This Isn't Like Me..

Best of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for your patience! Here is the 6th chapter! I hope you all enjoy it. Please leave comments and feedback. 

Unbetaed...as always. Sorry. 

 

 

Mate…

Sehun realized that it was his father who was pulling him away from the omega and that realization only made the pure alpha growl loudly.  

“Sehun, hush. We have guests,” his father growled back. 

Sehun’s muscles tightened, a large angry vein shooting up his neck. He glared at his father with eyes of pure hatred. But he didn’t hate his father, not like the older man hated him. No, he only hated that his father was dragging him away. Away from the party. Away from the fun. Away from...Jongin. 

“Mate,” Sehun whined. 

His father’s eyes were wide when he turned and looked back at him. 

“Mate? Here? Who?” 

The teen didn’t answer. He honestly had no clue about what he was saying. All he knew was that his blood was on fire and his body hurt. 

“What’s happening to me, Dad?” 

They finally made it to his father’s study. The older alpha closed and locked the large wooden doors and tossed Sehun down into a chair. 

“You’re going into your rut.” 

“Rut,” Sehun heavily panted, “What’s that?” 

His father sat on the edge of his desk, his arms crossed over his broad chest, “It’s basically the equivalent to an omega’s heat, except not as often and is a lot shorter. But, you will have the strong urge to impregnate someone. Honestly, I didn’t think you would have yours so soon.” 

Sehun ripped off his suit jacket and threw it on the floor. It was so ing hot. 

“What does that even mean, Dad. How do I make it stop? It’s my birthday. I can’t suffer like this. People are here.” 

Mr. Kim is here, is what he wanted to say. 

“It means...you’re ready to start courting a mate,” his father pulled out some pills from his desk drawer and held them out from the sweating teen, “Here. These will stop the burning and suppress the rut long enough to finish the party.” 

Sehun snatched the pills and quickly gulped them down dry. It was uncomfortable but his body was burning and he wanted it to stop..fast. 

He was thankful when his skin began to feel cooler and his blood didn’t seem to rush through his body at a hundred miles per hour. 

His father didn’t say anything as he stared at his son. 

Before Sehun could ask any more questions, there was a sharp knock on the door. 

His father inhaled and sighed when he recognized the scent, “What is it, Jessica?” 

“Yunho, is Sehun in there? I...smell him...everywhere. Is he okay?” 

Sehun looked at his father who seemed irritated. But then again, when did he not look irritated? 

“He’s fine, dear. We are coming out now,” the alpha father spoke. 

Sehun was still confused by this whole ordeal, but he silently followed his father as they exited the office. 

His mother looked at him with sympathy in her brown eyes, “Oh, my sweet boy. Are you okay now?” 

Sehun nodded, “I think so, mother. I just want to get back to my party now.” 

He really hoped Jongin hadn’t left yet. He was dying to see the guidance counselor. He knew that the omega was the only person who could make this crazy day of his seem like it was all worth it. 

~.~.~.~

The feeling hit him after seeing Sehun, well more like smelling Sehun. All of a sudden Sehun smelled like to most delicious thing in the world and the omega instantly felt weak in the knees. 

His grip on Sehun’s gift tightened and his body became tense. 

When they locked eyes, Jongin realized what was going on. 

Sehun looked as if he was going to die if he stayed in his suit for a second longer. The teen’s face was glistening with sweat and his breathing looked heavy and ridged.  

Jongin watched as a man similar to Sehun in looks started to pull the young boy away from the crowd. The teacher’s instincts screamed for Jongin to march over and remove the stranger’s hands from Sehun, but, as usual, the omega listened to his brain. His brain said that the sooner Sehun was out of sight the sooner Jongin could feel in control again. 

Because at the moment, the counselor was paralyzed. The essence Sehun was emitting immobilized the older male and Jongin felt so angry and betrayed by his own body. It wasn’t listening to him at all. He wanted to move away from the situation but his damn body had other plans. 

Plans that consisted of staying put and bathing in Sehun’s captivating aura. 

“Jongin, you okay?” 

Jongin had heard Kyungsoo but for the life of him, he couldn’t move to show his friend any acknowledgment. His eyes were still on Sehun. 

Sehun. 

Sehun. 

Only Sehun. 

Why was he like this? Why? Why did he have to be handicapped so easily be a 16-year-old alpha’s scent? 

Because he was an omega, the lowest kind too. He was a pure omega. And a pure omega’s sole purpose was to do everything in their power to satisfy an alpha. 

Jongin hated was he was. So ing much. 

The moment Sehun was out of the room, Jongin’s body felt heavy and he would have fallen if Kyungsoo hadn’t been there to catch him. 

“Jongin. Jongin, what’s wrong? Are you feeling sick?” 

Jongin couldn’t let  Kyungsoo know how a teenage boy had more power over him in those few moments than he has ever had over himself his entire life. 

Kyungsoo was a beta. He wouldn’t understand. Surely the teacher knew the basics of being an omega, high school -education class covered at least that much, but there was no way the shorter male could truly understand what Jongin was feeling. 

Jongin couldn’t even understand himself. 

“I’m fine. I just need to go to the restroom.” 

~.~.~.~

When Sehun returned, his eyes immediately searched for Mr. Kim. 

The teacher was the only highlight of the night and Sehun wanted to spend the rest of this dreadful party telling the counselor about everything that has happened. 

The suppressants his father had given him stopped the uncomfortable heat, but it was only temporary and Sehun knew he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything else once the pills lost their effect. 

He wanted desperately to spend his remaining sanity talking to Mr. Kim or he would die. He would surely fall over and die from all the his birthday had put him through. 


The alpha teen made his way through the crowd. Unlike before, he didn’t have to create his own path as he pushed through the adults who didn’t pay attention to him. No, this time, it was the adults who parted for him.

Whenever he neared someone, they would stop whatever they were doing and immediately step aside. Their confused faces as they looked down at Sehun made the teen even more self-conscious. Did something happen while he was away with his father? He would remember to ask Mr. Kim when he saw him. 

After a few more unlucky moments of not finding the sought out omega, Sehun let out a frustrated groan. The pills were wea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter