Streams of Silver

The Sun, The Moon and The Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy settled into college life pretty quickly. But the science lectures were interfering with her energy levels. By the time she arrived home, she was too tired to cook. She was lucky that Myungsoo cooked enough food, just enough for her to have a meal.

    She had to sit down to think about him a few times. Of course, she was possibly paranoid, thanks to Sungyeol. But Myungsoo’s presence was becoming hazardous for her. He was the equivalent of carbon monoxide. If she breathed too much, she would end.

    Hence, Suzy took up art classes twice in the week, in the evenings. She met a girl named Sunyoung, whose timid and humble personality instantly enticed Suzy.

    She thought the classes would distract her from Myungsoo. Alas, she felt like she was cursed, because one of Myungsoo’s friends began attending the classes as well. His name was Woohyun. And he was a terrible artist. Suzy hypothesized that Woohyun came to prey on vulnerable girls. He was probably plotting on who should be the next victim in his bed. Unfortunately, his sharp eye had landed on her, and he would not leave her alone.

    “Are you dating?” he asked her one day. Sunyoung was late that evening, and to Suzy's dismay, the master of Casanovas had taken her seat.

    She was awfully irritated with his cheeky smile. So she said yes.

    Woohyun looked like he was hit in the face by a ball. “Please tell me it isn't Myungsoo.”

Again. That name.

    Suzy put her brush away. “So what if it is him?”

His smile stretched from ear to ear, reminding her of a fox that conjured a plan. “Myungsoo has a girlfriend already.”

    Suzy did not remember what she did. But whatever her reaction, Woohyun laughed in her face like a wild horse. He could be lying but he insisted on her in asking Myungsoo. It could not been have true, could it? Woohyun was a sly snake. He could be telling her just so he could succeed in his plan at seducing her.

    He pressed a hand against his jaw as he regarded her, one foot swinging back and forth on his stool.

    “You know, I can't believe Myungsoo would keep it a secret from you. I know he didn't want to tell his family, but it's a shame he didn't tell his best friend.”

    Suzy pursed her lips, urging herself not to punch him. Oh but how she wished to punch him until he should land in another dimension! Punch that nasty fox until he was shot into outer space. She then imagined Woohyun tied to on the prow of a rocket ship, screaming as the rocket continued its journey out of earth. The absurd thought caused her to giggle. Regardless, it seemed to have an effect on Woohyun.

    “Why would I care if Myungsoo has a girlfriend? He's twenty, not a little child.”

Woohyun’s foxy grin had vanished. “Suzy, you are just too good for us men. I can see that you are a lady who needs to be loved.” He pressed a palm over his heart. “And I am a man who is willing to show you what's it like to be loved.” A toothy smile returned. “For a night only.”

    She rolled her eyes. “Not interested.”

He shrugged. “For now, yes. But if you ever need some happily-ever-after, you know where to find me.”

 

Woohyun had planted a worm in her mind. It wiggled about and annoyed her. It constantly squirmed and she could think of nothing else. She did not have to realize why. Hongbin had Lunafreya. Myungsoo had a secret girlfriend. And Jongin was also dating a girl back in his university. For a dangerous second, she even considered taking up on Woohyun’s offer. But she prompted herself not to fall that low.

    She returned early one day, because she was too tired. And she knew it was the best time to confront Myungsoo. He was currently doing his placements in the hospital. Naeun had left a message that she was out socializing and would not be back until midnight.

    Suzy scampered restlessly during the lonely hours. Finally, she heard the key turn the lock, and Myungsoo entered. Exhausted and worn out. He immediately removed his white doctor's coat and opened the top two buttons on his blouse. Then he greeted her.

    She did not strike just yet. She waited for him to take a shower, relax and cook first. It was only until he joined her at the table did she decide to deride him.

    “Who's the girlfriend?”

Myungsoo dropped his fork. His face blanched until he was as white as a ghost. “What?”

    Suzy smirked. “Your secret girlfriend. No, don't give me that look. Your good friend Woohyun spilled all the beans.”

He cursed under her breath. “I won't let him get away with this-”

    “So it's true?”

Silence. A deathly silence.

    “Don't tell Naeun, please?”

Those were the words she wanted to hear. And they cut into her soul like shards of gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter