Chap 8: Reality...

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘When will this pain stop? The pain in my head is nothing compared to the pain my heart is suffering. Even when I was in the hospital, my dad worried about his expenses. I must be a real-time burden for them,’ thought Tisha, who gained consciousness. 

 

Her whole body felt weak. After letting out all the deep thoughts she had all this time, she felt empty. 

 

She doesn’t feel anything. 

All this time, she felt hurt and sad. 

But she also had a small hope for them. 

 

She hoped that they might understand her for once in her life. 

 

But as the saying goes, ‘world doesn't go the way we planned,’ nothing changed in her life.

 

She tried to sit up on her bed. Being unconscious for who knew how long, she was thirsty. To relieve the dryness in , she bends down to reach the cup of water at the bedside table.

 

“Tisha, you’re awake?” came Sowon’s worried voice.

She woke up by the sound of Tisha’s twist and the bed.

 

“Do you need water?” she asked as she quickly made her way towards the bed to help her best friend.

 

“Thank you,” replied Tisha shortly.

 

Tisha drank the water without saying anything much to her. The cold water felt so good in her dried throat.

 

“Tisha….,” called Sowon softly. 

 

She is trying to have a chat with her. But, Tisha is not ready. She will never be able to have this conversation easily. 

 

“Tisha, why didn’t you share anything with me?” Tisha didn’t answer her. 

“You know what? I thought I did something bad that offends you,”

“No…you did nothing wrong,” she answered softly. 

“I knew it. You didn’t want to become a burden for me too, right?” Tisha nods her head.

“Remember this, Tisha. You will never be a burden to me. You are more than a friend to me. You are part of my family. So, never think like that again.” 

 

Those were the words she had been craving for all this time.

 

“Sowon-ah…,” called Tisha as she broke down in front of her. It seems like her tears were waiting for the sign.

 

“Cry as much as you want. I will be here. I will always be with you,” Sowon comforted her, and Tisha started to sob.

 

Sowon hugged her and patted her back to console her. Tisha cried rivers on her shoulder and felt warm in Sowon’s arms. 

 

Sowon was the home she wanted. According to some quotes, people didn’t trust others based on two things. 

Firstly, it's due to they don’t know them, and second, they know them so well. The only person she could trust for now was Sowon.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been two days since that incident happened, and Tisha didn’t allow anybody to meet her. Sowon was the only person accessible to her ward. She was so scared to meet others.

 

‘What would they think about me, now? I am not a perfect daughter. I am disgusting. I don’t worth their concern,’ these types of words played on repetition in her he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter