You are saved

4 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwang Minhyun pulled Kuanlin down to the floor to sit with him as he began his recollection.

This is back in the absolute present.

  Minhyun came to the room where Park Jihoon was being detained. His younger brother had lost so much weight. He has been diagnosed with severe depression and was given the verdict ‘unfit to travel’ ever since his return from wherever he was a week ago.    Jihoon opened his eyes and looked at Minhyun. The younger attempted to smile but his body may be hurting everywhere just from any minimal movement. Minhyun could see that Jihoon wanted to talk but he just didn't have the strength.    Jisung entered the room then. He placed an arm around Minhyun to calm him down as he fussed around the bed of the younger. Minhyun was looking for the button to notify the lab personnel but Jisung stopped him.   “Shh. Jihoonie hates them. Please don't let them know he’s awake.” Jisung whispered.   “Okay.” Minhyun sat back down.    “Is our Jihoonie feeling better?” Jisung cooed and brushed the hair of the younger aside.   Minhyun exhaled in relief as the younger nodded infinitesimally.    Jisung winked at Minhyun and looked pointedly at the cctv camera above them. He then shifted to whisper in Jihoon’s ears.   “Kuanlin has his journal now.”   At that, Jihoon beamed under the oxygen mask. But he then winced in pain. Jihoon looked at the two of them before fluttering his eyes in drowsiness.
Minhyun understood that his younger brother wanted to go back to sleep, where his dreams were obviously better than their reality. ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
    11 days ago
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

It was four minutes to the hour of 9 when Park Jihoon felt the slow burn of the warp. That's what the people in the lab called their means of travelling.

Park Jihoon’s cheeks were tears-stained and he felt as wretched as always whenever he comes back to the absolute present.

It was just like a dream. He loved living in that reality, a reality where he was happy with Kuanlin, set in 80’s Taiwan. It was his favourite destination among all the multiverses he’d visited so far in search for their maknae.

And when Jihoon finally found him, his limited time with Lai Kuanlin was cut short due to a violation.

It wasn't against the rules to carry something from the present, but it is considered a violation when that something is made known to any occupant of the reality they're visiting. 

Lai Kuanlin’s journal should have been kept a secret. But Jihoon felt he owed it to Kuanlin to share some part of the lives he once lived in other places.

And that notebook should find its way back to its owner.

Jihoon told Jisung everything he’s ever done in this reality with Kuanlin, even though it's against the rules. Jihoon was hoping that after his 4 weeks, there would be a way for Kuanlin to remember the fact that he met Park Jihoon.

Park Jihoon revisited the final moments he had with his handsome Kuanlin.

  He was walking in the food park with Kuanlin. Jihoon was marvelling at all the signature Taiwanese dishes with unmasked gusto, his favourite was of course the flatbread sandwich: a traditional version of pizza Kuanlin fed him a few seconds ago.   Park Jihoon was used to being walked by, ignored, and unnoticed by random passers-by because in that reality, he doesn't really exist. Except for the time he spent with the only person whose consciousness served as the anchor necessary for the success of his warp.   He only exists for Kuanlin.   That thought alone made his insides squirm in affection.   Jihoon zigzagged through the crowd that couldn’t see him, all the while feeling Kuanlin’s gaze on him.   He looked back at Kuanlin who was running behind him, smiling that gummy smile Jihoon adored the most. He kept his eyes on Jihoon at all times and that was all the attention Jihoon needed.   Suddenly, Jihoon felt the prick of the cold needle being inserted in his arm back in the absolute reality where he left his body.   That was the cue for him leaving.   He knew that it would only take an hour before he had to warp back. The familiar paralyzing effect of the chemical that would take Jihoon back to the present started numbing his toes. Park Jihoon’s brain began to process things in an unimaginable speed. He knew he was about to undergo ‘freezing’ where his body would be completely immobilized. He looked behind him and saw Kuanlin talking to a friend he bumped along the way. Jihoon silently thanked Kuanlin’s friend who served as the perfect distraction. Jihoon grabbed the opportunity to escape. He took the unlit path between two food stalls and came out to an alley behind the food park. He sat at the pavement before the chemical completely swallowed his knees. Park Jihoon managed to keep calm because he knew that this numbness would go away soon after washing over his whole body. The whole process would give him approximately 30 minutes left in this reality.  

I know I'm being punished! 

Jihoon shouted in frustration.   “You have breached the contract. Your actions have placed us all in danger. Are you aware of the consequences?” A lab administrator’s voice from the present reached Jihoon’s ears.   “Please, I know I messed up. This won't happen again, I promise.” Jihoon placed a hand over his chest. He could feel his heart beating wildly as fear began to crawl just when his lower half transformed into nothing.   “I'm sorry but rules are rules. I'm officially informing you that your original visa of 4 weeks has been terminated. Effective immediately.” The familiar voice spoke without emotion.   Park Jihoon let the news sink in. His time with Kuanlin was really over. Effective today. He can no longer see Kuanlin tomorrow. Or any other day. Today was his last.   Park Jihoon wanted to scream, be angry, thrash around. But he knew it would all be pointless. Nothing can change the verdict, plus his body turning into mush was not much help.   “I got it. I'll say my goodbyes.” Park Jihoon uttered just to satisfy the voice that haunted him from another dimension. He waited for the time when he would lose all his senses.   When it came, it was instant black out. The festive crowd nearby was suddenly tuned out. He couldn’t even hear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter