Work Work

If Only

Sungyeon dropped the girls off at Minkyung and Nayoung’s house. Of course, Nayoung fell asleep along the way, but Minkyung woke her up. She poked her cheeks and she was now awake from her sleep.

 

“Thank you guys for driving us around the area. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed your guys’ company.” Minkyung said.

 

“No problem Minkyung unnie. Let’s go out again. We should take you guys to Vegas! It’s so much fun there.”

 

“Haha sure, if everyone is down to go, but first let’s focus on work so that we can go.”

 

“Okay! Good night!”

 

“Yebin drive safe okay?”

 

“Yes Unnie. Goodnite.”

 

Minkyung and Nayoung was watching them go as they were standing in front of their home. Once they left, they went inside. Nayoung was slouching and walking weirdly as if she is disabled.

 

“I’ve never done so much walking before… And I do rounds at the hospital, but this was a lot of walking.” Nayoung said.

 

“Well you will get used to it someday. We young ones are still good to go.”

 

Nayoung was literally was death staring Minkyung. “Shut up. I’m going to change and go to sleep.”

 

“Okay, but are you hungry? I could make some ramen real quick.”

 

Nayoung was putting on her shirt. “Hmm~ Sounds good, but I’m really sleepy.”

 

“If you don’t want it, then i’ll make one for myself.”

 

“No No No. Make one for me too. I’m just going to take a quick nap. Wake me up when it is finished.”ar

 

Minkyung laughs. “Okay.”

 

Nayoung plops on the bed and immediately falls asleep. Minkyung, on the other hand, was making ramen. She the TV while waiting for the ramen to boil. When the TV , she saw an advertisement about a hotel in Vegas. She was searching online about it and was looking at all its’ feature. Minkyung seemed interested, so she contacted Sungyeon.

 

[To Sungyeon]

 

Hi Sungyeon! Did you arrive at home safely?

 

[To Minkyung]

 

Hi Unnie. Yes Thank you ^^

 

[To Sungyeon]

 

Ok that’s good. Anyways, I was thinking about that trip to Vegas right now and I think we should go! Nayoung has been working really hard lately and so have we so I think we should go on a trip one day.

 

[To Minkyung]

 

Yeah! I’m down to go. Hmm, Nayoung unnie and I have a 4 day weekend off coming up in a few weeks I think.

 

Minkyung went to her boiling water and did the procedure of cooking her ramen.

 

[To Sungyeon]

 

Yeah, she told me. Let’s meet up then one day. Also, can you not tell Nayoung? I want it to be a surprise. :)

 

[To Minkyung]

 

Sure. No problem. I think you guys would look cute together, so I hope it works out. :D Good night Unnie!

 

Minkyung choked on her water as she read Sungyeon’s text message. She smiled then continued to prepare her ramen. She looked over towards Nayoung to see if she was awake and she was dead as asleep. As she finished preparing the table, she went over to wake up Nayoung.

 

“Nayoung~ Nayoung~ Wake up~ Ramen is done.” Minkyung was poking Nayoung’s cheek as she was talking to her. “Nayo-“

 

Nayoung pulled Minkyung down to her chest and cuddled with her. Her arms were around Minkyung’s waist, while Minkyung was plopped on top of her. She tried getting up, but Nayoung was keeping her in place. Then when Minkyung lifted her face from Nayoung’s chest, her heart was beating once again. Her lips were right in front of her. Minkyung slowly went closer and closer.

 

Nayoung opened her eyes and saw that she was hugging Minkyung. She quickly lets go of Minkyung.

 

“What are you doing on top of me?!”

 

Minkyung was pushed off the bed and was now on the floor. “Ow! Hey! Why did you do that? You were the one who hugged me while I was trying to wake you up. Gosh you are so unfair.”

 

Minkyung was so close to kiss her, but Nayoung was shocked and confused as to what she was hearing. Then Minkyung got up from the floor and headed to the dining table. “Anyways ramen is ready.”

 

Nayoung was still in bed. She still couldn’t believe what she did. She was so close to me. That was the closest we’ve ever been. Nayoung was thinking, but she knows she can’t think about Minkyung like that. They are friends and friends only. She doesn’t want to ruin her relationship with her. Nayoung knows if they date, they might not last, and end up not being friends anymore.

 

“Nayoung, are you not coming? Let’s eat.”

 

“I-I’m coming.” Nayoung got out of bed and headed towards the dining table.

 

The table was silent and was full of slurping and tension. Minkyung questions why she is being blamed when she hasn’t done anything to her YET. She was just disappointed at Nayoung at the moment. She always wake up at the wrong moment. Once they finished eating, Minkyung went straight to bed and was going to sleep.

 

Nayoung followed after washing the dishes. She knew Minkyung was not in the mood with her. They end up both sleeping without saying a word.

 

~

 

It was back to normal again and the girls were back at work. Nayoung dealing with patients, while Minkyung dealing with clients. The only thing different is that, they didn’t talk since last night. This morning was filled with silence and Minkyung didn’t budge to say anything.

 

It was late at night and it seemed that Nayoung needed to stay at work for a few days, due to her patient’s conditions. She was in her office and was considering to text Minkyung.

 

[To Minkyung]

 

Hey. I won’t be able to go home for a few days, due to work. So don’t wait for me to eat dinner and I just wanted to say I’m sorry about last night. I was just really tired and I wasn’t thinking. Please don’t be mad at me anymore. Goodnight.

 

Minkyung was heading into her house as she saw the text. She was smiling that Nayoung knew when Minkyung was feeling mad or sad, but she wanted to play it cool.

 

[To Nayoung]

 

Okay.

 

When Nayoung got the text, she thought that she must be really mad. She sighed and went back to work. Minkyung on the other hand was trying to prepare for their trip to Vegas. She already Yebin about it, so they are all set to go. All they have to do is book a hotel and drive there. She was really excited.

 

~

 

It’s been a week, and Nayoung only got 5 hours of sleep the whole time. She was exhausted, but she was used to it. Nayoung had a day off, finally. She decided to stay at the office for a bit to get some sleep, since it isn’t safe to drive at night while being sleepy. Out of consciousness, she decided to call Minkyung, but when it was on ring, she quickly fell asleep. So when Minkyung answered she didn’t hear anything. However, Sungyeon came in and saw that Nayoung was sleeping. She came in to drop off some stuff and she can hear something coming from Nayoung’s phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oh, Sungyeon?”

 

“Minkyung unnie! Hi!”

 

“Hi Sungyeon. Is Nayoung there? She called me but didn’t say anything.”

 

“Oh she is sleeping on her desk right now. She only slept for 5 hours this whole week, because a lot of patients are coming in.”

 

“5 HOURS?”

 

“Yeah, but we are already used to it. Do you want me to wake Nayoung unnie up?”

 

“No, it’s okay. Let her sleep.”

 

“Okay then. Good bye unnie!”

 

“Good bye.”

 

Minkyung ended the call and decided to pick up Nayoung. It was nighttime and she needs to sleep comfortably, but before that, she went to grab a quick dinner. Once she got food, she headed to the hospital and went inside Nayoung’s office. Minkyung has never seen her office before. It’s so clean and tidy as usual. Then she saw a big blob of Nayoung on her desk. She was a mess.

 

Minkyung went over to her desk and laid down the food. She was shaking her body to wake her up.

 

“Nayoung. Nayoung wake up.”

 

Nayoung woke up and her eyes were bloodshot red. She saw Minkyung and was surprised to see her. As she was rubbing her eyes, she said, “What are you doing here?”

 

“I came to pick you up. It’s not safe to drive when you are sleepy, but before we leave, you have to eat.”

 

“Oh thank you. I’m starving.”

 

Nayoung was eating her food and was savoring it. She was sick of cafeteria food already. Minkyung was watching her eat while she was sitting down in front of her.

 

“How’s work Nayoung? We haven’t seen each other for a week.”

 

“Oh yeah huh. Work is just work. Tiring.”

 

“Yeah I can see.” Minkyung was caressing Nayoung’s hair as she was eating.

 

Once Nayoung was finished, she packed her stuff. Minkyung was just watching her and then when Nayoung turned around, Minkyung went to hug Nayoung.

 

“You’ve worked hard. Now it’s time to rest okay?” Minkyung was patting Nayoung’s back, while Nayoung’s heart was pounding once again. Minkyung let's go and heads outside the door. They head into Minkyung’s car and headed home.

 

“How was work Minkyung?” Nayoung asked.

 

“It was the same old work.”

 

“Yeah, I guess.”

 

“By the way, don’t make plans during your 4 day weekend.”

 

“Why?”

 

“We have to general cleaning inside our house.”

 

“UGHGHGHGH. Why?! Just because you are a clean freak doesn’t mean I need to be it too.” Nayoung complained.

 

Minkyung was just laughing at her sudden reaction, but she told Nayoung that because she doesn’t want Nayoung to plan other stuff during that weekend.

 

~

 

They got home and Nayoung, once again, plopped on the bed. Then she fell asleep.

 

“Nayoung. You should wash up first.”

 

However, Nayoung didn’t budge, well she is dead asleep. Minkyung sighed and took off Nayoung’s jacket. She tucked Nayoung in the bed and wiped off her face with a towel.

 

“You must’ve been tired Nayoung.” Minkyung kissed her forehead and went to sleep.

 

~

 

Yebin and Sungyeon met up that night to discuss about their trip. Yebin was waiting at her table for Sungyeon as she just got off of work. Then she saw Sungyeon coming in.

 

“Sungyeon over here!”

 

Sungyeon was heading to where she was at and she hugged Yebin. “Hi Yebin.” She let’s go and sits down.

 

“How’s work Sungyeon? I heard you didn’t go home for the past week.”

 

“Yeah, me and Nayoung unnie stayed at the hospital. It became busy.”

 

“I see.”

 

“How was your work?”

 

“Same old same old.”

 

“Haha. Then shall we order food?”

 

“Yeah, I’m hungry.”

 

The two girls ordered food and were discussing about the randomest things ever. Anime, clothes, shows, etc. Then it came to the conversation of the trip to Vegas.

 

“Have you ever been to Vegas Yebin?”

 

“Yeah. I like it there. I want to go to the strip and shop for clothes!”

 

“Same and I want to drink there. Their drinks are good.”

 

“Yeah.” (Yebin and Sungyeon can drink since they are at legal age in this story)

 

“But, we should go at night. It’s going to be super hot that day.”

 

Yebin and Sungyeon were talking about where to go and what they are going to do there. They were excited as well. They wanted to let loose and forget about work for a few days.

 

“How about our hotel?” Yebin asks.

 

“Oh Minkyung unnie is in charge of booking the hotel, so we are good.”

 

“So everyone knows except for Nayoung?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Wow Minkyung unnie must be up to something. Do you think she’ll confess?”

 

“I don’t know, but Nayoung unnie doesn’t seem to like the idea of liking her. At least from what I know.”

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“Well, I’m pretty sure that if you get into a relationship, you are risking your whole relationship, because if you break up, then that’s it.”

 

“Oh.. I see.”

 

“Poor Minkyung unnie.”

 

The girls continued to eat their meal and they all prepare for their trip to Vegas.



Hi guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter. The next chapter, they will be at Las Vegas. What do you think will happen? Do you guys think Minkyung will confess? Until next time. Comment down below about what you think. Bye Bye~