Chap 13: Finale

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Five years later,

 

 

“Hyuk-ah, what are you doing here? You are on standby. It’s time for your solo stage,” nagged N as he saw the maknae staring into space as he held tight to the mic.

 

“It’s just that….I miss her so much now,” Hyuk replied as he stared into space with no focus.

 

“You know Tisha would be sad to see you like this. You have to be happy for her,” advised N comfortingly.

 

“I know that I have to be happy for her. But it just got me sad. I wrote this song for her, you know. Now that she couldn’t be here to listen to it, I’m-It’s hard to explain,” said Hyuk sadly.

 

“Even though she is not with us right now, she will always be in our hearts. Calm your mind and prepare for your stage,” advised N as he left the poor boy to settle down.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

The stage dimmed to pitch black as the LED projector showed Hyuk’s name on a pink background. It projects his photos for a while with background music (BGM).

 

Hyuk stood in the middle of the stage and started to sing. He sang his solo song. The starlights couldn’t see him first. All they could see for the first few minutes was his silhouette only. Then the stage got brighter together with the chorus part.

 

As the melody fills the stage, he slowly removes his outer layer jacket. He made a circle in the centre before running towards the end of the stage and jumped gracefully. He jumped as gold-sparkling papers were falling from above, which was so ethereal to watch. Then he started to sing the second half of the song.

 

In the middle of the chorus, the fans started to sing together with him.

 

“Lalalala jigeum cheoreom (lalala, just like now)

Lalalala ireohge (lalala, like this)

IreohgeLalala….(like this….)”

 

As Hyuk finished his song, the entire auditorium went wild with fans screaming. Their fandom called starlights was so overwhelmed by the maknae’s performance.

 

During his trainee days, singing a verse without being off-tune had been difficult. Now he could compose his song by himself. The starlights have seen his hard work and growth. They felt so proud of him.

 

As the solo part ended, he waved his hand toward the fans before getting down the stage to the dressing room.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

“Mwo-yah (what)? You made it look like I died to Hakyeon Oppa. I was just late for an hour, and you made a scene here,” accused Tisha teasingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter