Confession

Serendipity and Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyungseob woke up due to the fact that his phone keeps on vibrating; there is no other way but to look at who is the one that keeps on sending him text messages. It’s Euiwoong there were at least 20 messages from Euiwoong, and it is 1 AM, he needs some sleep, but when he scroll down the messages, he was surprised to see Guanlin texted him once. Hyungseob believed that if it is Guanlin who texted him, then it is really something he can’t disregard. He got up from his bed, and the first person he saw was Woojin who is sleeping, he is at the opposite bunk bed, both of them choose the bunk beds at the bottom since they don’t want to trouble their roommates if ever they both came late. Hyungseob picked up his nearest sweatshirt and put it on. He slipped his phone in his pocket and quietly went out of the room.

Hyungseob went to the place that Euiwoong texted him, the last door at the end of the corridor, it is an empty room, but when Hyungseob opened the door, it is not an empty room, but an entry way of a castle. Hyungseob stepped in and closed the door; one of the maids went to him to guide him. Euiwoong’s ability is Door Projection, meaning he can use any door to go to the places he wants as long as there is a door to that place, which differs to Jaehwan’s ability teleportation, which he can teleport any matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them.

“Is Euiwoong already here?” Hyungseob asked to the maid and the maid nodded, “I’ll kill that kid, I told him not to make me walk this far, he can put it to somewhere not far from the dining hall.”

 

After walking for minutes, they finally reached the dining hall, at the very end of the table is where Guanlin is seated, next to him are Samuel, and Lee Woojin, the kids that Guanlin trusts the most. Next to Lil’ Woojin is Youngmin, Sewoon, and Euiwoong. Next to Samuel is Seonho, Justin and Jungjung. Hyungseob decided to sit next to Jungjung not to add some fuel to his annoyed feeling towards Euiwoong.

“Why are we here again?” Youngmin asked, “Are we going to talk about something?”

Guanlin sighed, “I will tell you everything... why I am protecting Jihoon-hyung—“

“But before that, can you please answer my question?” Sewoon said out of nowhere, “Who is CaoLu?”

It is obvious that Seonho and Guanlin was startled upon hearing the name, “Who is he?” Euiwoong asked.

“One of his underlings attacked me last night, Jaehwan-hyung saved me. He is not an ordinary opponent, I didn’t manage to his face but I know that he is strong. He can control the shadow.” Sewoon explained.

“I think it is time for you to explain it to them...” Samuel said.

Guanlin sighed, “Okay, I’ll explain everything...”

“It all started before I went to Korea, I read a book, which my father wrote, there it is stated everything that will happen to me.” Guanlin stated, “There will be 4 person who will be held responsible for time, one is can control the future, the other one is past, and the last one is the present... but among them there will be one who will suffer more and that someone is the one who can go in the past, present and in the future but unlike the other three, that person can only watch, how many times? No one knows.”

“So the one who can control the future is you? And the past is Seonho and the present is Yongguk?” Youngmin asked and Guanlin nodded, “So who is the last one?”

“Kim Jonghyun...” Youngmin frowned and Guanlin smiled, “You thought it will be Hwang Minhyun, right? But it is really Kim Jonghyun, I saw him using it.”

“In the future? You used your ability to him?”

Guanlin shakes his head, “No, I saw him using it to save a cat, he was out for a  minute and the next thing he did is as if he knew were the glass was placed inside the body of the cat. My guess is that he is the one that can travel to the past or future by using someone’s body, unlike me who can only see the future and Seonho who can only watch the past.”

“The four of us should have something like this...” Seonho pulled out his pocket watch, it is a silver one, when he opened it, and the clock is not moving, indicating that they can really control the time. “The clock is not moving because only us can control it, we can only control this, Yongguk can control the time, make it faster, slower, and stop it, but that’s it, he can’t see the future unlike Guanlin nor go back to the past like me, or relive anything like what Jonghyun-hyung can do.”

“So why do we need to protect Jihoon? To the point of changing his entire life?” Hyungseob asked.

Guanlin looked at his hands, “Can I explain this?” Lil’ Woojin asked. “Hyung is not comfortable with this topic.”

“Sure, we just need answers anyway.” Hyungseob said.

“Every person in this world has someone close to them, same goes to the four of them, but the thing is, their most important person is the one needed to be sacrificed to obtain their dark souls. Dark souls are what Cao Lu wants, their dark souls are important to create an imbalance world, wherein CaoLu can control the time, he can be immortal.” Lil’ Woojin said.

“He thinks himself as a god due to his ability, and that is Absolute Wish, wherein everything he wishes will be his.” Samuel said, “But his ability has limitations and that is where the 4 of them enter, he can have everything except for time.”

“To make this short, we are protecting Jihoon because he is the most important person to Guanlin? How about Jonghyun’s? Yongguk’s? and Seonho’s?” Euiwoong asked.

Seonho smiled, “You don’t need to know who is my most important person, it is someone really close to my heart, that’s all.”

Guanlin nodded, “Starting tomorrow, be more careful, especially now that CaoLu is starting his move.”

 

~

 

“Yongguk?” Yongguk opened his eyes, it is him again, his father standing in front of him, when he looked at himself, he was in his 6 year old form, “Yongguk... come here, let’s talk.”

“Father...”

“Let’s talk...”

“Father—“

“Yongguk?” Everything went blurry after that, the only thing he heard was someone calling him.

 

Kenta was surprised when Yongguk was sitting on his bed and not getting up for their class today. He was about to touch Yongguk when he noticed that Yongguk’s eyes are black, he panicked and immediately held Yongguk, trying to shook him a little, but it was not effective.

“Y-Yonggukkie!”

Yongguk’s eyes returned to normal after hearing Kenta’s voice, “Ke-Kenta?” Kenta’s eyes were glistening with tears but what surprised Yongguk more is that Kenta immediately hugged him.

“I thought there is something wrong with you, please don’t be like that anymore, it is scary.” Kenta cried while burying his head to Yongguk’s neck.

Yongguk patted Kenta’s head, “Alright, alright.”

Yongguk don’t know what happened, he didn’t even know when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter