Chap 9: A Chance...

Empty Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tisha, wake up. You go to eat something,” Sowon shook her softly. She noticed the barely-touched dinner on her bedside.

 

Tisha stirred from her sleep and looked at Sowon. With a cheerful smile, Sowon showed the takeout she got for her. The best friends giggled a little and started to dig in. 

 

Tisha couldn’t finish her portion. She didn’t even have half of it, but she felt nauseous. 

 

She pushes past Sowon to the washroom and pukes out the food in her system. Sowon was as always behind her, drawing circles to calm her down.

 

Tisha managed to wash up and get back on the bed with the help of Sowon. Her condition was getting weak by the days, and throwing up had become her daily routine. She has lost a lot of weight too. 

 

"Tisha, do you want something or crave any food?" asked Sowon softly. Even a slightly loud sound caused Tisha's headache to double.

 

"No. You know that I don't have any favourite foods that I have to crave for, Sowon-ah. The red velvet cake I had with you during the school trip was the only thing I liked genuinely," replied Tisha with a weak smile. 

 

"I saw a few desserts and snacks on the table when I got here after class. But, it was gone when I got back during dinner. Did someone visit you today?" asked Sowon as she adjusted the blanket on Tisha. 

 

"The nurse said Sasha dropped them here for me when I was sleeping. I don't have desserts or snacks regularly, so I gave them away to the nurse station during dinner," added Tisha. 

 

"Why are you saying that? I thought your house had no shortage for snacks and desserts?" asked Sowon in doubt. 

 

"My house had at least five types of snacks or dessert daily. But they are not mine. Unless I cooked it myself or bought it with my own pocket money, I won't touch any food, snacks or things in my house," added Tisha, unbothered. 

 

"Why...? I don't understand," asked Sowon as she settled beside her bed. 

 

"There was once I ate one of Sasha's desserts. She got so mad and accused me of being unthoughtful and having no manner cause I ate her food without her permission. 

She said some hurtful words without thinking in anger. I paid back for the dessert that I ate. 

After that incident, I don't dare to touch any food or things that are not mine," explained Tisha with a faraway look.

 

"Did your parents know about this? Do you and your siblings always label your things?" asked Sowon, confused. 

 

Because, as far as she knows, Tisha always shares her things and snacks with Sasha. 

 

"They knew. My parent didn't bother to confront Sasha about it. She did eventually apologise, though. But once was enough to teach me a lesson. I never touch anything that was not mine, unless for cleaning and after that incident, I just don't dare to...." Tisha stopped as her eyes teared with the overwhelming emotions from the past. 

 

"I understand, Tisha. You don't have to explain further," consoled Sowon as she hugged her. 

 

"That house never felt like mine. I never felt like I belong there. That house was never the home I looked for," added Tisha sadly. 

 

"Shh-shhh. Don't think about it," replied Sowon as she hummed a melody for Tisha. She hugged Tisha tightly as she let her rest. 

 

"I'm sleepy, Sowon-ah," said Tisha as she dozed off.

 

Sowon, who knew her friend, was saying the dizziness as sleepiness to stop her from worrying and let her rest as she waited by her side loyally.

 

Sowon companied her until she slept soundly and went back home.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

At school,

 

“Han Sanhyuk….!” 

 

Hyuk heard someone shouting his name from behind. Therefore, he turned around to find the source of the sound. 

Hyuk noticed that Mark was standing by their practice room door.

 

“May I have a word with you?” 

 

As Hyuk knew what conversation he was about, he gladly agreed.

 

They left the room and found a quiet place to start talking. As Mark was not ready to say anything, Hyuk did the starting part.

 

“How is Tisha?” asked Hyuk as a starter.

“She’s getting weak by days,” answered Mark sadly.

“Did you …meet her?” asked Hyuk reluctantly, and Mark shook his head as no.

“Why?” he questioned, baffled. 

“She didn’t want to meet anyone. She must have hated me. Only Sowon was allowed to enter her room,” replied Mark with a sorrowful look. 

“Did she personally inform you that she would not meet anybody?” Hyuk asked again for confirmation. 

“No. It was the message delivered by Sowon. We were not brave enough to approach her after that,” reasoned Mark.

“Are ing kidding me, Mark? You should be by her side,” Hyuk got angry.

“That was why I’m here,” stated Mark, which confused Hyuk more.

“I don’t understand!” commented Hyuk. 

“Please….please help me meet her,” begged Mark.

 

Hyuk just stared at him pathetically. He was too mad and was not in the mood to scold Mark harshly. 

 

If only Mark didn’t plan to confess to Tisha, she would have become his gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter