Chapter 1

Tainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1

 

 

How beautiful!

These words were the first ones that occurred to Taekwoon, when he spotted a single white lily surrounded by all the tulips and roses.

It was a silent evening at the park and the sun was just setting to end today’s day in the most beautiful way, with the sky displaying a play of colours. The eight year old and his parents were just resting on a bench from the walk, enjoying the pleasant atmosphere and scenery.

Taekwoon went through the park to explore a bit, when he discovered the flower, catching his eyes immediately standing out midst of all the other flowers.

I want to give it to mom!

With this wish in his mind he reached for the flower to pluck it from its place. However, a loud noise startled him from somewhere and Taekwoon didn’t pay attention, pricking his finger on a thorn of a rose next to the lily. It made his finger start to bleed immediately. A gasp left his mouth, when he felt the little pain. Slowly, he moved his hand away from there, a few drops of blood falling from his finger.

“Oh, no!”

Sad eyes looked at the lily, when Taekwoon recognized that a few droplets of his blood landed on the white petals, tainting them red.  Holding his wounded finger in his other hand against his chest he observed when the drop of his blood was slowly flowing down the white petal. Taekwoon’s eyes became teary, realizing that he destroyed something so beautiful.

“Are you hurt?”

Surprised by a voice asking this question Taekwoon looked up at the person who was standing a few feet away from him, watching at Taewoon with vigilant eyes. A kid, a little bit smaller than him, was standing there, looking at him in concern. Biting his lower lip Taekwoon slowly shook his head, indicating that everything seems alright. Though, he didn’t expect for the kid to walk the few feet up to him and take his hand in his own, looking at the small cut on his finger.

“You are hurt… Why are you lying? When you’re hurt you shouldn’t hide it or it will get worse.” With wide eyes Taekwoon watched the smaller kid taking out a handkerchief and wrapping it around his finger. Then he looked up and smiled at him encouragingly.

“I’m Wonsik by the way.” The little kid said, introducing himself. With still a teary expression, Taekwoon laid his eyes on their hands. Wonsik’s hand was holding his tightly with the handkerchief around it. Looking up again Taekwoon introduced himself to the other kid.

With a timid voice he told him his name, “I-I’m Taekwoon.”

A happy smile morphed onto the others boy face. “Hello Taekwoon-hyung, nice to meet you.”

“Nice t-to meet you too, Wonsik-ah…” Taekwoon replied back.

“Taekwoonie!” His mother shouted from the bench with his father next to him. Both the kids looked up, Taekwoon gesturing that he would come to him.

“I have to go now.”

Wonsik only nodded, with his black hair bobbing up and down. Just as Taekwoon wanted to give Wonsik the handkerchief back the younger kid shook his head ‘no’. “You can keep it, Taekwoon.” The taller boy looked at him surprisingly, then smiled at the little boy opposite from him. Wonsik felt like the whole world lighted up more, when he saw Taekwoon smiling at him beautifully.

“Thank you, Wonsikkie. I-I promise to give it back to you someday, but clean.” Wonsik giggled at the elder’s antics and squeezed his hand for the last time, before Taekwoon made his way to his parents waving in farewell.

“See you again, Taekwoon!”

 

 

14 years later

 

It was a mild autumn day. No clouds were covering the sky and the sun could shine freely down at the earth, but the temperature outside was more on the colder side. Taekwoon was glad that he had to work today or Hakyeon would have dragged him around to go shopping again. Really, he liked Hakyeon very much, but when it came to clothes and fashion he becomes very eccentric. And after Hakyeon’s opinion he would need new clothes every week. He also tried to dress Taekwoon up in a more striking get-up, but he strongly opposed this idea.

Taekwoon liked his fashion sense, even if it was plain and more on the chic side. It’s because he didn’t want to be notable to other people. It was enough that he presented as an Omega, when he reached his fourteenth year. He didn’t need more attention, his scent gave him enough of it.

He was just cleaning up the counter, after someone spilled a coffee they ordered by mistake. The girl apologized, embarrassed by her clumsiness. Taekwoon of course wasn’t angry with her, it was just spilled coffee. As an apology, and for the new coffee Taekwoon made her, she gave him more money into his hand with a tip on top and immediately left the café before Taekwoon could do anything against it.

Smiling lightly at the girl’s nice action he finished cleaning up and took the dirty cloth to the backroom, where the other dirty cleaning supplies were to be washed later. He was just going through the door back to the front of the café, when someone enveloped him into a tight hug.

“Taekwoonieee-hyuung!”

Of course. There was only one person other than Haekyeon who hadn’t any inhibition to have skin-ship with other people. Taekwoon felt like the person was suffocating him and tried to fight the embrace.

“Jeahwaaaaan-ah!” Taekwoon whined and finally pushed Jaehwan a bit away from his body.

“How many times did I say to not hug me like you don’t want me to breathe again.” The beta only replied by wrapping his arms around his waist again to pull him against his body and put his nose on his neck

“I’m sorry! It’s just you smell so good and I like to sniff you. The only way I can do this is to hug youuuu~.”

Takwoon took his arms away from his body and lightly punched Jaehwan on his shoulder with a pout on his face at which Jaehwan could only chuckle.

“Awwww, Taekwoonie-hyung is showing a cute reaction. Do you want to seduce me?” The beta asked and pinched one of Taekwoon’s cheeks who then tried to bite him.

“No!” Takwoon answered. 

“You know I’m not interested.” Jaehwan pouted back and whaled around, why the nicest omega he knew didn’t have any interest in him.

While Jaehwan was telling everyone his ‘sad’ story Taekwoon was just making his way to the coffee machine to make the next order, when his boss Minsoek tapped his shoulder and then doing the same on his wrist to display an imaginary watch.

“Your shift just ended, Taekwoon-ah. You can go home now.” Minseok took over his task and pushed him lightly to the door leading to the back, indicating that he won’t accept a ‘no’ from him. Even if he wanted to just help a bit without getting money, the alpha wouldn’t just take it without giving something back. Without a fight Taekwoon went to the back to change his clothes and make himself ready to go back home. Done with this step he put on his jacket and took his bag in his hand and walked to the counter to bid ‘goodbye’ to the others.

Minsoek was already standing there and pressed a Latte into his hand.

“Thank you, Taekwoon-ah. Have a nice day and till next week.” With a smile Minseok saw Taekwoon off and went back to work. Smiling happily Taekwoon took a sip from his latte and walked out of the café to make his way to his apartment.

However, he was only a few steps away from the café when he felt someone laying his arm around his shoulder. Just as he wanted to fight the person off from him he recognized the voice of the person and relaxed back.

“Hello, Taekwoon!”

“Hakyeon…” Taekwoon replied tiredly.

“How is my favorite Omega today?” Taekwoon sighed, took a sip from his latte before he answered the elder.

“I’m fine.”

That was all he said. Hakyeon puffed his cheek and looked at Taekwoon, judging him.

“What?” The Omega asked the Beta. Hakyeon then remained standing and crossed his arms.

“How many times did I tell you to be more responsive and social?”

Taekwoon flinched a bit at this accusation. He knew he was more a quiet guy and didn’t have many friends but he didn’t really care. It was better like this as when he tried to get more social and finding more friends.

“You know why, Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon understandingly. “I know, but Taekwoon you don’t have to be afraid of getting attention. I know you are an Omega, but this status shouldn’t restrict you to be more free. You are allowed to be friends with more people. Just because only a few people think otherwise shouldn’t stop you.”

Taekwoon was watching Hakyeon who spoke and when he ended looked him straight in the eyes.

“No, Hakyeon.”

Surprised, the Beta waited for the other to speak further.

“It’s just because I don’t want to.” Taekwoon deadpanned and had to keep himself together not to laugh at the face the elder made. However, a small smile stretched himself over his face and he couldn’t stop a chuckle leaving his lips.

At this reaction the other hit Taekwoon lightly on the shoulder and jokingly shouted at him ‘what a mean friend he is’ and that ‘he will see what he gets for being so funny’. They walked a bit further down the street and talked about their days, how it went and what they would be doing tonight. Hakyeon needed to work on an assignment for his dancing classes that he had to finish till next week. That reminded the Omega that he also had to finish the picture he was painting for his art classes. Though he just needed to make a few things and the canvas is finished.

Actually, Taekwoon wanted to have a more stable job and wanted to major in economy studies. He didn’t think that his status as Omega wouldn’t allow him to go to work and study in this direction. Thus why he chose something an Omega would more likely study. Maybe he would later be a teacher for the kids, he loved children. Or he would do something out of his talent and work in a company to draw or make the graphics for specific ads or something similar to it.

They came to talk about what they would be doing tonight. The younger of the two only wanted to stay home, have a quiet evening and perhaps watch a movie or read something. Hakyeon looked at him disbelievingly.

“Taekwoon!”

“Hakyeon.”

Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon expectantly, waiting for him to talk further.

“Tonight is Friday!” Hakyeon started and Taekwoon only shrugged. “So what?”

“Friday is for partying!” Hakyeon shouted and looked like he would rip his hair out in the next second.

“Tonight I will pick you up to go to the club I told you the last time about. And I won’t accept a ‘No’ from you.”The Omega grimaced at this. He so wouldn’t go there. Never ever! He even didn’t like to party. Hakyeon always tried to get him to one of those exclusive parties, but he somehow always found a way to avoid going there. Takwoon was just about to object , but the Beta already started speaking again.

“O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter