Tour

If Only

Nayoung and Minkyung were staring into each other's eyes for the longest time. Nayoung’s heart was beating to the point where Minkyung can softly hear it.

“Is your heart okay?”

 

Nayoung blushed and knelt down her head towards the cut on Minkyung’s finger and replied, “Y-yeah. What’s wrong with my heart?”

 

“I don’t know. I can hear it beating really quickly.”

 

Nayoung puts a band-aid over the cut and stood up. “N-no it’s not. You are just hearing things.” She went back to the kitchen and finished cooking the tofu soup.

 

“Maybe it’s because you fell for me Nayoungie~” Minkyung thought. Minkyung got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to help Nayoung. “I’ll start frying the dumplings then.” Nayoung just nodded and proceeded to cook their meal.

 

As Minkyung and Nayoung finished dinner, Nayoung was mentioning what Sungyeon suggested.

“So you, me, Yebin, and Sungyeon will be going around the area this weekend.”

 

“Ok! Sounds fun, but where are we going to meet then?”

 

“Some cafe. Sungyeon just sent it to me a few minutes ago, so we will be going there to talk about where to go.”

 

“Alright. Thanks for the meal. It’s been a long time since we’ve had korean food.”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Nayoung got up and started cleaning up the dishes, while Minkyung was fixing the table. As Nayoung was doing dishes, Minkyung changes into her pajamas and went into bed. She fell asleep as she landed on the bed. Minkyung was dead tired from her work today plus cooking. Nayoung also changed, but sat on the couch to watch some TV. She was watching those home design shows, because she felt like changing some stuff at the studio. However, she later on fell asleep as well.

 

The night went deep into the dark and it started raining all of a sudden. Minkyung woke up from the rain and decided to drink some water, but she realized that Nayoung wasn’t in bed and that the TV was still on. So she got up to look around to see where she was at. She saw that Nayoung was sleeping on the couch, looking like an old man.

 

“Nayoung, you sure can just sleep anywhere in any position.”

 

Minkyung grabbed a pillow and a blanket and sets it on the table. She placed the pillow on the side of the couch and slowly abrought Nayoung’s head on it. Minkyung brought her legs up to the couch and placed the blanket above Nayoung’s body. Then she squat down next to her and was caressing her hair. Minkyung was just staring at her.

 

“Is it weird that I can be in love with my best friend Nayoung? Do you feel the same way as me or is it just me? Gosh I’m annoyed.”

 

Minkyung continued to stare at Nayoung and suddenly moved forward to her face. “Let me do this at least once” Minkyung whispers. She softly kissed Nayoung on the forehead and went back to bed.

 

“Good night Nayoung Unnie~”

 

~

 

It was the weekend and all the girls met up at the cafe that Sungyeon told them to meet at. Sungyeon was the first one there, since she was the one who decided to go to that cafe. Minkyung and Nayoung carpooled to the cafe so they came together after Sungyeon. Afterwards, Yebin arrived as well.

 

“Hi! Sorry I’m late!”

 

“Nah, you arrived just on time.” Minkyung says.

 

“Yebin this is Sungyeon by the way. She is my assistant at the hospital, but she is a very skilled neurosurgeon.”

 

“Hi nice to meet you Yebin!”

 

“Nice to meet you too.”

 

The girls all met each other and sat down to discuss where they would like to go to, while having breakfast at the cafe. The American girls were discussing about where to go, while Nayoung and Minkyung were just eating their breakfast. Once they decided where to go, everyone met at Nayoung and Minkyung’s house just to drop off the cars to carpool instead.

 

“We can take my car!” Sungyeon says.

 

Everyone agreed and went into the car. It was the tall ones in the back, while the short ones are in the front. Sungyeon was driving of course. Their first stop was “The Grove.” (They live in the OC part of California by the way). Since Nayoung and Minkyung haven’t gone shopping in America yet, they thought it would be good to start there. It was almost an hour drive to get there so they were just talking to each other about the randomest things. Especially Sungyeon and Yebin.

 

“Yeah that was a very gory anime, but it was really good. I’ve actually been reading the manga to get ahead.” says Yebin.

 

“I’m just going to wait until the next season comes out. I don’t have much time to read mangas.”

 

“Yeah. I’m assuming doctors don’t have much time to play. Good thing you are off this weekend.”

 

“Yeah. Nayoung unnie and I have been working for a whole month straight, so it’s been tiring lately.”

 

Yebin pats Sungyeon’s shoulder, “Haha well hwaiting!”

 

The girls finally arrived at The Grove and went shopping. The girls had different styles, so they ended up splitting into 2 groups. Of course, it was the shorties in one group and the tall ones in the other. It turns out that Sungyeon and Yebin have the same style. Technically they have a lot of things in common.

 

“Sungyeon! Let’s go to this store!” Yebin pulls Sungyeon away from the group and now it is Minkyung and Nayoung who are alone.

 

“Nayoung, where do you want to go first.”

 

“Not sure. Let’s just look around.”

 

Nayoung and Minkyung were walking around and people were, again, staring at them. Their visuals are no joke at all. People were following the around and later on turned into a huge mob of people behind them. They continued to walk around until Minkyung found a store to go in.

 

“Let’s go here!” Minkyung grabbed Nayoung’s hand and walked into the store. The people behind them were just outside looking through the glass like creepy people.

 

“Why are there so many people following us? Even at the airport people are like that. Are we celebrities or something?” Minkyung asks.

 

“Haha I don’t think so, but since we are here, let’s go shop around for clothes.”

 

“If we do, that means we need to extend our home or buy a bigger house. We have a lot of clothes in our closet already and you buying more won’t help it. Let’s be real here… you buy a lotttt of clothes.”

 

“We’ll talk about it when we finish.” Nayoung laughs.

 

Nayoung and Minkyung haven’t been shopping together in the longest time. They never had the time to go shopping since their parents are the ones who spends all their money. Now that they are away, they can freely spend their money the way they wanted it to be. Nayoung was carrying a ton of clothes while Minkyung only had a little. They decided to try it on, so they went to the fitting room.

 

Minkyung finished first since she only had a few clothes picked out. She decided to buy them. Nayoung, on the other hand, was still trying on clothes and was showing Minkyung.

 

“Yes? No?”

 

“Hmm. Yeah.”

 

Nayoung then went to try another outfit. “Well?”

 

“Nah.”

 

Then Nayoung came out with a summer type of outfit. “How is it?”

 

Minkyung was speechless. She thought she was an angel.

“Minkyung? Minkyung!”

 

“Y-yes! It looks nice.”

 

Nayoung went back inside and was still trying on clothes. Once she was finished, she only bought 3 outfits from all the clothes she picked out. As they were paying for their clothes, Yebin and Sungyeon were squishing through the crowd to get into the store.

 

“Gosh why are there so many people out there?”

 

“Probably there is a celebrity in here.”

 

“Let’s look!” Sungyeon exclaims.

 

As they were secretly looking around, they found Minkyung and Nayoung. “Oh hey guys!”

 

“Hi.”

 

“Have you guys seen a celebrity here?” Sungyeon whispers.

 

“No. Actually, Nayoung and I are the only ones here.”

 

Sungyeon and Yebin gasps as they figured out what was going on. So they asked, “Are you guys secretly celebrities in Korea and you did not tell us about it?”

 

“Haha no. This has been happening ever since we got to the airport in LAX. People were following us around for no reason.”

 

Yebin elbows Sungyeon on the arm and whispers, “Maybe because they are so pretty and tall.”

 

“True~”

 

As soon as they finished paying, they decided to get out of there before someone tackles Nayoung and Minkyung. They quickly got out of The Grove before a huge mob comes after their car and so they left.

 

“Now that you’ve guys seen the Grove, let’s go to LACMA!” Sungyeon says.

 

“But before that, Sungyeon and I will stop by a store.”

 

Sungyeon drove to Target to buy 2 masks, a hat, and some glasses. They thought that if people have been following Minkyung and Nayoung around, everyone might start follow them. Once Yebin and Sungyeon came back in the car, they gave the stuff to Nayoung and Minkyung.

 

“Here, wear this when we go down to our locations. People won’t notice or follow you if you wear these.”

 

“Haha thanks guys!”

 

~

 

So they adventure around LACMA, went to the mall, ate at Beverly hills, and took some pictures along the way. They had so much fun after being at work for the longest time.  Now, their final destination was hiking to the Hollywood sign.

 

“Come on guys, it’s up over here.” Yebin says.

 

Minkyung, Nayoung, and Sungyeon were panting as they were tired from walking around all day.

“Yebin sure has a lot of energy for a short person.” Sungyeon says.

 

They all look at each other and started laughing. The girls finally made it to the Hollywood sign and took some pictures as a group. Then Sungyeon decided to take a picture of Minkyung and Nayoung.

 

“Minkyung unnie and Nayoung unnie! Look over here. I’m going to take a picture of you 2.”

 

“Okay!”

 

Minkyung grabbed Nayoung’s shoulder while Nayoung’s arm is around Minkyung’s waist.

 

“Say Cheeeseee”

 

“Cheeeese.”

 

It was a nice photo. They were able to enjoy themselves after moving to America. Finally, they lived the life they wanted to live in and be free. All they needed was each other. Nayoung and Minkyung sat down on a rock while looking at the sunset. The two shorties were just taking pictures of each other and were enjoying themselves as well.

 

“Today was nice~” Nayoung says in relief.

 

“Sure was.”

 

“I hope we do this more often.”

 

“Well why don’t we? Your next day off is a 4 day weekend so let’s just go somewhere on that weekend.”

 

“Haha sure.”

 

Minkyung was just staring at Nayoung and smiling at her. Sungyeon saw that from behind and she immediately knew that Minkyung likes Nayoung. (Sungyeon is smart anyways) So she decided to go ahead to the car with Yebin.

 

“Unnies! We will head back to the car first, so we will meet you there okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Yebin lets go.” Sungyeon whispers.

 

“But I wanted to stay!”

 

“Come on shorty.”

 

Sungyeon dragged Yebin down the hill, to the car. She was explaining that Minkyung might have feelings for Nayoung. Yebin understood and followed along.

 

~

 

“The sun is finally coming down.” Nayoung says.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“It’s pretty.”

 

“You’re pretty.” Minkyung accidently blurted.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“Fine, I said you are pretty… PRETTY STUPID!” Minkyung started laughing.

 

Nayoung got up and was mad. “Come here you idiot!”

 

Minkyung got up and Nayoung was chasing her. They were running around until Minkyung turned around and caught Nayoung. Minkyung was now hugging Nayoung.

 

“I’m glad we came here to America. I’m glad that you are here with me.”

 

Nayoung wraps her arm around Minkyung, “Me too.”

 

Minkyung brings her face back and quickly kisses Nayoung’s cheek. “Thanks for being my best friend stupid!”

 

Now Minkyung was running down the hill while Nayoung was raging again and was chasing her. It was a fun day for these four girls, or specifically, these two girls.





Hi! Here is Chapter 5. I’m glad that you guys are enjoying this story “If Only.” Stay tuned for the next few chapters for it will soften your hearts. Until the next chapter! Also, subscribe to this story to get notifications on when this story gets updated. Comment down below on what you guys think. Thanks and goodbye!