Chapter 7

Glory days and ways

Chapter 7

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We set into the parking lot of the resturant and I can already tell that it's fancy. I get out and see Eunseo, Mi-Hee, and Jisoo getting out of thier cars too.

I immediately ignore my family and go straight to them. The girls do the same.

"Well, well dont we all look great!" Comments Eunseo.

"I second that." Says Jisoo.

"Well, shall we go in?" I asked hesitantley.

"Yup..lets go!"

We link arms and walk towards the entrance. We step inside and I gasp.

"Omo! there is so many people!"

It seemed like the whole resturant was booked for this party because it was only filled with buissness men or women with thier children. We stand there for a second to absorb the atmosphere.

"Areum! Eunseo! Jisoo! Mi-Hee!'

We turn around and see Jung waving his hand in the air, signaling us to come over. We walk in a single file with the click-clack of the heels marking our entrance.

"Why is it always Jung who calls us over?" Eunseo asks.

"Maybe he likes one of us? I answer with a laugh.

For some reason looks Eunseo looks down and becomes quiet. We finally get to the table and sit down. All the boys are here.

" Hello ladies! you all look great tonight" says Dae-Jung with a wink.

I have to admit all the guys look pretty good with thier suits and all. I turn to him and smile.

"Thanks, you guys dont look to bad yourself" I reply.

He gives me a smile. I look across the table and see Chin-Hwa spaced out he is looking out the window with that same furrow-browed expression. But something about it was so attractive. I tilt my head to get a better view of him. He is wearing a dark grey suit with a dark red collar shirt completed with a black tie. His usual black messy hair was combed and slick. I can't help but admire him.

"Yah Areum! Get yourself together!"

Before anyone could notice anything I tear my eyes away from Chin-Hwa and I make eye contact with Hyuk. Nervously my eyes wonder to anywhere that is not his. I try to make conversation

"So do any of you know what this whole gathering is about?"

"Your parents didn't tell you?" Replies a confused Dae-Jung. "I talked to it with Hana when she walked in and she knew."

 

"Classic move by my parents , of course they would tell Hana and not me." I sigh and turn to look out the window but before I completley look out I see Chin-hwa turn and look at me through the corner of my eye.

I suddenly feel a weird feeling and I want to leave the table. I grab my purse and stand up.

"Im going to the ladies room, I will be back."

Without waiting for a reply I turn and walk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After I refresh myself I make my way to the table and see that there are menus.

"So the waitress just came and gave us the menus so decide what what you want to eat."

I open my menu book and Mi-Hee squeals.

"There playing Blackpink Listen!!!" She says. I listen and quickly recognize the quiet beggining of "As if it's your last". I'm instantley in a better mode and the girls and I can't help but sing along

"So tonight wont you set me freeee!"

Forgetting about our menus we are ingulfed into the world of Blackpink. We are singing and dancing our best while sitting on our chairs.

"Blackpink in you area, Blackpink in your!"

 

As soon as we fnished the whole restarant claps at our mini performance.

"Omo I didnt think we were that loud!" Says an embarressed Eunseo while rubbing the back of her head.

We all giggle and return to our menus. I look through the endless possibilities of options and finally decide on a special chicken sushi roll with a side of rice and a small soup.

"Anyaseo, are you all ready to order your meals?"

I look up to the owner of the voice and I see a pretty waitress.

No not pretty, stunning.

She makes me feel uncomfortable because her beauy is just too much and it's not helping that all the guys are giving her flirty glances eiether.

Chin-Hwa for tthe first time that night speaks up.

"Yes we are."

"Alright so what would you handsome boys like to order." Says the waitress with a flirty smile.

I can't stand it anymore so I turn away. I make eye contact with the girls and they roll thier eyes at the situation.

"How about you girl? What would you like to order? She sounds almost bored when she asks us. I raise my eyebrows at her rudness but continue to say my order and the other girls follow.

"Your food will be ready soon!" With that she turns around but not without one more lingering glance at the boys. Once she is far enough I scoff. "Could you guys have been anymore shamless with the flirting? You guys all pounced on her at once!"

 "What? Are you jealous Areum-ah?" Chin-Hwa says in a sarcastic and mocking tone.

I give him a hard stare. "There is noting to be jealous of."

Chin-Hwa lookes slightly hurt but quickly covers it up.

"Oh please you want all the attention you can get Areum" He replies.

"Me!? Attention?! Please Chin-Hwa your asking for attention when you date the schools most annoying, ruddest and attention-seeking girl of the school!"

"Are you sure your not talking about yourself?"

I gasp. That jerk! I pick up my glass of water and spill it on his face.

From the look on his face he is shocked and looks angry but I don't care.

"Girls i'm not sitting here can we go somewhere else?

They all nod there heads and quickly get up but before we leave I bend down and whisper into Chin-Hwa's ear

"Thats why you dont mess with me, Chin-Hwa-ah" I give him a fake sweet smile.

The look on his face is stone cold but he cant help but put on a sly smirk.

"You got me this time Areum but watch your back, you never know whats coming for you."

I narrow my eyes at him then turn around.

"Oh my god Areum! That was intense!" Says Mi-Hee after we are far enough.

"Ya you got him good" Adds Jisoo.

"What do you think he meant by you never know whats coming for you?" Eunseo asks with a concerned look on her face.

I turn to look at them.

"Does it matter?! Whats little Chin-Hwa going to do to me? Make me fall at a dance pracitise or something?!"

I laugh at my own joke and walk to a clear table.

Watch my back? You watch yours Chin-Hwa, no one messes with Areum and gets away with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The rest of the night was pretty much eating and just talking with the girls. No one brought up the incident with Chin-Hwa from earlier. From the corner I see my mom and the girls moms signalling us over.

"Guys I think we have to go over there." I say while pointing to our waving mothers.

We pick up our clutches and make our way down the hallway.

"Hello girls I want you to meet some  people. She gestures to the people standing just a few meters in front of us

"So this is.Mr. Park with his wife Yuju and there baby girl. We are thinking of making a new buissness deal with them."

We all shake hands with the couple and I look at the baby.

She was so cute I coudn't help but smile. We make eye contact and she sticks out her arms in my direction.

I usually have bad experiences with kids so I was happy at how this one was acting.I accept her gesture and craddle her in my arms. She pulls at my dress to get closer and she smiles, warming my heart.I let out a soft sweet laugh that comes from my heart. I haven't laughed like that in a while. The girls and boys look at me surprised that i'm so happy I ignore them. I'm not sure why but this babies actions were making me so happy.

Ignoring everyone around me I sit down at the nearest table and play with the child. I gently tickle her stomach and she lets out an adorable genuine baby laugh. I can't help but join her. We laugh together and I continue to play with her untill I hear a flash.

I turn and see my mom smiling with her phone in her hand. I look away sheepishly, I got to carried away with the baby.  Dragging myself back up I walk to Yuju and hand her back her baby. She gives me a motherly smile and whispers in my ear.

"Your going to be a great mother one day."

I can feel my cheecks burning up from embarressment so I turn around, my hair covers my face as a shield.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I tilt my head. My mother is standing in front of me."Grab your bag honey were going home now."

I nod my head and grab my clutch. I look around for a girls but there not in the store.Looking out the window I find that all of them are outside with there parents, including the boys.

Seeing that everyone was already outside I get out of the store quickly.

"Areum watch out!"

I gasp as my foot falls into the hole in the ground making me loose balance. I am about to hit the floor when strong arms grab mine and hurl me towards them so that I hit there chest.

I look up and see myself staring into the eyes of Chin-Hwa.

I notice his hair is sort of back to it ntural waves probably because of the water I spilled on him.

I like it.

"Ah-hem"

The noise of someone clearing there throat brings me back to reality and I realize i'm standing awfully close to Chin-hwa, basically on top of him. I quickly move back to get into our appropiate space bubbles.

"Uh thanks, that wound have hurt pretty bad if I fell."

"No problem."

With that he turns around and walks towards his parents car. I hadn't realized everyones eyes were watching us. Embaressed for the second time that night I make my way towards the girls and they give me a strange look.

"Okay what was that about? You guys were like staring at each other." Asks a suspisious Jisoo.

"I-I dont even know."

Its the truth.

I dont know.

Or maybe I do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~