Truth

Serendipity and Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk was confused when he saw Kenta as soon he opened his eyes because Kenta was supposed to be at school but he is there with him now, he remembered falling asleep when he woke up earlier and then he also remember that everything went black after saying something. “Kenta?”

Kenta saw that Yongguk is now awake so he gave him a smile, “You’re awake.”

“Why are you here? You’re not going to school?” Yongguk asked as he got up from his bed, he sat down because his head still hurts and everything seems like going in circles.

Kenta hurried to help Yongguk as he got up from his bed, “Taehyun said that it is better if there is someone looking for you. Are you feeling better? Your head? Is it alright now? Taehyun is really worried when they came here earlier.”

Yongguk nodded, “I feel much better than earlier.” Yongguk said then he realized something, “Ah, Kenta... Did Jinyoung come last night here?”

“Last night? Bae Jinyoung?” Kenta said, “No, I didn’t see him last night. Why?”

Yongguk pouted a little, he is slightly expecting the younger one to come here, but then again as soon as he reached the dorm, he immediately collapsed, “How about my phone? Did you see it?”

“Ah, I saw it earlier, I charged it, it was out last night, I think it completely charged now.” Kenta said.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

 

~

 

“Are you waiting for someone?” Jinyoung’s phone almost slipped out of his hands when Daehwi, Woojin and Samuel surprised him by appearing and surrounding him out of nowhere.

“W-what are you doing?” Jinyoung said as he held his chest because he was really scared that his phone almost slipped. “I almost lost my life here.”

“We are asking you, you’ve been looking at your phone since last night.” Woojin asked, “It is not good if you always look at it, it will hurt your eyes and it is also bad for you to expect things that are not going to come.”

Jinyoung sighed, “Yeah, yeah, I know.”

“Are you waiting for a text?” Jinyoung froze upon hearing it from Samuel, Samuel is really good at reading everything, he may be the youngest among them, but he got a good grasp in everything. “So you are waiting for someone”

“H-huh? N-no I am not!” Jinyoung exclaimed.

“Then why are you—“

“Excuse me?” The four of them stopped as soon as they saw Donghan, “Did you know where is Jihoon? We agreed to pass our assignments today but he is not here today.”

Daehwi looked at Woojin then Woojin looked at Samuel and thenSamuel looked at Jinyoung and finally Jinyoung looked at Daehwi and the four of them looked at Donghan again, “I just noticed it is just the four of us, where is Jihoon? Did he text you guys?” Daehwi said.

“I saw him going to school earlier but I didn’t know who he went with.” Woojin said.

“Really? But he didn’t attend this—“

“Is Kim Samuel here?” the five of them now looked at who is asking for Samuel and they saw Seonho at the door, Seonho smiled and went to them. “Ah, I want to ask if Guanlin went here, he is not in his class.”

“No... he didn’t show up here, even Jihoon is absent—“

Then the five of them realized something, Donghan, Samul and Woojin looked away to hide their smiles, while Daehwi and Jinyoung smiled at each other. Daehwi gave Seonho a smile and held his shoulders, “If you are looking for Guanlin you better be not, I am sure Guanlin is safe.”

“H-huh?” Seonho said, “W-what do you mean—“

Then the bell rang for the next subject and that the lunch break is almost over, Samuel accompanied Seonho to the door and smiled to him, “I think you better go to your class, you will not going to find Guanlin here, we will talk later, okay.”

“H-huh—“ the Samuel closed the door, Seonho sighed, when he turned to his right, he saw Hyungseob and Sewoon, Hyungseob seems to be in a bad mood while Sewoon is smiling, “W-what?”

Hyungseob glared at him, “Guanlin is not here, so is Jihoon.”

“I know.” Seonho replied.

“We saw what you did earlier.” Sewoon confessed. “You should have not done that.”

Seonho glared back to them, “What do you know? You don’t—“

“What if Jihoon is hurt, you don’t want Jihoon to be hurt, Guanlin wouldn’t like that.” Hyungseob said, “You know that Guanlin will do everything for Jihoon.”

“Why are you suddenly protecting Jihoon?” Seonho asked, “Your opinion suddenly changed overnight? How come you are siding on Guanlin now.”

“No.” Hyungseob said, “I didn’t say that I will not going to protect Jihoon, I just need a reason why I should and since Guanlin already said his reason why we should protect Jihoon then that’s it.”

“That’s it?”

“Yep, that’s it.”

“Guanlin’s story have so many holes, you are going to agree like that?” Seonho asked.

“Yes, I know that.” Hyungseob said.

 

~

 

Hyungseob was looking at the window at his seat, it was not a nice day, the weather is not good, the clouds are painted gray and the sky is not visible, the sun is hiding behind the clouds, it feels like it will rain any minute later, while looking outside Hyungseob remembered what Guanlin told him last night after the meeting.

 

“You’re not going to ask more?” Guanlin asked.

“You’re not going to answer me anyway.” Hyungseob replied.

“What if I do?”

Hyungseob sighed, “Fine.” Hyungseob sat down again. “There are so many holes in your story, why can’t you just ignore Jihoon, you can just not fall for him, you can just go away and that’s it, you’ll get him alive.”

“Do you know Jihoon-hyung’s ability?” Guanlin asked.

Hyungseob nodded, “Justin already knew his ability even before he can speak, he looked directly at Justin’s eyes, he told me that he can see the red string of fate.”

“That’s right, that is what he can do that is his ability since birth... but do you know what the effect of it to him?” Guanlin asked.

Hyungseob gulped, “What do you mean?”

“Jihoon-hyung’s ability is connected with love, he is alive because I love him, in short, my love for him is what keeping him alive.” Guanlin explained.

“That sounds cheesy but you are saying that the string that attaches you to him helps him to be alive? So in short as long as you keep on loving him he can be alive, it doesn’t matter if he loves, but as long as his soulmate loves him then he will be alive.” Guanlin nodded, “Then why are we altering his memories.”

“Because we are preventing him to fall for me, if he falls in love with me there is a chance the future that I saw will going to happen.” Guanlin said, “In the future that I saw he was killed for getting closer to me, he was killed in front of me, to save me.”

Hyungseob sighed, “Does everyone knew about this?” Guanlin shakes his head, “Fine, thank you... for trusting me.”

Guanlin smiled, “No, thank you for coming here tonight.”

Hyungseob smiled,

“You should have told me this way before, it is not good for you, a kid, to suffer alone for this.”

“Are you going to help me again?”

Hyungseob nodded, “Sure, but is there any other way that we can do other than altering his memories?”

Guanlin shakes his head once again, “I can’t think of anything else...” Guanlin said, and Hyungseob fell in silence, “There is really a big thing that happened, usually I can Jihoon’s future, but these days, everything about him, everything I can’t see it anymore, it is like he is different now.”

“Different? How?”

“I don’t know.”

 

Hyungseob looked at his palm, as he remembered Guanlin’s words, it is impossible for Jihoon to fall in love with Guanlin because they keep on altering his memories, while Guanlin is always in love with Jihoon but he can’t say it because he is protecting Jihoon. “What a sad story.” Hyungseob whispered.

 

~

 

It’s been 7 or 8 hours since him and Guanlin got locked up in the rooftop and it’s also been 7 or 8 hours since he last talked to Guanlin. It is not like he don’t want to talk to him, he just don’t want to embarrass himself more, to the point that he wants to be eaten by the ground. Before Jihoon even knew it, rain started to drop, getting himself wet little by little but then he felt like someone covered him, when he looked up, he saw Guanlin using his blazer to cover the two of them.

“Let’s go there hyung.” Guanlin pointed at the gazebo, “We are going to catch a cold if we stay here.”

“Gualin...” Jihoon said absentmidedly.

“Y-yes?”

Jihoon got himself back, “N-nothing...”

Guanlin still put cover above Jihoon’s head, “Come closer, you are getting soaked there.” Guanlin said and Jihoon realized then that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter