Chap 6: I was Right...

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later,

 

"Tisha, for god's sake! EAT MORE!!! Why are you trying to tease Sasha? You know she is dieting," shouted their mom at the dining table.

 

They all gathered for breakfast as usual, and Tisha couldn't eat, which led to this scenario.

 

"I-I can't," before she could complete her sentences, her mother cut her off.

 

"I know you did it on purpose!" she glared at Tisha.

 

"W-what? What do you mean?" Tisha asked, shocked.

 

"You purposely got into the accident to avoid dieting and dancing ballet as I requested you," she blamed Tisha angrily.

 

"You used your shady plan to avoid doing what I asked from you. Then why are you eating less now? To play innocent??!!" shouted her mother in anger with hurt-filled words.

 

Every word that escaped was like venom. 

Her mom kept throwing hateful remarks at her, and that succeeded in breaking the remaining parts of her heart. 

 

She loved dancing ballet and tried her best to do well even though it was not her first preference. She loved drawing more than dancing, but her choice never mattered.

 

 

Her mother blaming the accident on her and accusing her without evidence just made her feel sick. 

She felt disgusted and just wanted to puke out all the food in her system.

 

"I'm sorry...," she said in a small voice as she quickly walked out of the dining room.

 

She felt suffocating in there.

 

"Just sell the damn dance studio you bought for her!!!" shouted her mother at her father, who never said a word.

 

Tisha heard all of her words. 

 

The venom-like words her mother said felt like pushing knives into her already broken heart, and the pain she felt in her head was not helping either. 

 

She knew something was particularly wrong with her today, and she might pass out anytime. 

 

But who cares, right? Somehow she managed to reach her class from home after all the ordeal, which happened during breakfast.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

"So won-ah, Is Tisha avoiding you? I thought you were her best friend?" said one of her classmates.

 

"What nonsense is that? No, she is not avoiding me," replied Sowon collected, unlike the expression they expected from her.

 

"Don't be so innocent, Sowon. She is ignoring you," said another girl, trying to make her feel bothered.

 

Sowon never doubted their friendship. They don't need to speak their minds out loud to know what's going on in their life. 

 

But, all these conversations made her feel rage, and she started to doubt herself, not Tisha. Never Tisha. Sowon would never question her friendship with Tisha. She was worried that she would have done something, which made Tisha distance herself from her.

 

Just as she was defending Tisha, the said person walked into the class. She looked way too weak and pale today. 

Nowadays, she always looks like that. 

So, Sowon didn't think much about it, but she cared to ask her about her wellbeing every time.

 

"Tisha, did something happen? Why are your eyes red? Did you cry?" as Sowon bombarded her with questions, but all Tisha replied was a soft

"Nothing," which sounds as faint as whispering.

 

"Follow me!!!" Sowon dragged Tisha to the rooftop.

 

The cold wind was too chilly to stay out, but Sowon didn't mind it. It wasn't that chilly for her, and they both loved winter more than summer anyway.

 

"Tisha, why are you not sharing anything with me anymore? What happened to you after the accident?" asked Sowon seriously. She should have had this conversation long ago.

Tisha didn't reply anything to her question.

 

"Why are you ignoring me?

Do you not need me as a friend anymore?" she asked sadly.

 

Sowon doesn't dare to hear a 'yes' as an answer. So, she turned away to avoid the upcoming reply.

 

"It's you who don't need me," Tisha replied, but it still came out as a whisper.

 

"What? What are you talking about?" questioned Sowon, confused. 

 

What does she mean by that?

 

This time Sowon didn't get any reply and called it whatever you wanted to. 

 

But she felt that something is wrong. She turned around to face Tisha, and her thoughts were correct. 

 

There on the floor was the unconscious Tisha.

 

 

"OH MY GOD, Tisha...!!!!"

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

The sudden light kind of hurt her eyes when she tries to open 

them. She used her hands to cover them.

 

"You're awake?" said a voice beside her. 

 

She adjusted her vision to check the person who was by her side.

 

"Where am I? Why are you here?" asked Tisha softly. Her voice is hoarse.

 

"You're at the hospital, and I'm here because Sowon couldn't carry you alone," replied Mark with a light smile to enlighten the gloomy expression on her face.

 

"Tisha, when did you wake up? Lie down," ordered Sowon, who got into the room.

 

"What happened?" she asked again to Sowon.

 

"Well, you have to tell us. The doctor was not ready to spill any words without your permission," replied Sowon softly as she sat beside Tisha on the bed.

 

When Tisha didn't say a word and stayed stationary, they heard the response from the doctor who entered the room with her medical chart.

 

"You know what she is talking about, Tisha," he said from the doorway.

 

"Wonho Oppa," she called out with a voice filled with anxiousness.

 

The terrified look on her face made Mark feel uneasy.

 

"Tisha, you have to..." he started, and she cut him off before he could spill any of her secrets.

 

"Oppa!" she stopped him again, which caused the whole situation even tense.

 

"Tisha, let him continue," suggested Sowon smoothly with worry.

 

"No! You guys don't have to know! You guys don't have to know anything," she shouted as she started hyperventing.

 

Her breathing was uneven, and she broke into cold sweats.

 

"Leave me alone..... like you guys always do!" every word she managed to say was getting weak as time passed.

 

Dr Wonho stepped in and injected medicine into her IV drip, which caused her to calm down and eventually fall asleep.

 

"I need to meet her family members. Call them here," ordered Dr Wonho as he looked at her one last time before leaving the room.

 

"I think I have to meet them first," said Mark in monotone.

 

It was the first sentence he spoke since the Dr entered the room. Mark dialled Sasha. 

 

He informed her about everything. She agreed to be there as fast as she could. She sounded worried as he expected, but he didn't understand why Tisha's words were sad and displayed loneliness.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

A few minutes later,

 

"What happened to her?" asked Sasha as soon as she reached Tisha's wad room.

 

"That's what I wanted to know. What happened to Tisha? Tell me all you know. Please...," pleaded Sowon.

 

Tears were waiting to flow out of her eyes anytime. 

 

Sasha exchanged a look with Mark before starting her flashback.

 

"It started last summer, During the school break...,"

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

Tisha's POV

 

'I did every work mom gave, and now I can rest in my room,' thought Tisha as she got into her room.

 

As I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter