Chapter 4

Glory days and ways

Chapter 4

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked down the gloomy hallway, it was dark and lonely. I feel someone touch my shoulders and I turn around.
"Areum! Areum!" Calls a thousand voices. There screaming and yelling, and even though I can't see them I feel the hate through thier nonexisent glares.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Please leave me alone!"
Suddenly out of nowhere Mina walks up towards me. "There is no one who cares about you now Areum, they all left you, even your so called friends."
"No please! Don't leave me" I start sobbing uncontrollably.
They all start to walk away from me. My friends, family, even mina and her friends and the light follows them leaving me in a dark area.
"NO! STOP! DONT GO!"
And I am pulled into the darkness with no one...
 

I instantly wake up and i'm in such an uncomforable state. The tears are rolling down my eyes and im just in shock. I use the back of my hands to wipe my tears but fresh waterfalls keep on coming. I sit up from my bed and look at my clock, its 6:03 I sigh. These nighmares aren't stangers to me. I have been getting them for a while now and they really take a toll on me.

"There is no one who cares about you now Areum, they all left you, even your so called friends."

The scene replays in my head and I can't help but shiver and pull into my covers even more. It's dark in my room still and thats not helping. I start to lightly bang my head on the headboard and try to toughen up, because the endless amount of tears falling right now  are just blurring my vision.

One thing I have noticed about myself is that I get emotional fast and I hate it. But my nightmares are making it worse. I get them about once a month and its been happening since I was about 13. The thing is I havent told anyone about it because I doubt they would understand, sometimes I feel like everyone just judges me and it makes me sad. I am not understood well and I try to conceal my feelings.

I turn and get out of the comfort of my covers and my bare feet touch the coldness of the hard wood floor once again. I quickly put on my slippers and decide to make my way to the bathroom. There is no point in waiting until my alarm goes off because it's in about 20 minutes anyways and I definately cannot go back to sleep after what just happened.

I turn the knob and I step into the wide hallway. Its still silent and the house is dark except for the little light that shines out of Hana's room.

"Hana's awake?" I mumble in confusion.

Forgetting Hana I make my way to the bathroom and lock the door. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I am greeted by my dried tear streaked face, puffy eyes, and a frown. I try to forget what happened and aggressively turn the sink knob. I grab my red toothbrush and brush my teeth in a circular motion.

I quickly wash my face and decide to not take a shower because I just had a shower yesterday. I make my way back towards my room and I realize that the light in my parents room has also been .

I open my closet and start to get my big black and gold purse ready. I put my laptop in with notebooks, a pencil case, and beauty essentials.

I put on a fresh pair of undergarments and floral scented deodorant. I slip on my school uniform and pick the green ribbon today. I decide to curl my hair, so I quickly head to the bathrom and grab the curling iron. I don't like doing my hair in the bathroom So I sit at my makeup stand instead. One by one I curl my hair into pretty bouncy curls. I twist the two front pieces and pin it in the back. For my makeup I do the ususal consisting of bb cream, powder, eyebrows, eyeshadow, mascara and blush. Today I add a thin layer of eyeliner to my upper lid.

The last thing I have to do is pick out my shoes. Today I pick out a pair of black wedges that have a criss cross desgin in the front and ankle straps. Happy with my look I head downstaires for breakfast. I look at the clock on top of the stove and its 7:07. Since I have time today I make myself a special breakfast. Looking through the pantry I decide on eggs and toast. I hum a tune to myself and peacefully start to make my breakfast. Just as I am about to sit and eat I hear someone coming down the staires.

I turn and see my mom and dad coming towards the kitchen.

"Hello Areum" My mom says while giving me an unexpected hug.

I am slow to respond to the sudden embrace.

"Oh uh good morning."

I make eye contact with my dad and he gives me a smile.

Okay this is werid my parents are oddly happy this morning.

"Ohh is that eggs?! I think I want that too! Would you like eggs and toast honey?" My dad says.

"Ohh yess that would be great, I will start making our lunches." Mom replies.

"So are you excited for your first day of classes?" Dad asks.

I put down my fork and give him a look.

"Appa, do you really think I would be excited?"

"Of course!"

I continue to eat and my parents start a conversation with each other and I zone out. A couple of minutes later Hana enters the kitchen too.

"Hana dear!" My mom exclaims. "You look so pretty today!"

"Hana!" Did you sleep well?" My dad asks her.

Wow she got warm welcome. I feel awkward and sink into my sit and try to ignore how different my parents greeted me and Hana. I quickly finish my food and put my dishes in the sink.

"Areum, what time are you leaving for school?"

I check my phone and its 7:45.

"Umm im leaving in like seven minutes, and i'm taking my car!"

Before anyone could say anything else I get upstaires and clean myself up. I take out my red lip tint and start to apply it when I hear two voices coming up the staires.

"Hey Hana do you have some blush I could use? I forgot mine at home" Asks a oddly familiar voice.

I peek my head outside the bathroom and see Yerim taking to Hana. Before she notices me I quickley get back into the bathroom and continue to apply the lip tint.

"I think I left it in the washroom, come with me and you could use it in there."

Just a couple seconds later They both walk in. I look at Yerim and She gives me a heartless "Hi."

I answer "Hi" back and finish my routine. Hana left to do something in her room and its just us two, the tension is real and I can see her giving me judging looks out of the corner of my eye. She keeps doing it and it's annoying me. She does it once again and I look right at her and she turns away embarrassed. I smirk and leave the washroom, get my bag and head towards my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I plug in my phone to connect it to my cars sound system and pick songs to play. My face brightens as I pass by Wonder Girls. I really love some of there songs, so I decide this morning is going to be a Wonder girls throwback.

The first is "Tell me" and I can't help but smile. This song has so many memories. I roll down all my windows and play the music loud and sing along

"Tell me tell me t-t-t-t-t-tell me!"

I stop at the stop light and look to my left while im still singing and gasp a little.

Chin-Hwa, Dae-Jung, Jung, Hyuk are in the car beside me and are all laughing at me. I brush them off and sing because its Yubin's rap and thats my favourtie.

"Hit me one time baby dasi hanbeon!"

I continue to rap with passion, and drive again because its time to go.

The song ends but another classic starts playing. Its "Nobody."

"I want nobody noboby but you!"

Im really happy. Music has that effect on me. It puts in me in such a good mood, thats one of the reasons I love dance so much because it makes me feel connected with the music.

Next song was "Why so lonley."

Honeslty I think this song represents how I would be in a relationship.

I finally turn into the schools parking lot and go to my assigned spot. I look at my phone and its 8:07. I still got some before class. I stay in my car to listen to a song more or two then finally get out.

"Looks like you were having a lot of fun driving today Areum"

I turn around and Jung is giving me a playful look. I smile at him.

"Yes it was very fun indeed."

With that I walk into the school builing to start another day at Seoul High.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~