Happy

Best of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin glared at the box of chocolates on his desk. 

He didn’t have to read the note that was attached to it to know who they were from, the omega could smell it. His office smelled more and more like the teen every week. 

Jongin picked up the note and glanced at the childlike handwriting written on the paper. 

I don’t know if you like sweets or not, but I got these for you.  I hope you like them. 

He didn’t sign his name and Jongin was grateful for that. If anyone knew that the person who was leaving gifts for him every week was a student, Jongin could say goodbye to his job and probably his entire career. No one would even look twice at his resume once they saw that his omega pheromones got him tangled up with a student. 

Jongin dropped the box of chocolates and note into his trash bin. He could no longer entertain this mess. He should have put a stop to it from the start. 

With him having a master’s degree in psychology, he could read others pretty easily. 

With him being an omega, he was sensitive to others’ emotions, 

With him being an unmated omega, reading an alpha's hormones was in his DNA. 

The counselor could sense Sehun’s attraction to him from the first day he met him. He understood what Sehun was feeling before the boy himself even knew. It’s possible that Sehun was still unaware of why he was acting and feeling the things he was. 

However, Jongin worked at a high school with teenagers who were still going through changes in their bodies and minds. He knew that. He understood and he was usually pretty good at helping the students cope with their new feelings and urges.

 But unlike Sehun, none of those students ever directed those feelings towards him. 

It caught the teacher off guard at first. His choker was supposed to suppress not only his urges but the urges of the alphas around him. Every unmated omega was required, by law, to wear a collar until the day they are mated. The collars were designed to mask an omegas scent and also prevent the omega from because sensitive to the scent of an alpha. It was usually effective, but there were sometimes pheromones were too strong and accidents happened. 

Schools especially were strict on keeping unmated omegas away from hormonal teens. They would much rather be safe, than sorry, and decided that keeping one of the variables away could prevent any possible problems. 

Jongin was the luckiest unmated omega alive to have gotten his job. No matter how great his credentials were, one look at his collar and he was quickly turned away 

Jongin could not- no, he would not do anything to jeopardize his job. He loved working with kids and helping them with cope with personal and school-related problems. He was damn good at it too. 

He refused to let one hormonal alpha cost him his career over a silly crush. 

Absolutely not. 

~.~.~.~

Sehun had spent these past three weeks getting used to his new school. He had even made a couple of friends who were foreigners like him. 

“So basketball tryouts are Friday. You going to go for it?” his new friend, Vernon, asked. 

“Hell yeah,” Sehun replied before taking a swig out of his water bottle, “ Hopefully I can make team captain too!” 

The beta laughed, “I’m sure they’ll hand it right to you. You’ll be the only pure alpha on the team.” 

Sehun frowned, “That shouldn’t matter.” 

“But you know that it does.” 

The alpha didn’t comment. There was no use because Vernon was right. Sehun has always been given everything he wanted with no effort needed. Of course, he worked hard toward his goals, but the way society was set up, even if Sehun never lifted a finger, the world would still be his if he willed it to be. 

Alphas were rare. Pure alphas were even rarer. They were rare because it meant both parents were alphas. That was uncommon because alphas didn’t like to be challenged. They liked the control and wanted their partner to follow orders with no objections. Not every alpha was bad, but some could be cruel and would harm their partner if they ever disobeyed them.

Sehun tossed his empty milk carton into a trash bin halfway across the cafeteria, earning a small applause from the other students. He pulled his backpack over one shoulder and stood up from the table. 

“I catch you after class, V.” 

Vernon nodded, “See ya.” 

Sehun ignored the starstruck gazes he was receiving and left the cafeteria. It was still lunchtime so the halls were clear for the most part. There was the occasional student working on a last minute project or a couple making out in the corner, but Sehun simply minded his business and proceeded to his destination. 

He opened the door to the main offices, “Hello, Ms.Sooyoung.”


The secretary smiled just like she did on his first day there, “Hello, Sehun. How are you?” 

“Good. Is Mr. Kim in his office?” 

Sooyoung nodded, “He is.” 

“Thank you,” The alpha teen smiled and made his way to the guidance counselor's office. 

He didn’t bother knocking and let himself in. As always, Jongin was sitting gracefully behind him eating his lunch. 

“Hey, Mr. Kim,” Sehun flopped down in the chair across from the omega adult, “How’s it going?”

Jongin gave a small smile, “It’s been a good day, Sehun. I’m assuming it’s been a good day for you as well?”

“Why do you assume that?” 

Jongin looked slightly confused, “You seem cheery.”

Sehun shrugged, “Strange, I was feeling crappy just a few moments ago.”

It was quiet for a few moments and Sehun wondered if Jongin had heard him. 

Finally, the question the alpha was anticipating was asked. 

“Do you want to talk about it?” 

Sehun grinned widely. He loved talking to Jongin. He made the alpha feel like he could do anything. Whether they were big or small, Jongin made Sehun’s problems go away with ease. 

Over the past few weeks, Sehun had told Jongin about his life back in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter