Treacherous Heart

If Only

“No, we can’t”

 

Nayoung stands at the side of the pool and was thinking, until Minkyung started taking.

 

“Why? Why can’t we?” Minkyung asked

 

“Because..”

 

“Because what?”

 

Nayoung closed her eyes and didn’t want to answer.

 

“Because what Nayoung? Answer my question! I’ve been trying so hard for you and- ”

 

“Because I don’t want to be apart from you!” Nayoung yelled. She was breathing really hard and began to tear up again. “Because I don’t want to lose you… ever.”

 

Minkyung was still confused. “What do you mean?”

 

Nayoung looked at Minkyung, and sighed, “When 2 people become best friends and end up having a closer relationship, there is a huge chance that they will break up and will not see each other ever.”

 

“Nayoung. That is not going to happen.”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“Nayoung. Do you love me?”

 

“...”

 

“Nayoung. Do you love me or not?!”

 

“Yes! I do. So much.” Nayoung walked to Minkyung and sat down on her chair. She puts her hand on Minkyung’s cheek and her forehead onto Minkyung’s. “I love you so much... but we just can’t right now.”

 

Nayoung was silent for a bit until she said, “But let me do this just once, as a favor from you, and I’ll be good.”

 

Minkyung was confused as to what she was referring to, until Nayoung kissed Minkyung’s forehead, then kissed her right cheek, then the left cheek, then her chin, then her nose, then Nayoung sets her forehead back onto Minkyung’s. Nayoung’s eyes were closed and once she opened it, Minkyung went in for another kiss. The 2 of them gave the attention they wanted from each other by locking their lips, but Nayoung let’s go and gets up.

 

“...we should go back now.”

 

Minkyung was confused and she feels her heart hurting. Nayoung carried her and Minkyung’s stuff, then carried Minkyung on her back. They were heading back into the lobby and went inside the elevator. Both of them were quiet and didn’t say a word. Minkyung then hugged Nayoung from behind tightly.

 

“I’ll wait for you.” she whispers.

 

Nayoung was close to bursting in tears again but she decided to not respond to her statement. As they got inside the room, Nayoung sets Minkyung down on the chair and prepares her shower. Then Nayoung came out with a plastic bag to cover the injured foot of Minkyung.

 

“You go shower first. Just call me when you finish.”

 

Minkyung just nodded and was jumping as Nayoung was assisting her. Nayoung left her in the bathroom and closed the door. Minkyung got out of her bathing suit and got inside the shower. She took her time, because she was secretly crying and trying to grasp everything that just happened. She was in pain. It wasn’t because of her foot. It was because of Nayoung. She loved her so much, but she rejected her.

 

Nayoung, on the other hand, was out in the balcony and was just thinking about all things that just happened. She sighed and puts her head down.

 

“That was the right thing to do right?”

 

Minkyung then called for Nayoung.

 

“I’m coming.”

 

Nayoung assisted Minkyung out in the room and laid her down the bed. She went over Minkyung to grab the blanket and once she tucked her in, their faces were facing closely again at each other. They were staring into each other’s eyes. Nayoung saw the sadness and the pain in Minkyung’s eyes, so she quickly looked away and put her head up.

 

“I’m going to shower now.”

 

As she got inside the shower, her heart was also breaking. The despair that she saw in Minkyung’s eyes, she didn’t like it. Nayoung likes Minkyung so much, but she is hurting her. She knows it, but she knows this is the only way for them to be together forever. Once Nayoung was finished, she went outside the bathroom and saw that Minkyung was sleeping. She walked over to her and sat down. Nayoung was caressing her hair and was staring at her.

 

“I’m sorry that I was hurting you so much today, but I just don’t want to continue hurting you in the future. If we were going to be together, like more than friends, then I feel like I’m going to hurt you even more.” she whispers. “But, if we were to be together, I’ll try my best to make you happy. Just… not right now. I’m not ready.”

 

Nayoung kissed Minkyung and got up from the bed and grabbed some ice from the hallway. Minkyung opened her eyes and teared up. “Nayoung…”

 

Nayoung came back in the room and brought some ice. She puts some of the ice in a small towel and sat next to Minkyung’s injured foot. She unwrapped the bandage and began to ice the foot. Nayoung moved the ice around her foot to soften and soothe itself. She did this for 10 minutes straight. When she finished, she cleans up the room a bit and went to her bed. (This is a 2 queen bedroom).

 

It is 2 am in the morning when Nayoung finished assisting Minkyung and cleaning up the room. She was drained and tired from what happened today. She was just staring outside of the window and looking at the moon. Then she heard a rustling noise on the other side of the bed. Minkyung got up from her bed and was hopping towards Nayoung’s bed. Then she slid in beneath the blankets and laid down.

 

“Hey wh-”

 

“Just let me sleep here for tonight, as a favor from you. Please.”

 

“...ok.”

 

Minkyung and Nayoung were now in one bed. The room was silent and pitch black. The only thing that is shining is the moon coming from the window. Then Minkyung turns over to Nayoung and puts her arm and leg over her.

 

“Your foot Minkyung.”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

Nayoung also turns over and puts her arm under Minkyung’s head and her other arm over her. She didn’t know what she was doing, but she let’s it go for tonight. She just wanted to comfort her. Minkyung buried her face into Nayoung’s chest and whispered. “Thank you… for treating my foot.”

 

Nayoung nodded, but she whispered, “I’m sorry… that I hurt you.”

 

Minkyung looks at Nayoung and said, “I’ll wait for you.”

 

Minkyung then buried her face back into Nayoung’s chest. Then Nayoung patted Minkyung’s back to make her fall asleep.

 

“Thank you.”

 

~

 

It was 10 in the morning and the 2 girls hear someone knocking on the door. However Minkyung hits Nayoung signaling to get the door. Nayoung opens her eyes and let’s go of Minkyung. She gets up from the bed and heads over to the door.

 

“I’m coming.”

 

Nayoung opens the door and see that it was Yebin and Sungyeon. “What do you guys want?”

 

“Nayoung unnie. It’s time for us to go out and eat breakfast.”

 

“Well, I just kind of woke up.”

 

“Did you guys swim late?”

 

Nayoung didn’t want to tell them what happened between them. “No, it’s just Minkyung injured her foot last night from the pool, so I was treating it.”

 

“Oh is she okay?”

 

“Yeah, she should be fine. I think she is still sleeping. Anyways, you guys can go eat breakfast downstairs, we will catch up with you guys later.”

 

“Okay!”

 

Nayoung closed the door and closed the blinds because the sun was too bright. She went back to bed and unconsciously cuddled with Minkyung again. Nayoung, then fell back asleep.

 

Minkyung woke up 30 minutes later and got out of bed. As she was heading to the bathroom, she realized that she was walking normally and her foot doesn’t work.

 

“Whoa.”

 

She started to jump, dance, do some crazy footwork.

 

“WHOA!”

 

Nayoung woke up from the sudden yelling from Minkyung. “What’s happening?”

 

Minkyung ran over to Nayoung. “Nayoung. Look my foot is all healed now!”

 

Nayoung was rubbing her eyes and was still half-asleep. “Oh nice”

 

Minkyung hugged Nayoung, “Thank you!” Then she went to the bathroom and washed up. Nayoung went back to sleep again and waited for Minkyung to finish up.

 

~

 

The girls finally were all together. It’s kind of awkward between Minkyung and Nayoung still. They have been avoiding each other by splitting the younger ones. They continued to walk around the strip and go sight seeing. Nayoung bought some stuff with Sungyeon, while Yebin and Minkyung went to a jewelry store.

 

“Minkyung unnie, how is your feet?”

 

“It’s okay now thanks to Nayoung.”

 

Minkyung was looking at necklaces and was looking at it with detail. She asked the worker if she can see a few.

 

“Are you buying a necklace for yourself Minkyung unnie?”

 

“No.”

 

“Oh who are you buying it for?”

 

“Na- Someone.”

 

“It’s Nayoung unnie right?”

 

Minkyung was silent. She continued to look at the different necklaces.

 

“Are you and Nayoung unnie Okay? You guys seem to be awfully awkward today.”

 

“Y-yeah we are fine.”

 

“Hmm.” Yebin was Just death staring Minkyung, which made her give in.

 

“Ok fine. We are kind of awkward right now.”

 

“Did you confess?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Did she also confess.”

 

“‘Maybe.”

 

“Then why is it awkward?”

 

“Because she rejected me.”

 

“Wait But doesn’t she like you too.”

 

“Yeah but she isn’t ready.”

 

“Minkyung unnie, I think you should put pressure on her to go out with you. Sometimes, you need to push a person because they don’t want to get out of their comfort zone. Nayoung unnie likes you anyways.”

 

“So what are you trying to plan here.”

 

“This is what you do…”



Hi guys. I hope you like this chapter. The response from the last chapter was great! It made my day when I see you guys so interested in my story. Please continue to like “If Only” and subscribe. Comment below on what you think Yebin’s plan is and how you feel about this story.  

 

Feel free to follow me on twt: MIC_ddi