Illusions of the Moon

The Sun, The Moon and The Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s arrived!”

    Myungsoo pretended to stay calm, but it was as if Hongbin and Jongin were the ones getting married instead. The setting was fine. The flowers and ribbons were neatly arranged, thanks to Sunyoung. His sister and Soojung were arriving with the bride, but he perceived he chose the worst people to be his best mates.

    However, he had to hand it to Hongbin and Jongin for putting up with him. He was quite a sarcastic and nefarious person when under pressure.

Clearing his throat, he straightened his tie. Before he could speak, the organ began playing it’s own variation of the bridal march. The guests in the benches had familiar faces. Sungyeol gave him a wink. To the far left, Woohyun grinned broadly, and even Victoria had come to wish him the best on his wedding day.

    The front doors opened, and a few children entered, sprinkling flower petals over the floor. Then, Naeun and Soojung entered, both wearing pink gowns yet were as disparate as fire and ice. The next person to arrive caused his breath to hitch.

    Suzy looked perfect in white, with that flowing fairytale gown. Even with the diaphanous veil over her face, he could tell that she was as brilliant as the universe that day.

Hongbin nudged him. “You’re a lucky man, Myungsoo.”

    Suzy’s trailing dress was supported by Eunji and her mother, their Matron.

Matron was not only delighted that they had revamped their orphanage into a school for disadvantaged children, but her happiness became eternal when she discovered that her daughter was ready to get married. It was what any mother desired, and Myungsoo’s parents were also elated to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law joining their family soon.

    When she was at the altar, Myungsoo forgot to breathe. His fingers fumbled as he tried to lift her veil. He could barely stop staring at her pretty face. Was she always this beautiful? He could hardly believe he once considered her plain and boring. But she shone like the stars that day, and when she smile, it lit up the whole altar.

    He was almost blinded by her beauty.

Unfortunately, the priest they had chosen for the vows was slow and stuttering. He resisted the urge to snap at the poor old man. Then came the time to place the rings-- but the best moment arrived when the priest joyously said, “You may kiss the bride.”

    Suzy flashed him a mischievous grin, and that was when he scooped her into his arms, kissing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter