Chapter 5

Tainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As a side note: Everything written like this means, that they are talking in English.

5

 

 

Taekwoon and Jaehwan were sitting in the living-room of the Omega’s apartment, both having a hot chocolate in their hands, looking at the television. Out of the corner of his eyes the Omega saw how the brunet next to him placed his mug on the couch table. The next thing the Beta did, was putting his head on the raven’s right shoulder. With his right hand Taekwoon patted the other’s head before putting it back around his still half full mug, smiling at the Jaehwan’s antics. He had to admit that Jaehwan was cute and a more adorable cuddler.

Suddenly, the Beta took hold of the other’s mug and put it next to his’ empty one. Jaehwan then sat straight again and forced the other to turn his way. Confused, Taekwoon waited for the other to say something. He saw how Jaehwan first looked down at his hands holding Taekwoon’s and how much he was struggling inwardly with himself.

After minutes Taekwoon moved one of his hand out of Jaehwan’s shaking hold and put it on the Beta’s cheek, forcing him to look up at him. Taekwoon was briefly startled by his eyes. They weren’t the normal brown he normally had. He swore that they were golden-brown. It was short but he still saw it. A bit scared he tried to pull away from the other but Jaehwan was holding his other wrist firmly in his hand, not letting him go.

“Were you kissing him, hyung?” This sudden question made Taekwoon look at the other. Jaehwan’s face didn’t show any emotion, making it difficult for the Omega to read him and a bit scared for what was coming next. Timidly, he replied to the other, too afraid from the happening if he didn’t answer him. “N-No. We we-weren’t kissing. Please Jaehwan-ah… please let me go, you are hurting me.” Through Taekwoon’s answer the hold around his wrist was getting tighter. When the brunet heard that he was hurting the other he instantly let him go, his eyes widening at what he had done to the other. The Beta saw how Taekwoon was holding his reddened wrist against his chest, looking scared.

 

What is wrong with me? What is going on?

 

Those thoughts were going through his head and not the first time. He started holding his head in his own hand, scoffing at himself, not understanding why he was like this, why he was thinking to monopolize Taekwoon.

The Omega observed the other, instantly feeling sorry for the other when Jaehwan started showing his broken look after all the emotions went over his whole face. Something definitely was wrong with him. This wasn’t his normal self.

After trying to calm down the brunet looked up, his eyes started get wet with unshed tears, only saying one thing to the Omega in a broken voice. “Help me…”

Taekwoon’s heart started bleeding at the other’s sight, feeling hurt seeing him like this. Jaehwan was never one to not know what was going on with himself or all the others around him. The Omega thought only one thing and got closer to the other to pull him in a comforting hug, his back caringly, while the other started sobbing on his shoulder, ranting and asking “What is wrong with me?”, “Why do I feel like this?”, “Please someone help me…”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m going to help you…”

 

 

Ω ~ α

 

 

The next day, Taekwoon made some calls, even arranging an appointment by a doctor. The next he called was Haekyeon to explain him the situation.

 

“Hello?”

“Hey, Hakyeon. It’s me, Taekwoon.” The raven greeted back, biting on his bottom lip.

“Something the matter, Taekwoonie? I know that tone when I hear it.” Taekwoon sighed into the phone, glad that Hakyeon knew him so good and started to tell him what happened yesterday. The other listened patiently and then started to curse to the end and promised to be there in a few minutes, even skipping a today’s lecture.

The last person he called was Hyuk which he pleaded to bring some new clothes for Jaehwan. Hyuk said ‘Yes’ of course and immediately made his way to his ‘favorite’ hyung. While the others were on his way to his apartment he made some breakfast for himself and Jaehwan, who was still sleeping in the living-room. He slept directly after his sobbing ended. Taekwoon took off his pants and brought a spare pillow and blanket from his closet to cover him up with.

Now he crouched down to look at Jaehwan’s face, which was still red because of his tears. Lightly he started to wake him up, shaking him a bit and calling his name. “Jeahwan-ah. Jaehwan-ah, wake up. I made breakfast.” The Beta hearing the Omega’s sweet voice opened his eyes, looking straight at the others face. Then slowly he stood up groggily, looking around and realizing that he wasn’t home but at Taekwoon’s. After minutes he remembered what happened yesterday evening and hiding his eyes embarrassed.

“Oh my god. Please forget what happened yesterday, hyung. That was totally embarrassing…” The Omega shook his head and patted the other’s head before uttering to him what was going to happen next. “Jaehwan-ah, please go freshen a bit and come eat breakfast. Sanghyuk and Hakyeon are already on their way to us. And you should probably shower beforehand. You can use the clothes I already prepared for you in the bathroom till Sanghyuk is here. I asked him to bring you some fresh clothes.” Jaehwan looked up at the elder thankfully and stood up to get the tasks imposed on him done.

While Jaehwan was showering the doorbell rang, a sign that the others are finally here. The raven opened the door for them to let them in. Whereas the other two are taking the stairs up to his apartment he went back to the kitchen to finish breakfast.

“Morning, hyung!” Hyuk shouted from the entrance to which Taekwoon greeted him back. “Can you please bring Jaehwan the clothes? He is in the bathroom.” The Omega asked to which the Alpha complied by making his way to the bathroom and calling for the Beta to open the door. Hakyeon came directly to the kitchen and helped Taekwoon to set everything up for their breakfast.

Some minutes later everyone was gathered in the kitchen at the table to eat. Jaehwan looked at everyone while munching on the scrambled eggs waiting till he swallowed it to ask what they were doing here. The one who answered was Taekwoon, with his quiet and unsure voice not really knowing how the Beta’s reaction would be. “We are worried, Jaehwan-ah. The leat months you started to behave strangely and the last few weeks it got worse. After yesterday evening I think I know what is going on with you. Though, I would like to go to a doctor with you beforehand. Hakyeon and Hyuk-ah are escorting us to the hospital.” Jaehwan let it dawn on him, looking at his plate and sighed tiredly. He had to admit that they were right and slowly nodded at it, showing that he agreed to this idea.

They finished breakfast quickly; Taekwoon and Hakyeon cleaned up and immediately made their way out of the apartment to the station leading them directly to the hospital. Jaehwan noticed how the Omega in the group was keeping himself close to Hakyeon, staying a good distance away from him and Hyuk. Being away from Hyuk he could understand but him?

After some time they finally reached the hospital. Determined Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon with himself and asked Hyuk and Jaehwan to wait here for a bit. Minutes later he and Hakyeon came back with a doctor in tow. “Good morning, Mr. Lee.” The doctor greeted and hold his hand out to Jaehwan for a handshake which was returned with a strong handshake from Jaehwan. “If you could follow me, please?” The doctor asked and started walking with Jaehwan right behind him who then looked back at the others in fear. What would be expecting him? Hopefully not something terrible.

Taekwoon and the other two went to the adjoined café of the hospital, every one ordering a cup of coffee. Hyuk observed the two sitting in front of him, noticing how tense their bodies were. “Okay,! He started, “What is going on here? Recently you mentioned that you have an inkling what is going with Jaehwan-hyung, Taekwoon-hyung.” This made the raven look up from his steaming coffee. Then he averted his eyes and started biting on his bottom lip. The Omega wasn’t sure if he should tell the Alpha that something’s going to change in their little group.

Taking a deep breath he gave the younger the explanation, not wanting him to assume the worst about Jaehwan’s condition. “I think that he is a late blooming Alpha…” Hyuk’s eyebrows furrowed, not really believing what he heard. “What?” He asked, the disbelief evident in his voice. The Alpha’s thoughts started to swirl around this topic, not really liking the idea of another Alpha in their group. Don’t think wrong, he really liked his hyung. The problem was that there would be another Alpha near the Omega sitting in front of him. His hand clenched around the mug, trying to calm down. He didn’t want to up again and get Taekwoon angry at him for doing something wrong. Again.

“Oh.” Was the only thing the youngest of them threw in. It was silent again, each individual nursing their coffee, looking at their phone or having their eyes on the corridor where Jeahwan was led through.

Suddenly, a known person stepped through the entrance of the hospital. Taekwoon instantly perked up when he recognized the white blonde hair and the tall figure standing there in the entrance hall. All of the Omega’s senses were directed at him.

 

Why does he have to look so good every time?

 

The raven couldn’t control himself and his body. He stood up and left his two perplexed friends behind and made his way to the handsome man standing there. Even if it was yesterday he last saw him, he just couldn’t get enough. If he could he would talk to him every minute of his lif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter