Idiot

If Only

Nayoung was in her office at 3 am in the morning. She decided to take a quick break by taking a nap on her couch. As she was taking a nap, she remembered the time when her and Minkyung slept in her office back in Korea. She suddenly remembered how Minkyung’s face was so close to hers and how she was on top of her. Nayoung’s heart was beating quickly again, so she kept rolling around. Then, her phone was ringing. It was Sungyeon.

“Yes Sungyeon?”

“Unnie, there is an emergency. A patient got stabbed in the liver area and we need you to check it please.”

“I’ll be there in a bit.

Nayoung ends the call and sighs. “Kim Minkyung! You ruined my break time!!!” She got up and headed to the emergency room to help the patient.

~

Minkyung woke up from her sleep and she was shivering. The room was so cold and she didn’t know why. She went to check the A.C., and it turns out that it was still on. She thought, Aish, Nayoung was suppose to be in charge of this. When Minkyung turned it off, she went back to bed and tried to stay warm, but she couldn’t. Minkyung was still freezing to death, despite being under a blanket. “Nayoung… Nayoung unnie…”

~

“Sungyeon I will head home now. Thank you for your hard work.”

“You too Unnie! Get some sleep okay? You didn’t sleep at all.”

“Yes. I will. Thanks.”

Nayoung went to the locker room to take off her coat. She then headed outside and stretched. “Whooo, fresh air.”

After a long, nice stretch, she went inside her car and decided to grab something to eat for breakfast. Since Nayoung knows that Minkyung is off today, she decided to call her if she wanted anything to eat for breakfast. So she called Minkyung on her cellphone, but she wouldn’t answer. She called her again just to make sure, but nope. No call. Nayoung then just went to a bagel place to grab some bagels for herself and Minkyung.

As she brought in breakfast into their house, she saw Minkyung in bed. She laid down the warm bagels on the table and went to Minkyung.

“Yah! Minkyung! Wake up, it’s already brunch time. Just because you have a day off does NOT mean that you can stay in.”

Minkyung was still not waking up, so Nayoung pulled over the blanket and saw Minkyung shivering. “Minkyung? Minkyung, are you okay.”

She touched Minkyung’s body and she was so cold. As soon as she let go of Minkyung’s arm, Minkyung quickly caught her hand and hugged it.

“So warm…”

“Minkyung?” Nayoung thought that she must’ve been cold, so she checked the AC to see what degree it is on and it was at 58 degrees Farenheit. It turns out that Minkyung didn’t properly turn of the AC. She only turned of the heater.

“Gosh Minkyung, you are an idiot.” Nayoung got some more blankets from their closet and laid it on top of Minkyung. As she laid all the blankets, she went inside, under the blankets and put her arm under Minkyung’s neck. She was hugging Minkyung to keep her warm.

“Warm…” Minkyung snuggled into Nayoung’s neck and finally fell asleep comfortably. Nayoung, on the other hand, was rubbing Minkyung’s cold back because that is what’s more important. As a doctor, she knows which is more important to keep warm. Later on, she fell asleep with Minkyung in her arms.

~

It was 5 pm in the evening and Minkyung woke up from her sleep. She was feeling really hot all of a sudden, so she tried to move, but Nayoung was hugging her. She tried to get out, but Nayoung pulled Minkyung close to her and her face was now facing Nayoung’s. Minkyung’s heart was beating quickly. She then looked her lips and gulped. She moved forward and forward….
Until Nayoung moved again and woke up. Now Minkyung’s heart was beating out of her chest. She sat up and breathed in some air.

“Hey. Why didn’t you shut off the AC, you idiot?” Nayoung sat up from the bed.

“I thought I did.”

“You only shut of the heater part.”

“Oh.. makes sense.”

“Idiot.”

Minkyung then pushed Nayoung down onto the bed and was once again on top of her. “What did you call me?”

“An Idiot?”

“I am not an idiot.”

“Yeah you are. Now get off of me!”

Minkyung grabbed Nayoung’s arm and held them down. “Nope. Until you call me genius.”

Nayoung moved her head up towards Minkyung’s ear and whispered, “Never”

Minkyung jumped and lets go of Nayoung. She got up from the bed while Minkyung’s heart was beating like crazy. Nayoung was playing Minkyung like how she would play. She is a total genius.

“Here, let’s have bagel for dinner. It was suppose to be for breakfast, but somebody had to be a big baby and get chills.”

Minkyung came off the bed and was scratching her head. “That was the AC’s fault. Besides…” Minkyung hugged Nayoung from behind, “You kept me warm.” Nayoung’s heart was beating quickly again.

It was a battle between Nayoung and Minkyung. Who is going to give out first? Minkyung or Nayoung?

~

Minkyung went back to work, while Nayoung is at home. She didn’t have work that day so she stayed home and rested up. Minkyung was again doing paperwork and talking to annoying clients. When it was lunch time, there was a knock at her door.

“Come in.”

It was Nayoung. She brought lunch for her and Minkyung to eat.

“Wow, you brought me lunch?”

“No, I just came to eat this in front of you.”

Minkyung gave her the straight face and was like “really?” As they were eating, Yebin came in to talk to Minkyung.

“Hey Yebin, did you need something?”

“Yeah I came to give you this evidence for one of your clients. She is innocent and was accused falsely.”

“Alright. Thank you. Oh, this is my best friend by the way. Her name is Nayoung.”

“Hi Nayoung unnie, I’m Yebin. I’m a prosecutor in this courthouse.”

“Nice to meet you Yebin. I’m actually a doctor. I have an assistant that is almost the same height as you. Maybe we should all hang out one day.”

“Oh is she shorter than me?”

“No, just a wheeee bit taller.”

Minkyung was laughing and Yebin was sulking on the side. “Just because I’m short does not mean you can make fun of me.”

“Haha I’m just joking with you, but yeah we should hang out one day.”

“Yeah! Since we haven’t seen America that much yet because of work, we should all hang out.” says Minkyung.

“Yeah yeah yeah, now get back to work.” Nayoung said.

“Yes ma’am.”

“I’ll see you soon then Yebin. Nice meeting you. I’ll see you at home later Minkyung.”

“Mmm.”

Nayoung leaves Minkyung’s office and heads back home. As she went back home, she decided to clean the house for a bit, since Minkyung has been busy. After tidying up the place, Sungyeon calls her.

“Hi Sungyeon. Is there an emergency at the hospital?”

“Ah no. I’m actually off today. I was just wondering if you wanted to go out sometime this weekend to look around California since you have been stuck at work.”

“Oh actually I went to my friend’s workplace today and we were talking about the same thing with her friend. So maybe we can all go out this weekend then.”
“Yeah sure! Sounds fun. Where do you want to meet?”

“Maybe at a coffee shop? You can choose the place and I’ll just to tell the others.”

“Okay! I will send you it later then! Bye Nayoung unnie.”

~

As Minkyung got home, she brought some groceries from the market after work. “Nayoung! Let’s cook today, I brought some groceries!”

“Are you sure its “us” that are cooking?”

“Of course…”

“Uh huh. Anyways, what are we cooking?”

“Tofu soup! I’m craving and some dumplings.”

“Okay. You set up the side dishes then.”

Minkyung and Nayoung were cooking dishes back home. Who wouldn’t miss their homeland’s food? As they were cooking, Minkyung was cutting some side dishes, but the clumsy person she can become, she accidentally cut herself.

“Ah!”

Nayoung went over to look at what happened. “You idiot, why are you always clumsy.” She went to the closet to grab some first aid kit and brought Minkyung onto the couch to sit.

“Did you only cut yourself so that I can just cook?”

“No. It was on accident.”

Nayoung was treating the cut and blew onto it. “Yeah right. What would you do if I wasn’t he~” Nayoung looked up and Minkyung was just staring into her eyes. The look that makes you fall in love with Minkyung.

 

 

Hailo everyone! I brought you guys another chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it. I also need help. Where should these 4 girls hang out in California? Give me a few locations and I’ll take it into consideration if the setting should be there. Thank you! Bye :D