Chap 7: Realization Hit Hard...

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark was so mad after hearing the flashback, and he felt sinful for being involved in it. Sowon was so angry and scolded Sasha for not admitting her fault. 

 

Mark made a mental note to punch Ken in his face for being such an . Too much of things had happened, and they acted as if nothing. 

 

That point itself made Sowon boil in wrath. She was holding back just because it was a hospital. 

 

As Sowon wanted to check on Tisha, just in time, her parents came. Dr Wonho suggested checking on Tisha first.

 

So, all of them entered the room one by one. 

All of them made sure to be quiet, but as soon as they entered the room, they got welcomed with soft sobs. 

 

They caught Tisha crying while holding her head. She looked like she was in so much pain that she couldn't handle it. Sowon rushed to her side.

 

"Tisha, are you ok?" she asked worriedly.

They didn't receive any answer from her.

 

"Does your head hurt? Why are you holding it?" asked Sowon as she saw her holding it.

 

Tisha nodded as an answer, and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

 

"Did you consume the medicines I prescribed before?" asked Dr Wonho. 

She just shook her head as no.

 

"What did you do this time?! Can't you be out of problems for once," sneered Tisha's dad as he was annoyed.

 

"I'm sure this is because of lack of food. Why can't you take care of yourself?" there goes Tisha's mother.

 

"I spent hundreds of won on you, and you were wasting it, you ungrateful child!"

 

These sentences made her scoff. She let go of her head and looked down at her blanket. 

A weak smile got planted on her face.

 

"Did you just scoff at me!! You un," before her dad could say it, Tisha finished the sentence for him.

 

"Ungrateful child!!! Problem!!! Burden!!! What else you got, Dad?" Tisha asked softly.

 

Her voice was unusually calm, which worried both Sasha and Sowon. They knew her so well that they could guess this was the calmness before the tsunami.

 

"Tisha..., take it easy. They are our parents," remind Sasha to calm her down.

 

"I know!" she raised her voice which shuttered every person in that room. 

 

The so-called peace queen of the family was getting angry for the first time. Everybody was shocked by her sudden outburst.

 

"I still remember that. I remind myself to be a perfect daughter for them. I tried to understand them and behaved as they wished. But, did they at least for once think about me, my feelings? Have they?" Tisha asked with the same anger.

 

"Tisha, stop it before you regret it later," reminded Mark softly.

"I won't be around to regret it, Mark...So, let me talk," she added sadly.

 

"Tisha, I'm telling you to stop right now," ordered her mother.

She smiled weakly as a few drops of tears escaped her eyes.

 

"All my life, All you have ever done was telling me to do that, this, ordering me around. Am I your child?" her voice cracked at the end.

 

"Tisha...," called Sowon in pity.

 

"Ahhh...," she grunted as she held on to her head tightly. But she didn't stop. She got down from her bed and got near her parents.

 

"Tisha, stay on the bed," ordered Dr Wonho, but it went in vain when she walked forward.

 

"Mom, you asked me why I'm not eating? But, have you tried to find the reason?" she asked.

"Oh, Yes. You said I got myself into an accident purposely, right? I forgot," she smirked as she walked away from her.

 

"Mom, I'm going to be 19. But, do you know my favourite foods or anything I like?" she questioned tearily.

 

"That's ridiculous. I cooked your favourite food on your birthday every year," Mrs Lee tried to defend herself.

 

"The prawn, sweet-sour and seafood stew? Do you know that I am damn allergic to it? If I ate a plate, I had to vomit and be sick for the whole day. Have you ever noticed that?" her voice rose in unfairness.

 

"Tisha! mind your words. You are talking to your mother here," comes Mr Lee's stern voice as he was about to slap her.

 

"Appa!" screamed Sasha to stop her father's action. His hand stayed hanging in mid-air in the same slapping position.

 

"Why did you stop, Appa? It is not the first time I'm getting slapped. So, why did you stop now?" she questioned with a tired voice.

 

Her hands never left her head all this time, and her tears continued to stream down. 

 

She looked too fragile to talk or even stand properly. But, she didn't stop her confession. She wanted to let them know how she felt all this time.

 

"Appa, you always said that you understand me, love me.

I wonder whether those words were genuine. Do you really understand me? Have I ever gone against your wish!" her voice rose again.

 

"Ahhh....," she holds her head and shuts her eyes tightly to control the pain. Her breathing became uneven because of crying for too long. She started to hyperventilate. 

Her body started to tremble, and her posture was not stable too.

 

"Tisha-ssi, you got to stop. You know your condition very well," said Dr Wonho as he tried to hold her.

 

"No!" she pushed him away and moved away from them, all of them. 

As an aftereffect, the pain in her head increased.

 

"That day, you slapped me, cursed me and accused me of something I didn't do. You always said you know me, then why didn't you trust me that day? Why didn't you know that I don't consume any alcohol?! Do you know something, Appa? That credit card got taken away from me the day you gave it. I didn't spend a penny from your card," she confessed with sad eyes.

 

"Tisha...," called her dad. 

 

His voice was no longer loud, nor was he angry. Maybe, the realization hit him hard.

 

"All this time... I tried to understand your work pressure and act according to your wishes to help you. But, not once did I feel happy.

I felt like a maid, an unwanted child in that house, like trash. I felt disgusted about myself," her voice cracked again, and she closed her eyes even tighter to stop the pain.

 

"Tisha...," called Sasha as she got the whole point of the situation.

 

"Even though we don't look alike, we are twins, am I correct? Then, why didn't you defend me? Why didn't you say a word when Dad accused me that day in the hospital? Why didn't you say that I saved you!!!" her voice was getting soft, and her face was losing colour too. 

 

She was getting as pale as paper.

 

"Tisha..., pi(blood)," said Sasha as she pointed at her nose.

 

Tisha wiped the blood using the back of her hand.

 

"Now, I'm even starting to bleed," scoffed Tisha as she smiled weakly.

 

"Tisha, take it easy... calm down, please...," Sowon tried to console

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter