Baby I'm Missing You

POMME | MOMENT OF TRUTH IN MANILA

Performance after performance, he delivered great charisma and beastly stage presence, as expected from THE Kwon Jiyong.

 

Backstage, Dara couldn’t help but feel proud and amazed of what Jiyong has become over the years – the king of kpop and the owner of her heart. She was monitoring his performance all throughout so she can adjust and think of more adlibs as they were unable to practice their stage together due to time constraints.

 

She trusted her partner when he said to let loose and have fun during their stage.

It’s her first dome performance after the bitter farewell – and seeing herself standing on the lift made everything real. She will be commanding this stage as a solo singer, and a better half of Kwon Jiyong (at least known to both of them).

 

Kwon Jiyong is considered one of the greatest Korean artists of all time. He debuted 2006, and performing on stage almost all of his life. He is THE G-dragon of South Korea, leader of the nation’s boy group and the King of Kpop – but tonight, at this very moment, he is a small, squishy, giddy marshmallow. 

 

He never noticed it until now, but as their stage gets nearer, the unusual feeling is starting to grow.

 

Is it fear? Nope. Fear is never an option now.

Is it excitement? Maybe. Its been years since their last stage performance?

Is it happiness? Far more than that. He is in fact elated and in cloud nine right now.

Is it butterflies? Damn it. Butterflies are nothing! These are Zoo, Oceanarium, Pre-historic Dinosaurs and all species in his stomach – because performing with his girl means the universe to him.

 

“Should I be a little bit touchy?”

“Should I be gentle?”

“Should I hold her hand?”

“Should I ”

“Should I kiss her?”

“DAMN IT JIYONG. GET YOUR TOGETHER.”

 

Yeah (maybe I’m missing you)
amu saenggak eobsi pyeongsowa gati
botong saramdeulgwa manna utgo malhaji
bami dwemyeon TV-ga nae yuilhan chingugo
achimhaega ddeo-oreumyeoneun geujeseoya jami deuljyo
neomu chorahae na neol manhi johahaetnabwa
nega ddeonan hu paran haneul
nae nunen norahgeman boyeo
geudaen eodiseo apahaeyo na yeogi isseo
anim hoksi dareun saramgwa dareun
saranghani bogosipeo my baby…

 

He had to sit down as his legs are feeling a little bit soft. Yep – for a seemingly odd time, he felt nervous. He lowered his head to hide the smile forming in his lips due to giddiness.

 

nae mameun iri uljeokhande
malhal sarami eobtda

 

Dara appeared like a goddess that she is. Wearing an all red outfit highlights her milky complexion which sparkle like glitters. Her see-through lacy top made her look seductive, y but powerful at the same time. It was coupled with standout pieces of jewelry, a Loubutin black pump, and her orange 2NE1 microphone.

 


nado gakkeum hwaljjak utgo sipeunde
gyeoten amudo eobtda

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
 

The crowd went crazy uncontrollable when they heard her angelic voice and saw the beauty Dara could only deliver. Everyone was just shouting and cheering out of pure bliss. Thousands of fans screaming their names together, on top of their lungs.

 

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you

 

Jiyong slowly stared at her elegant beauty. It made him smile and feel really good. He is beyond proud of course, her girl is slaying it. Visually and performance wise. The insane feedback of the crowd was so overwhelming that it immediately become one of his favorite concert stops to date.

 

geuddaen geuraetji
urisain tumyeonghago ggaekkeuthaetji
cheoeumeneun aeteuthaetji dadeul
geurae almyeonseo wae geuraetji
(but) galsurok yuri ggaejideut
sone ggin banjiga bit baraejideut
nalkaroun kare beideut sokbagiran
saseure mogi jweideut
neul joheul jul man aratdeon neowaui gieokdo
pulliji anhdeon ohae mit
sangcheoman nama sirheodo
he-eojyeoran mareun ggeutkkaji
chamasseoyaman haetneunde
(geuraedo) ssaugo datudeon
geuddaega jigeumbodan naeultende

 

 

The unrehearsed stage of Missing You became really natural for both of them. Maybe its true what they say - you cannot fake chemistry.

 

He was stunned by the confidence exuding from Dara; the charm and her impromptu choreography are all perfect. Jiyong could not stop admiring her that he found himself staring at the screen projector – marveling the perfectness that is Sandara Park.

 

nae mameun iri uljeokhande
malhal sarami eobtda
nado gakkeum hwaljjak utgo sipeunde
gyeoten amudo eobtda
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you

 

“Not yet Jiyong, not yet” He kept repeating it to himself while flawlessly singing his heart out to Missing You.

 

naneun ajikdo maeil nuneul ddeumyeon
nega yeope itneun geotman gata
uri hamkkehaetdeon manheun sigandeul
dwedollil sun eobtna a-a-a-


 

nae mameun iri uljeokhande
malhal sarami eobtda
nado gakkeum hwaljjak utgo sipeunde
gyeoten amudo eobtda a-a-a-a-

 

His nerves wrack up, he missed a note due to his nervousness and here he is walking straight towards the princess in front of him.

 

The screams are just really unbelievable – he doesn’t want to assume, but are these screams sign that he is about to do the right thing?

 

Dara on the other hand focuses on the overall performance and enjoying her first ever concert stage since the painful disbandment.  She must admit that a proposal crossed her mind, but there is so much to take in this realm of possibilities. She will face it beautifully when it comes, even right now.

 

nae mameun iri uljeokhande
malhal sarami eobtda
nado gakkeum hwaljjak utgo sipeunde
gyeoten amudo eobtda
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you oh oh
Maybe I’m missing you

 

Their first performance ended smoothly with a loud scream from the fans. Even Dara, who is accustomed to the Filipino crowd is surprised by the amount of cheer they are both receiving.

 

As the continue with their segment, the scream grew louder. The chants and cheer never seem to end. This made Jiyong feel at ease. “They like it. Of course the love her. They like us. They like us together” He thought to himself

 

Just when he thought he could relax a bit, here’s Dara loudly admitting she missed him.  All hell broke loose upon hearing “I miss you” from the gorgeous lady. He tried to shrugged it off but failed completely. He was lost from the conversation flow for a moment. Trying to process that Dara publicly said, for the first time ever that she misses him.

 

Of course he’s accustomed to those words. But coming from Dara, in this moment, in front of his VIPs, in his most prized concert – it made everything feel extraordinary. “I miss you” never sounded so perfect, until now.

 

Out of pure bliss, Jiyong decided to let loose and just put his guard down for a few moment. It wouldn’t hurt to let these amazing fans see a glimpse of Daragon in its most natural interaction. They deserve it after all. They made dating sound happy and normal for superstars like them.

 

“You ain’t got a girl right now?”

“I’M NOT” (Not me)

 

He flashed his gummy smile while dropping sweet adlibs.

 

During their Hello performance, he was debating with himself whether to kiss her or reveal his plan at the end. 8 years ago, they would pretend to kiss with the help of the hat everytime they’re ending the stage. He thought it would be quite cliché or lame to do the same.

 

He wanted to hug Dara from behind but thought it may startle her and affect her performance. It was her first concert since disbandment and he wants nothing but for his girl to enjoy the very limited time on stage.

 

Instead, he let Dara sing as much as she wants. Not doing anything that may distract her. He created cute antics to make the performance fun.   

 

At the end Jiyong decided to just plainly bid goodbye formally.  After all, a King would always bow down to his Queen right before their kingdom and ruled land.

 

--