No We Can’t

If Only


The day they leave for Las Vegas… or should I say morning?

It was 5 o’ clock in the morning and Minkyung just got home from work. For the past few days, she had to stay at work to finish some paperwork to have Friday and Monday off. So she is dead tired, but still excited. Anyways, as she got inside the house, she saw Nayoung sleeping. Minkyung quietly set her stuff down and packed her and Nayoung’s stuff: clothes, shoes, phone chargers, etc. As she finished packing, she got a text from Yebin.

[To Minkyung]

Goodmorning unnie! Sungyeon and I are on our way. See you in a bit.

[To Yebin]

Mkay!

Minkyung walked over to the bed and was trying to wake up Nayoung.

“Psst. Nayoung. Nayoungie. Wake up~ We have to go somewhere now.”

Nayoung was rolling around and stretching. She then checked her phone. “What? It’s like 5:30 in the morning! Go away.” Nayoung sets her phone down and went back to sleep.

“We are going to Las Vegas right now.”

Nayoung immediately sat up. “Wait what?!? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Surprise? Come on, go change. Sungyeon and Yebin are on their way here.”

Nayoung got up and got ready. She went to toothbrush, do her make up, and change. Nayoung brought her backpack that Sungyeon bought her and filled it with the things she needs. As she was preparing, Minkyung said that the girls are here.

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah!”

Minkyung and Nayoung left their house and went inside Sungyeon’s car.

“Good morning guys.” Minkyung said

“Good morning unnies.” The younger ones said.

“Nayoung unnie, do you know where we are going?” Sungyeon asks.

“Las Vegas.”

“Oh you know already?”

“Yeah, if I didn’t tell her, she wouldn’t have woken up.” Minkyung butts in.

They all laugh and headed to Vegas. It was a 6 hour drive to get there so they took this time to look around California before leaving it, but before they left, they stop by a convenience store for Minkyung. She bought an energy drink due to the lack of sleep and she didn’t want to miss anything.

“Why don’t you just sleep Minkyung unnie? It’s a long drive anyways.” asks Sungyeon.

“It’s alright. Besides, I want look around and enjoy the ride.”

As they finished buying the stuff they need, Minkyung and Nayoung went to the cashier to pay for their stuff.

“Minkyung, what did you keep this a surprise from me?”

“Well it is a surprise.”

“But why?”

Minkyung was giving money to the cashier. “Hmm because I wanted to reward you for working hard at work all this time and you deserve a vacation. AND if I told you about it earlier, you would probably go shopping again to buy clothes for Vegas.”

“True, but you are working hard too. I should do something as well.”

Minkyung puts her arm around Nayoung’s shoulder. “You coming with us is already a reward.”

Nayoung’s heart was beating once again. She thought about how sweet Minkyung was being to her and she felt touched. Yebin and Sungyeon were watching them from behind and were secretly cringing, so they pushed Minkyung and Nayoung towards the door.

“Okay okay. Let’s go now.” Yebin said.

Everyone went inside the car and the road trip begins. Minkyung chugs her energy drink and she was all hyped now.

“WHOO LET’S GO! YEAH!”

Minkyung was repeating that and said random things in the blue. She pointed out random things out the window and made puns out of it.

“Nayoung, are you a horse, because you are horsing around with me a lot.”

Yebin and Sungyeon laughed at Minkyung because of the way they interpreted it. Nayoung literally was just death staring at her and saying to shut up. It was the 2nd hour and Minkyung knocked out. She couldn’t handle the tiredness that is overcoming her. Nayoung sighed. “Idiot.”

It was the third hour and Yebin needed to use the restroom. So they stopped by a fast food area and used the restroom. Nayoung didn’t need to use the restroom so she just stayed in the car with the sleeping Minkyung. Nayoung looked at Minkyung and she wondered if her neck hurts, with the way she was sleeping. She went to the trunk and grabbed a blanket that was in Sungyeon’s car. Then she went back into the car and laid Minkyung’s head down on her legs. She laid the blanket over her body and puts on the seat belt. Now, Minkyung is sleeping in a position where it’s like a couch. Then Sungyeon and Yebin came back and now they are back on the road.

Nayoung was Minkyung’s hair and it was a beautiful sight for her. When she realizes that she is falling more and more for Minkyung, she tries to stop and shakes her head. She didn’t want to like her like that.

~

Minkyung woke up as Yebin and Sungyeon were rapping to a song. They started laughing and it got loud. It was the 6th hour and they finally got to Vegas. Minkyung was able to get at least 4 hours of sleep.

“Whoo! We are in Vegas now.” Yebin says.

“Whoa this is nice.” Nayoung blurts out.

“Let’s grab some lunch then we’ll head to the hotel.”

The girls went to a buffet because they were starving. When they got their, they were chowing down food after food after food. It was really delicious. They all enjoyed their road trip and their amazing lunch. Now it is time to check out their hotel.

~

As they arrived at the hotel, Minkyung checked in both hotel rooms and gave the keys to the girls.

“Our rooms are connected, but the unnies are in one room, while you 2 are in the other room.”

“Okay!” The younger ones said.

They all headed to their respective rooms and sets down their stuff. As they went in their rooms, they all were at awe at how nice the room was.

In Yebin and Sungyeon’s room:

“Whoa. This is room is nice.” Yebin says

“Minkyung sure has some taste and luxury.”

Yebin saw the bed and started to jump on it. “Wheeee. Hahaha”

“Yebin, just because you are short does not mean you have to act like a kid.”

Yebin got down from the bed and strangled Sungyeon. “You can’t tell me what to do. You are not older than me.”

“O-oww.”

In Minkyung and Nayoung’s room:

Minkyung was unpacking and organizing their stuff, making it look all tidy. On the other hand, Nayoung was out in the balcony and enjoying the view. Their hotel is at the strip, so she can see mostly everything.
Once Minkyung finished, she went out in the balcony with Nayoung.

“It’s really hot here.” Minkyung complained.

“Yeah, but it’s alright. Are we just gonna chill here?”

“For now. Sungyeon was saying that we should go to the strip at night. Just around the hotel for now.”

“Ah ok. We should go swimming then later after walking around.”

“So night swimming~”

“Yeah because we will be sweaty by the time we walk around.”

“Yeah we can do that.”
~

It was getting dark and the girls left at 8 pm. They walked out and it was still hot.

“Dang, even if it is at night, it’s still hot.” Yebin said.

“That’s Vegas for you.”

At the strip, there was always a lot of people. When you walk around, there is no room for people to walk by, unless you literally touch the person and bump into them. This was all new to Minkyung and Nayoung but they got used to it. The girls stopped by at many stores and ended up buying a lot of things. They were walking and shopping around for 3 hours and decided to go back to the hotel.

“Wait, before we go home, we have to buy some drinks. Here in Vegas, there drinks are really good.” Sungyeon says.

“Okay.” said the older ones

So they stopped by at this fast food kind of bar and got some drinks. Of course, there were drunk people around so they had to be careful around them. Once they got their drinks they headed back to their hotel. As they were heading back, there were these group of people running towards them and they weren’t stopping. Nayoung almost got ran over by those guys until Minkyung pulled her next to her.

“Hey are you okay?”

*heart beat sounds “Y-yeah I’m okay. Thanks.”

Minkyung let’s go of Nayoung, but for some reason, Nayoung didn’t want to let her go. She thought she was feeling this way because of the alcohol, but she shook her head and focused. They continued to walk.

~

They arrived at the hotel and the girls were at the elevator.

“Are you guys down to swim right now?” Asks Minkyung.

“Maybe tomorrow. I’m tired from driving and walking.” Sungyeon says.

“Same.” Yebin added.

“Alright then, we’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight.”

They all headed into their respective hotel rooms and did their own thing. Sungyeon and Yebin washed up and went to bed, while Nayoung and Minkyung changed into their swimming clothes. Nayoung finished changing first and ties her hair up. When Minkyung finished, Nayoung couldn’t stop staring at her. Her body was just beautifully shaped. She was practically drooling.

“Nayoung are you okay?” Minkyung said while snapping her fingers.

“y-yeah.”

“Ok let’s go now.”

Nayoung slapped herself and was trying to get rid of her feelings. She didn’t want it to get in the way of her friendship.

They went downstairs to the swimming pool. The swimming pool was really big, and it had a whirlpool as well. Since it was late at night, no one was there besides them 2.

Minkyung jumped in and made a huge splash. “Whoo!” She was laughing as she got in. Nayoung on the other hand was setting her stuff down and took off her shirt. She went over to the deep end and just put her feet in inside the pool.

“Nayoung, jump in!”

“Maybe later.”

“Come on. It feels nice.” Minkyung was swimming towards Nayoung.

“I know. I just don’t want to get my hair wet.”

“Then what’s the point of swimming?”

“I’ll just put my feet in the water.”

Minkyung was now in front of Nayoung. She grabbed her arm and pulled her in the pool.

“Ah!”

Nayoung was now in the pool, all wet.

“Minkyung!”

“What? it feels nice right?” Minkyung carries Nayoung in the water and spinned her around. Nayoung’s arm were around her neck as she was being spinned.

“Hehe, it feels nice.” Nayoung said as lays her head in the water.

“I told you didn’t I?”

Nayoung brought her head back up and her face was now facing Minkyung’s. They were just staring into each other’s eyes as Minkyung is carrying her. Like a romantic scene in a movie. When Nayoung realized what is happening, she let’s go of Minkyung.

“W-we should go back.”

“Wait. Nayoung.”

Nayoung got out of the pool and went to grab her stuff. Minkyung was calling her name as she got out of the pool. She was running towards her, until she slipped and fell back into the pool. Nayoung saw that but she thought Minkyung can swim back anyways. As she headed towards the gate, she heard Minkyung.

“HELP!”

Nayoung turned around and she saw Minkyung drowning. She threw her stuff down and jumped back in to save her. As she got Minkyung back up in the air, she saw Minkyung in pain.

“Minkyung? What’s wrong?”

“I-I think I hit my foot against the concrete as I slipped and fell. I think I sprained it really bad.” Minkyung said painfully.

“Ok, I’ll treat it in a bit.” Nayoung carried Minkyung towards the shallow end.

As they were heading there, Minkyung’s foot was being swayed by the water, which was making it bend.

“I-it hurts...” Minkyung whimpered in Nayoung’s ear.

Nayoung’s heart broke as she heard her say that. “Almost there.” She patted her back.

Nayoung carried Minkyung towards the long chairs and laid her down. She grabbed a few towels and dried Minkyung up and wrapped it around her so she won’t get cold. Then Nayoung had to make an important decision, whether to let the ankle heal by itself (which is slow) or to use a method only a doctor knows to let it heal overnight (which is fast but painful).

“Minkyung, would you rather have your ankle heal by itself? Or let me treat it quickly to heal faster? But its more painful that way?

“Fast way or else I’ll be wasting our time here.”

“No it’s okay. We can just chill at the ho-“

“No, just quickly do it. Please. I don’t want to ruin it for us.”

Nayoung closed her eyes and breathed. “Okay.” She grabbed a handkerchief in her backpack and puts in Minkyung’s mouth.

“Just yell okay? Don’t hold it in. I’ll do it as fast as I can.”

Minkyung nods and prepares. Nayoung bends her feet and ankle around to loosen up. Minkyung was screaming in the handkerchief and was grabbing onto the towel. Nayoung moved it around and she looked up at Minkyung. She was crying in pain and looked like she was dying. Nayoung, became traumatized. After she was done, she grabs the handkerchief from Minkyung’s mouth and went to her backpack to grab those bandage wrap. She wrapped it around Minkyung’s ankle and feet.

As she wraps it, tears were falling from her eyes. Minkyung saw that and was wondering why she was crying. Nayoung finished and she puts the rest of the bandage in her backpack. Then Minkyung asked, “Why were you crying?”

“Huh? Oh nothing. Come on, let’s go upstairs. I’ll help you.”

As Nayoung reaches her arm out towards Minkyung, Minkyung pulls Nayoung down to make her sit next to her. They were now looking at each other in the eye.

“Why were you crying?”

Nayoung looks away. “It’s nothing.”

Minkyung grabs her face and makes Nayoung look at her. “No one would cry for nothing.”

Nayoung was just staring at her and she was remembering the painful expression Minkyung had as she was treating her foot. Nayoung looked down.

“I just didn’t like how I was hurting you…”

“But you weren’t. You had to so that it can heal faster.”

Nayoung then looked up at Minkyung’s face. “But I didn’t like the fact that I was still hurting you and making you suffer and feel pain.” Nayoung began crying again. “I didn’t like it... At all. ” She whimpered

Minkyung puts her hand on her cheek and wiped off her tears. Then, she went closer to her and kissed her on the lips tenderly. “I love you Nayoung.” Minkyung continues to kiss her again and again, until Nayoung let’s go and got up.

“No, we can’t.”

 

Hi guys! Here is the other chapter. Thank you for being patient. Please comment below on what you think. bye bye