Chapter 13

Glory days and ways

Chapter 13

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up with a terrible headache. I look around and see the rest of the girls clutching their heads and stomachs.

Yup. We’re hungover.

“Morning.” I say in a groggily voice.

I receive a couple of groans as a response. Slowly, I lift myself up and lean my back up against the wall. Taking a good look at the girls, I realise we aren’t feeling too bad, just a little headache that’s all!

“Cmon girls! Its just a little headache! We can handle it!”

Eunseo shoots herself up.

“Ah! I got up too fast! My head! But anyways we can get through this! C’mon girls, let’s get ready!

“I agree let’s go get dressed and make ourselves look great!” Answers Jisoo.

Mi-Hee lets out a big groan and pulls her covers over her head.

“Yah! Mi-Hee! Let’s go!”

“Im coming!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jisoo’s house had enough bathrooms for all of us to have our own place to wash up. I had already taken a shower and changed my clothes. I wore black ripped skinny jeans with a cropped tight white tank top and a red plaid shirt on top. I added all white sneakers and small silver hoop earrings. I put my hair into a high pony tail and leave a couple of front hairs to frame my face. For makeup, I keep it simple and just do the usual face routine with eyebrows, blush and mascara.

Once I’m finished getting ready I head downstairs and see the other girls already starting breakfast.

“Ahh there you are Areum! You always take long to get ready.”

“And I always end up looking the best.” I reply with a wink.

They roll their eyes at my cockiness and continue to cook.

“So, what’s for breakfast today!”

“We’re going for an American styled classic breakfast! Pancakes with maple syrup with a side of fruit.

“Oh, I can cut the fruit.”

“Okay, get the strawberries, apples, and honeydew from the fridge and cut it into that bowl that’s behind you on the counter.”

Turning around, I immediately see the bowl and grab it to put it on the counter in front of me. I head towards the fridge and grab all the fruits that I was asked to cut. I hum a tune, and cut the fruit into little diced squares. Everyone is working silently, but it was a nice silence. We are all working hard and greeting the morning with a positive energy.

Nearly half an hour later, we finish making everything and have baked enough food for an army.

“Guys did we really need to make this much?”

“Don’t worry honey, I will eat it!” Says Mi-Hee.

We giggle and start to pile the food onto our plates.

Ding dong!

We look to each other with confused expressions.

“Jisoo, are you expecting someone to come to your house?”

“No.” Says an equally confused Jisoo who slowly gets up to answer the door.

Ding dong!

“I’m coming!”

“I wonder who it is.” Says Eunseo.

“There interrupting our breakfast!” Mi-Hee adds with an eye roll.

They are.”

Jisoo then comes back into the kitchen with an unreadable expression on her face.

“Looks like it’s a good thing that we made so much food girls, we have company.”

The three of us sitting at the table, turn and look at the entrance and can’t believe our eyes.

“Hello ladies! I hope you girls didn’t start eating without us!” Says Jung with a charming smile.

Behind him walks in Hyuk, Dae-Jung, and Chin-Hwa.

Oh my god.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Guys I told you we should have at least sent a text before we came! Areum is so surprised is wide open.” Exclaims Hyuk.

Embarrassed, I immediately close my mouth and turn the side to hide my slightly red face.

“Well, have a seat and eat breakfast before the food gets cold!”

The boys didn’t need to be told twice, the all take a seat. Luckily there was no free seats around me, so I didn’t have a chance of having an awkward encounter with Chin-Hwa

Chin-Hwa.

I look up at him and I am surprised to see him already staring at me. Flustered, I quickly look away and avoid eye contact.

Mi-Hee clears and looks at the boys. “So, not to be rude or anything, but…why are you guys here?”

Curious for an answer we all look at them.

Dae-Jung answers. “Well we were hanging out, then we were bored and didn’t know what to do and we all saw your social media posts last night, so we figured if you guys were having a sleep over that you would still be here, and it looked like you guys were having fun, so we decided to join!”

“But for real, is this what girls always eat at sleepovers because if so, I am lowkey sad I’m not a girl.”

We all stop eating and stare at Hyuk.

“Guys I’m joking chill.”

“Your so dam weird Hyuk.” Says Chin-Hwa with a laugh.

“Okay, who made these pancakes! This is so good!” Asks an amazed Jung.

I take this opportunity to help Eunseo with her love life.

“It was Eunseo!” I exclaim. “Isn’t she just a great cook!”

“Wow you made this Eunseo!?” Its so good!” Jung says to her with a smile.

“Oh, a-ah thanks!” She replies with a shy smile.

Happy with my work I smile and take a bite of a strawberry.

“So, what do you girls have planned after breakfast?” Asks Dae-Jung.

Jisoo looks confused. “To be honest we didn’t think of anything.”

“Do you guys have any ideas? Suggests Mi-Hee.

“Well, I think we do.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my gosh! I love it! Let’s go!

All the girls are jumping in joy with the boys, but I notice Chin-Hwa stays farther back, standing closer to me.

“Do you like amusement parks?” He asks me.

“I love them!” I reply with excitement.

I see him smirk from the corner of my eyes.

“I told you guys that I would have a great idea!” States Dae-Jung. “I cant believe you forgot that today was the last day for the amusement park, This one is so famous and only comes every couple of years!”

“Yes, thanks for reminding us Dae-Jung!”

“No problem.”

“So, were all dressed right?

“Ya, we just need our purses.”

“Oh Jisoo!” I exclaim. “I need a hat; can I borrow that black Nike one?

“Areum, its not even that sunny outside.” Hyuk informs me.

“Oh it’s for the aesthetic!” I reply before I head upstairs.

I quickly grab my dark brown purse and shove all my essentials in there.

“Areum!”

I turn around and catch the black hat before it crashes into my face.

“Thanks, Jisoo!”

“Okay girls let’s go! The place open in 30 minutes!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I park my car and quickly get out. I take a good look around me and smile at the sight. Big fun rides with new creations and old fan favourites. I couldn’t have been more excited.

The other are standing in a circle and I run towards them.

“Ajah! Let’s go! Palli Palli! Im so excited! I start to run towards the line.

“Yah Areum wait up!”

“Palli Palli!”

I get to the check stand breathless. The guy working the admission back was turned away. I clear my throat to get his attention.

Oh my god. He is so handsome.

He flashes me a flirty smile and looks me up and down.

“Hello beautiful, how many tickets are you getting today?”

“8.”

He begins to rip eight tickets and takes a few flirtatious glances at me, I blush and look away.

Once everyone pays, he hands the tickets out one by one giving me mine last.

“Have a nice day!” He says.

I smile and turn away.

“Wait!”

I turn around and he hand me a folded white paper.

“Call me.”

I chuckle at him and catch up with the rest of the group.

“Areum that boy was totally flirting with you!” Exclaims Jisoo.

“What’s that paper he gave you?”

I open the folded paper and I see a number with the words call me.

“Oh my! He gave you his number! He was really cute!” Says Mi-Hee.

My eyes catch a nearby trash can and I make my way straight towards it. Without hesitation, I crumble the paper and throw it into the trash.

“Tsh, does he really think he can get me like that? How desperate does he think I am? He will go do that to another girl in 20 minutes.

“Ya Areum! You go girl!” Eunseo gives me a high five and a look of approval.

I glance at the boys and they look annoyed. Confused, I just look back at the girls,

“Alright so where do we start?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m not exaggerating when I say we have been here for hours.

Its been five hours.

“I think we have done every ride here!” Says Eunseo.

“No, we haven’t” Replies Jung. “There is still the mega roll roll.

“Hell no! Absolutely not! I’m not doing that!” Shouts Mi-hee.

“Common girls, it shouldn’t be that bad!” Let’s do it!”

They all look at me like I’m crazy.

“Areum your insane.”

“I second that.”

“I third that.”

“Come on guy! You have to live a little!”

“Areum I swear if I get a heart attack or somehow injure myself while I’m on this ride your paying for my insurance.” States Jisoo.

“C’mon! Let’s go!” Shouts Dae-Jung.

The line wasn’t to long, so we were put on right away.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, please seat yourselves in pairs of two, remember to remain seated at all times and keep in mind that this ride has steep falls. Thank you and have a safe ride.

Since Chin-Hwa was standing behind me in line, he is sitting beside me for the ride.

He looks over at me.

“You look scared.”

“Pfft! I am not! I love roller coasters.”

“Yes, but this is a different kind of roller coaster, this one is really intense.

“I can handle it.”

Mi-Hee who was sitting in the row in front of us turns around and faces me.

“Areum I am literally peeing myself, I’m so scared!”

“Its going to be fine ju-“

The ride starts, and we are instantly moved forward at a fast rate. I gasp and hold tightly onto the handle bar.

We keep going higher, and higher, the ride starts to slow down and I start to feel sick at how high up me are.

Then we went straight down.

“AHHHHH!!!!!! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, AHHHHHHH!”

“AREUM CALM DOWN!”

“CHIN-HWA! OH MY GOD! AHHHHH.

I felt like I was dying, and it was terrifying.

After what seemed like 17 years the ride is finally over and I’m a wreck. I can’t move because I am in complete shock.

“That was surprisingly really fun!” Say Mi-Hee.

“Look at Areum! She is ruined!”

I could barley get out of my seat because of my state, I was still so scared.

“Mrs, are you still seated because you want to go on another time!”

“No! I mean n-no thank you!”

I quickly scramble off the seat and sigh once I see the girls and boys laughing at me.

“Areum said we would be fine but she is the most traumatised out of all of us!

“Ah the irony.”

“She was so scared I don’t even think she realised that she grabbed on to my arm for like the whole ride!” Saya Chin-Hwa who gives me a subtle wink.

My jaw drops, and I curse myself for being so unaware of my actions. The group finds it hilarious and bursts into a chorus of laughter once again.

Once everyone had calmed down we start to walk again.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving, plus me and the girls have to get ready for school tomorrow.”

“Today was fun! I would have never though that I would actually expect to have fun with you guys!” Sneers Mi-hee.

“Expect the unexpected! Replies Hyuk in a sassy tone.

We laugh once again and start to make our way back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~