so I need to man the shop.” Kuanlin’s face fell and he hoped things were different. He hoped he could show Park Jihoon the scenic bridge by the river. Or the small forest and hike the trail by the water reservoir. But Park Jihoon was quick to revive Kuanlin’s hope.

“I see. Then I'll drop by the shop tomorrow.” With those words, Kuanlin felt nothing but excitement for tomo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter