Chap 11: A better exposure...

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Mark cleared all the misunderstandings with Tisha, but whenever Mark tried to get close to Tisha, as if nothing was wrong, Tisha felt awkward. 

 

She didn’t know why everything was happening this way or why it was happening now.

 

One thing was for sure, Tisha was not ready, and Tisha will never be. 

 

Tisha knows that she is getting weak, literally in an out-of-focus condition all day long, and she also knows that she needs to accept help from the doctors, but still, she didn’t want to. 

 

What was the point in getting physically healthy when she broke, mentally and spiritually? 

 

It was a weekday, Sowon had class, and others had work and studies to catch up to while Tisha was in that cold hospital room with her thoughts. 

 

It felt suffocating to be inside those four walls. With the help of the IV drip stand, she made her way toward the hospital garden on the 13th floor, just a few levels below her room. 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

Tisha’s POV

 

 

Dusk was falling, the mosquitoes were out, and goosebumps were on my arms from the evening chill. The green hedges are now looking almost black. 

 

Tisha's silhouette colours seem muted as if they had been drained away by an invisible hand. As if the person's skin palette changed. 

 

In that welcome amber glow, the time of slower thoughts has arrived. My brain becomes a perfect empty horizon, yet content to sit at those moments with open eyes.

 

I feel the soothing breeze, become absorbed in the music of crickets, letting the gentle energy of nature wash away.

 

"What are you doing out here?"

I heard a voice from the back of the bench where I was sitting.

 

 

I turn around to find Dr Wonho standing behind me with a cup of coffee. I didn’t answer his question, nor did I give any reaction to him. 

 

I just continued to look away at the darkening evening sky. Soon the stars and moon will be out, so let me enjoy this serene sunset view for a while.

 

“Looks like someone doesn’t want to talk to his Oppa anymore,” joked him as he took the seat beside me. 

 

We both just did our things. I stared blankly at the sky while Oppa enjoyed his coffee, iced Americano. I guess. 

We didn’t talk or make any noise. 

The silence between us was not something uncomfortable. 

But it was somewhat a calming silence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter