Chapter 5

Glory days and ways

Chapter 5

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't even bother to meet up with the girls before class because we have first period together. I went to my locker and put away the notebooks that I didn't need for the morning. Im still feeling pretty down because of my nightmare from earlier, I just wish there was someone who could comfort me. Because that is something I really want.

I lock my locker then make my way to the 4th floor. Like I said earlier my school is pretty big. It has about 2,500 student from grades 9-12 so there is a little over 600  students in every grade. We have a basement floor, main floor, and then two floor above that. Its a pretty rich school and only Seoul's wealthiest familes can afford to go here. The only other way to attend this school would be through a scholarship program.

Since my locker is on the main floor I don't really feel like walking all the way to the 4th floor so I take the elevator. I step inside and don't even bother looking at the other people who are in there. I just go straight to the corner and take out my phone, to make sure I still look okay I open my camera app and stare at my reflection. Everything still looks good so I close the camera and wait for the elevator to reach my floor.

Once it reaches my floor I quickly get off and make my way towards my English class, there is only about 5 minutes until class will start. I look at my schedule to see exactly what room number my class is in and its room 403. It takes about a minute but I find the room then walk in.

The class is almost full and I see many familliar faces.

"Areum!"

I turn around and Jisoo is frantically waving her hand to where her, Eunseo, and Mi-Hee are already sitting. I give a small smile and make my way to thier direction.

"Here! We saved you a seat." Eunseo points to a seat right beside her.

I put my bag down and pull the chair out so I can sit.

"The class looks pretty big this year, there are more kids then usual." Comments Mi-Hee.

Then the bell rings and Mrs.Kim walks in.

"Anyaseyo! Its Mrs. Kim if you were in my home room class yesterday, when I was talking, you would remember me saying that I teach English. If you weren't in that homeroom then I am Mrs.Kim and I will be your teacher for English this year!"

She finishes with a warm smile. We all clap and say Anyaseyo back to her. I have a feeling that I will like her a lot.

"Alright as you know this is a advanced English class so we will be doing tough things this year. So what we are going to do is start off with a novel study. We will be talking about the most well known English author, William Shakespeare. First off you are all going to do a research project on him then as a class we will start to read some of his novels."

Then the class erupts with a series of groans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of my morning was okay, I had Science with Mi-Hee and then Math. Its now lunch and i'm dying out of hunger. We decided that Jisoo's locker is where we are going to meet because its in the middle of everything.

"Guys i'm actually starving!" Says Eunseo.

"I know! If Jisoo dosent come in like 30 seconds I will punch her!" Mi-Hee replies.

Jisoo walks in with a confused experession. "Wait, why am I being punched?"

"Just lets go please!" I plead.

We quickly make our way to the cafeteria and stand in line. But we are all the way at the back and the line is pretty long.

"Ugh! Why is it so long today!"

"Because we took a long time to get here!"

"Hey I can see the boys towards the front can we ask to cut them?!" Asks a deperate Mi-Hee.

Eunseo's face lights up and grabs Mi-Hee's shoulder. "Yes Mi-Hee thats a wonderful idea! Lets go!"

Eunseo walks towards them and clears .

"Uh hey guys, do you mind if we cut you please because the line is so long and we are all starving.

Chin-Hwa and Jung open thier mouths and reply at the same time.

"No."

"Yes."

Jung turns to Chin-Hwa with a surprised look.

"Yah Chin-Hwa be nice!"

He then looks at us.

"Of course you guys can! Ladies first!"

I see Chin-Hwa roll his eyes.

"Oh my gosh Jung, thank you, your the best!" I say with a bright smile.

Jung smiles at all of us.

"Anytime ladies!"

"Wow its rare to see Areum smile that wide" Says a surprised Hyuk.

I shrug my shoulders and raise my eyebrows and turn around to get into our new spots in line. 

I look at the menu and my mouth waters at all the great looking options.

"You guys the seasoned chicken with rice, salad, and a side of sushi looks really good. Im getting that" I say with confidence. 

After a couple of minutes we are sitting at our table with our food.

"Eat well guys!"

With that we dig in and eat.

"Do you girls mind if we eat lunch here today?"

We look up and see Jung, Dae-Jung, and Hyuk. I'm in shock and I start chocking.

"Mi-Hee, give her water!'

Somehow a water bottle hits my head and now I am laughing and chocking while Eunseo, is trying to smack my back. After a few minutes we all calm down and the boys look at us like were crazy.

Mi-Hee squints her eyes in suspision. "Why do you guys want to sit with us all of a sudden? Where is Chin-Hwa?"

Hyuk sighs. "We can't stand Mina and her friends and we don't want to sit there but Chin-Hwa is staying there for Mina.

"I mean sure, you could sit here." Answers Jisoo.

Hyuk and Jung sit on Eunseo's and Jisoo's side, while Dae-Jung sits beside me and Mi-Hee.

I look around and everyone in the cafeteria is staring at our table.

Hyuk notices me looking. "Don't mind the stares."

I laugh at his words.

"You think i'm intimidated by them? If those girls have something to say they can come and fight me."

"Damm, that sass girl!" Mi-Hee says while nudging me.

I notice that Chin-hwa is not sitting far from us and I can't help but stare at his handsome face. All his friends are handsome but Chin-hwa sticks out to me. With clear skin, perfect lips, sharp jaw line, tossled black hair, and piercing dark brown eyes, he really is breath taking. I can see why every girl likes him.

"Yah! Areum!" Mi-Hee shouts while smacking my arm hard.

I immediatley snap out of it and hold my arm
"Yah! Why did you hit me?! That hurt!"

"Because I called your name three times!" What were you staring at that was so interesting?!"

I try to keep my face neutral and take a quick glace at the table and I notice the boys giving me an interesting look, I ignore them and turn back to Mi-Hee.

"It was nothing, I just zoned out."

She gives me a weird look which I ignore and continue to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rings signalling the end of my Korean Studies class. Before we all leave she starts yelling.
"Dont forget to do your homework tonight, its the white paper at the front on my desk, take a copy!"

I take a copy and quickly get out of the class. Since this class was on the main floor it didnt take me long to get to my locker. My next class is dance club and I get my dance bag from my locker. I don't use the same bag for my dance classes outside of school. I grab my essentials and make my way to the basement. I see Jisoo not too far in front of me so I call her name.

"Jisoo!'

She turns around and gives me a smile. I jog a little to catch up to her.

"Ahh I like having this class at the end of the day."

"Ya me too, but sometimes it can get tiring if we have dance after school too."

She nods her head.

We open the door to the studio and we head straight for the change room. I quickly chnage into a pair of black tights and a blue tank top. I exit the change room and start to stretch on the side.

"Alright! Anyasayo everyone its Mrs. Choi!"

She looks around and smiles. 

"It nice to see familliar and new faces here!"

"Okay so let's get down to buissness!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it was the first day, dance club was pretty simple and nothing much had happened.

I'm in my car and im about to turn the engine on when I get a text.

I open it up and its from my mom.

The studio called and Mrs. Park has a cold, so classes are dismissed for today.
~Mom
 

I'm lowkey happy that dance is cancelled today because i'm tired. I make my trip home and park my car on the driveway. I don't even bother shouting "Im home!" Because Hana's car isnt here yet and my parents don't come back from work for another 15 minutes. I go straight to my room and change into more comfortable clothes. I open my curatins and the sun is shining beautifully outside.

"Hmm maybe I should go for a walk after dinner, and get some ice cream! I think to myself.

Planning ahead, I change into a light pink short skirt and put on a white tight over the shoulder top. I pair it with some classic brown sandles and a simple but cute brown cross body purse. Since im not leaving now I put my purse to the side and head towards the kitchen. I dont think mom is making dinner tonight because we have left over pasta from yesterday. I open the fridge and put some pasta in a bowl to heat up. 

"Areum, why are you eating dinner so early?"

I turn and see that my mom has come home.

"Uhh im going for a little walk after dinner so I wanted to eat now."

"Oh, alright."

With that, I finished my dinner and quickly washed my mouth, re-applied my lip tint, grabbed my purse and was out the door.

It was refreshing to take a walk at dusk. The streets are filled with old couples walking, and little children playing with one another. I walk a couple blocks then my face lights once I see the sign for my favourite ice cream place. Ice Parlour.

I walk up to the store excited and the cashier was a pretty girl who gave me a warm smile.

"Anyaseyo! Welcome to Ice Parlour!

I smile at her. I already know what kind of ice cream I want so I give her my order.

"I will have a vanilla ice cream with extra spinkles please."

"Okay, your total is 2.75."

I pay and quitely wait for my order on the side.

"Vanilla ice cream with extra sprinkles!"

"Thats me!"

"Here you go, and have a nice evening!"
"You too!"
I step out of the store and try the ice cream. My taste buds are immediately surrounded by sweet goodness.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a bench across the street that is under a pretty tree. I cross the street and make my way towards it.

I sit down and enjoy the treat in front of me. I gently gaze towards my surrondings and everyone seems so happy together. Little kids laughing with thier parents and couples looking at each other lovingly. I feel a sting of pain in my heart.

I want someone to love me like that.

No.

I need someone to love me like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~