Chap 4: Work Together (part 2)

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days later,

 

It was one of the usual days at the school until the genius Jinyoung invited the girls for a bet with the boys. 

 

It was the 'steal the stickers' game. 

This game got inspired by the 'Running Man' Korean reality show. 

 

The game was easy, and so were the rules.

The guys and girls will stick their names on their backs. The opposite team must try to tear off the stickers to eliminate them.

 

Easy, right? But, not as easy as the girls thought with the involvement of giant-like boys.

 

The boy's team had Mark, Jinyoung, Hyuk, and Hongbin, while the girl's team had Tisha, Sasha, Sowon, and Hee Jung.

Two of Sasha's best friends didn't come to school that day.

 

The game got pretty interesting, with the boys pulling a prank to get rid of the name tags while the girls hiding behind them to pull it off. 

 

Given the boys' broad shoulders, it was easy for the girls to hide and carry out their mission. 

 

After half hour or more, the game comes to the last four to compete.

 

It was Hyuk, Tisha, Sowon, and Jinyoung.

While Jinyoung was trying hard to tear off Tisha's name tag, Sowon sneaked behind them and tore off both Jinyoung and Hyuk's name tags.

 

"Guys, it's not fair for us. We fought till the very end," argued Hyuk when he heard the punishment for the losers.

"So....?" said the girls in a union with an unamused look.

 

"So, we want the first loser to accept the punishment from both the groups. Let's make it fair, guys, don't be cruel," added Jinyoung with wronged expression.

 

This new decision made Mark and Sasha uneasy. They are the first losers, and they know that they are doomed.

 

"I think that's pretty fair," supported Sowon.

"So the punishment is the losers had to run around the field," stated Hongbin.

"Three rounds," added Hee Jung.

"But, I-I-...," shuttered Sasha. She got hurt while training ballet in the morning. She doesn't know if she can run.

 

"It's okay, Sha. I'll run for you. 

I know you hurt yourself during the practice today," said Tisha as she patted her shoulder to show support before she took off.

 

Mark was still questioning his life decision to join the game in the first place as he watched Tisha start to run. Jinyoung pushed him a little towards the field, and the blurred Mark just ran after her.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

Tisha was running/ jogging around the field when Mark slowly joined her. She kept her pace and didn't bother to stop until she reached the third round. 

 

Unknown to anyone, she was hurt too. But, she prefers to keep it to herself.

 

"Hye, " Mark said while catching up with her.

"Hi," she replied.

 

Both of them didn't say a word while running. 

Mark didn't start a conversation, and Tisha felt awkward and shy to talk. 

 

Tisha was expecting Mark to do the talking. At least say something to her. But he was reluctant to say anything.

 

"So, Sasha is your twin?" asked Mark while they were about to complete their second round.

"Yes," she answered.

"How did she hurt herself?" he tried to bring any topic to start the talking, but the chosen topic was not a good choice. 

 

"Ah..., it was just a cramp. Sasha will be okay," Tisha tried to reply without getting upset.

"Oh, How is her," as Tisha noticed that Mark wanted to keep talking about her twin sister than her, she just ran off.

"I got to go. Bye," said Tisha as she ran out of the field.

 

She was so upset that her tears wouldn't stop pouring, and the pain in her tarsal was unbearable. She slowly took off her shoes to reduce the pressure. 

 

 

It was not what she expected when she volunteered to run along with Mark on behalf of Sasha. She expected him to at least ask her about herself, not the sweet twin again.

 

"Tisha, are you crying?" asked Sowon, who entered the changing room. The sudden voice behind her made Tisha's action stop. She quickly wiped her tears and turned around to face her best friend.

 

"Nothing, just a cramp," she answered while smiling softly.

"Show me...," Sowon purposely grabbed Tisha's leg roughly.

"AHH...," she whined in pain.

"That doesn't look like a normal cramp to me. You sprained your feet?" asked Sowon, shocked when she noticed how red Tisha's leg looked.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry?" said Tisha in pain, which was like a whisper as she tried to get her leg back from Sowon.

"No! You're not. Why did you run when your feet are not in good condition?" she asked in confusion. 

 

"Sasha was hurt," Tisha replied, but her voice cracked in the end as she tried to hold back her tears. 

 

"Are you joking?! Your injury is even worst," argued Sowon, upset.

"I know you run to help your twin and spend at least a few minutes with Mark. But, Tisha, what about your feet? You have ballet practice after school again," said Sowon worriedly.

 

"It's okay. I'll be fine," said Tisha as she raised from the bench to walk out of the changing room.

 

"Tisha, wait. You have to treat it," said Sowon as she made her sit and put some cold patches on he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter