If Its Real, Then It'll Be Complicated

POMME | MOMENT OF TRUTH IN MANILA

 

Due to conflicting schedule, GDYB decided to catch up before resuming to their respective tours next week.

 

Jiyong drove his way up to Youngbae's villa for a barbecue and some light booze. He tried contacting the Seunghyuns and Daesung, but they are engaged in prior businesses. Its a benefit to have a bestfriend who cooks like his mom, so he is kinda excited since he haven't eaten any today.

Although he’s currently in Korea, he cannot hold of Dara due to her busy schedule.

“I am now here but it seems like we're countries apart again.” He monologue while driving through the busy streets of Seoul.

“We only dated for two days since I got back. Now she's on full swing Dara-the hardworker mode again – heck she can't even update me today. Tsss” His grip on the steering wheel tightens. He wanted to slow down to give her a call but he brought his Lamborghini – a 100% sure paparazzis are now following him so it would be better to go straight to Youngbae, because the mass media and entertainment reporters are hella nuts in exaggerating stories.

 

----

The sound of grilling fills the dining area of Youngbae's place. That inviting premium beef smell, with garlic and marinade makes Jiyong grab his chopsticks right away.

Over dinner, Youngbae opened the topic of Jiyong and Dara getting back together after a dramatic break up, a rocky moving on phase, an awkward meet the new boyfriend/girlfriend and a lots of drunken nights and ex issues.

 

“You’re different now.” Youngbae said while looking at his shot glass full of soju.

Upon hearing what his bestfriend said, he picked a pickled radish, shove it to his mouth and started talking too.

“What different?” Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed.

“You.. well how do I put it.. hmm.” YB struggled, as he pour another glass of soju. “You’re Jiyong.. the plain Jiyong. Carefree, inspired, and…. love sick.” He jokingly said and gulped the soju, frowning over its after taste.

 

Jiyong smiled and continued eating. His innocent best friend cannot lie – even his closest friends said the same thing too. It could be true though, being in love and happy as this will definitely radiate towards actions and aura.

 

Few shots more, GDYB decided to went up to the terrace for some quiet, relaxing time after dinner.

And some more alcohol as a dozen of cold beer are ready on the table. Jiyong immediately open a can upon settling on the Walderton chair that Youngbae got from Paris.

 

“Dara is performing again. I invited her to my Manila concert.” Jiyong proudly narrated while fumbling the hem of his track pants.

“Wow. Yaaaah! Dope move. Congratz.” As Youngbae lightly punched Jiyong’s arm.

Jiyong could only glare at Taeyang’s never ending dope joke. Again, silence enveloped the air of the balcony.

“How was it Youngbae? The feeling?” Jiyong asked out of nowhere, leaving a clueless face Youngbae.

“Being publicly open with your relationship? Having the entire nation support you and your girlfriend. How does it feel?” He finished the question without even looking at his bestfriend.

“I told you before.. and its still the same.. years after – surreal.” Youngbae said, with happiness laced to his voice.

He was more than thankful of all the people who supported his relationship with Min Hyorin. He was so touched with the overwhelming support especially from their VIPs.

“I wanted to do it too. I wanted to tell our VIPs that Dara.. is mine.” Jiyong blurted.

 

The conversation was interrupted with multiple messages from Jiyong's phone.

“Katalk”

“Katalk”

“Katalk”


“Someone is finally free from work.” Youngbae interjected while Jiyong hurriedly read them all.

“She said hi to you,” Jiyong answered, his eyes never leaving his phone as he types his lengthy reply.

 

After some few more drinks, Youngbae recalled his conversation with YG a few days ago. When he was about to open his mouth to talk about work, Jiyong immediately blurted out a deep sigh, followed by

 

“I wanted to marry Dara now.” Jiyong words were serious and commanding. There's certainty and determination in those Youngbae easily detected.

 

Being a supportive bestfriend who witnessed it all, of course he wanted it wholeheartedly.

“Then do it. As long as your heart wanted it, as long as Dara wanted it, do it.” Taeyang said in the most encouraging way he can, coupled with a pat on Ji's shoulder - but Jiyong could only smile back.

“So many complications.” He murmured under his breath.

 

“That is because we think too much and feel too little,” Youngbae comforted.

“It isn't love if it feels too simple, Ji. I trust you know that.”

 

“If its love…”

“if its real,”

“then it'll be complicated,” he added.

 

Youngbae stared at Jiyong who is probably thinking of something. He cannot argue though, their relationship is always at the edge – push and pull, oftentimes vague. It was smooth sailing on the earlier days, but hit them and both decided to separate ways. It was just until last year that both decided to give it another shot – this time, more careful, more mature, more loyal, and more loving. It was a beautiful story, despite Jiyong being the most chaotic character and Dara, the most unpredictable one.

 

“You're planning to propose in your Manila concert, 그렇지? (geu-reo-chi / didn't you?) Youngbae teased his bestfriend.

“WAS.” Jiyong emphasized. While flipping his phone and gulping some more beer. “Until I consulted with Omma, Appa, Noona,”

Youngbae's eyes grew wide. “Noona? You asked her if you can propose to her in Manila?” he was shocked that his best friend might have some lose screws up there for asking her in advance.

“Eo.” (Yes) “Noona.. Dami Noona.” “Are you thinking I asked Dara? 너 바보야? (neo ba-bo-ya? / Are you dumb?”) Jiyong's gummy smile finally appeared.

“Aish! Forget it!” “So what did they say?” Youngbae curiously asked while opening another can of beer.

Jiyong lowered his head, “Of course they are happy, they wanted me to push thru with it.. but”

“Hmm?” Youngbae attentively listened.

“Its because of this ing status, this messed up industry, the judgemental public, the feelings of the fans.. I want to drop it all Youngbae-ah, seriously.” Jiyong's head remain hung low.

“Tha fans.. they would understand. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that. Can you take the blow? Can Dara endure it all alone especially when all of us are enlisting together?” Youngbae highlighted his concerns as well, but remained calm and collected so as to console with Jiyong's dilemma.

 

For the nth time, there was silence.

Jiyong finds Youngbae’s point correct.

 

Jiyong filled his tummy with good food and fed his soul with good company. Youngbae never disappoints with intelligent talk with emotional sense.

 

-----

After the satisfying dinner, Jiyong drove back to the Hongdae thinking he should fetch Dara since she should be early tomorrow at the YG HQ for the MOTTE preparations.

 

Dara and the Insolent Housemate team was really working hard despite the cold streets of the city at 9PM.

In a few minutes, they would wrap up the first batch of filming and would take a break for a while before filming another set of episodes. The timing perfectly fits with her schedule – especially with her MOTTE guesting she’s really excited about. How the schedule seems to be very well thought of and convenient for her makes her think that YG used its power again – and by YG, she means the great Yang Hyun Suk conceding to the even greater influence, Kwon Jiyong.


While inside the van waiting for the staff to call them out, the Insolent Housemates team wanted a celebration for the good rating average and a probable show extension.

 

P.O: “Yaah! Chowa! I like”

Jo Se Ho : “I know a perfect place!”

Insolent Housemate Staff: “You mean the one owned by Seungri?”

Insolent Housemate Staff 2: “Oh! Yes! Yes!”

 

When every staff heard “Seungri”, it was like a synchronized response that they all turn to face Dara.

Connections – Freebies – Less Cost – Favorable for the PD and the show.

 

Dara was quick to to catch up on that, and without mentioning any word, she started dialing her phone to negotiate with her favorite panda dongsaeng.

---

Driving on the highway, Jiyong decides to call Dara to know her exact place and what time he could pick her up.

 

“Yoboseyo?” The sweet high pitched voice answered from the other line.

Apart from his girl’s voice, he is not liking anything he is hearing as of the moment.

Loud EDM beat, crowd shouting, and a man offering her a martini!

 

“For Pete’s sake Sandara Park, do you mind to tell me where the are you right now?” His grip on the steering wheel tightened.

“Yoboseyo? Babe I’m sorry I cannot hear you well.”  Dara’s last sentence infuriated the dragon – he thought she was busy filming. Heck he even ask the PD of her show to halt the filming for a while in exchange of good money, and this is what he gets?

 

Jiyong was a protective boyfriend ever since, but he knows how to draw the line.

Dara can party all she wants, provided that he is well informed and he or someone he trust will fetch her up directly from the bar.

It was known to all that Jiyong is workaholic and perfectionist – the reason he arranged the Insolent Housemate break so Dara could focus on the guesting and perfecting her passion, and with her recent action, he must admit he felt a bit disappointed.

“Damn it!” He increased the speed of his Lamborghini and started contacting the maknae for  her current location, and bingo! By the first call, he knows where she is.

 

--

 

Annyeong chingus! ♥

It took so long.. omg. Sorry! But updates will be a lot faster from now, and the story might get longer than what I originally planned it to be. 

 

Hello VIPs! Have you welcomed our beautiful goddess sis in law, Min Hyo Rin? ♥

The wedding is soooo dreamy, its close to perfection. Right? right? *Side eyeing OTP*

I have a lot to say but I gotta save em up for the next chapters. 

Fighting for the rest of the week! ♥